• XBox3/PS4 Pit of Doom!

From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to All on Wed Jun 12 13:42:33 2013
    Anyone planning to get a new console at the end of the year?

I'm poking people in our "one liners" about how Xbox "Rulez", but it's mostly just trolling.

PS4, it's like Sony is in the prime position to win it all at this point. For the last year or so since they started offering free games with PS+ account, the system has really shined and probably sold a ton of digital content as a result.

I've got the PS3/X360 combo which I rarely use these days and save for a love of Karaoke and Rock Band on my 360, I see little reason to even turn on that system these days. PS3 isn't doing much better as my dedicated netflix/media streamer, but if i was gonna start sinking more $$$ into online console stuff, I think PS3 would win. Less than $5 a month and you get free games that you can play as long as the subscription stays current. it's like netflix for video games, not as much choices, but for $5 a month, how can you lose?

XBox1, they gotta drop the game trade restrction, it's just stupid, but what's hilarious is I don't think it'll affect sales amongst their customers that have Internet. The problem is going to be the 30-60% (I have no idea how many) customers that don't have Internet. I hope they don't buy the console only to realize once they get home that they can't even use the thing. Talk about a bummer.

Games,
    Destiny - If you haven't seen the stuff that Bungie is working on, go check it out. Why MS did't throw more money at Bungie for another exclusive is beyond me. This game looks amazing, but it's coming to PS4/XB1/PC? So awesome? Oh and Peter Dinklage is doing VO, so bonus)

PS4 Knack - looks beautiful
    XB1 Project Spark - Looks like a worldbuilder game on crack
    inFAMOUS: Second Son - looks again
    PS4 Killzone - Shooter meh
    PS4 MGS5 - Staring Keifer Sutherland as Snake. (VO and mocap)
    Watch Dogs - un-believeably cool, cyber hacking and hand to hand combat in one.

Indie titles - Google Strike Vector and see what 4 dudes can throw together in less than a year on a limited budget. PS4 is openly embracing indie, and XBox wants to keep Indie devs on their platform (free dev tools, but they are exclusive to XB1). Should be an interesting topic in the years ahead.

OK, gotta work, more later. Feel free to comment. :)

-A.
    --
    Andy/Android8675

---
    þ Synchronet þ Shodan's Core - shodan.synchro.net