• Where No Man Has Gone Before

From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to All on Wed Aug 30 00:15:32 2017
    I'm watching the re-effected Star Trek episode "Where no man has gone before". liked that in the CGI they did a proper "early" Enterprise with the original engines. Surprised that the CGI didn't look as good as the CGI in the episode "The Doomsday Machine".

Speaking of the Doomsday machine, I saw reference to an early Trek timeline that alluded to the preservers making the Doomsday machines to combat the Borg. Interesting thought.

---
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Aug 30 20:10:21 2017
    Re: Where No Man Has Gone Before
    By: poindexter FORTRAN to All on Tue Aug 29 2017 05:15 pm

Speaking of the Doomsday machine, I saw reference to an early Trek timeline that alluded to the preservers making the Doomsday machines to combat the Borg. Interesting thought.

I've heard some theories about the Borg myself.. One theory I've heard is that the Borg was created by Decker's (?) merging with V'Ger in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. But the Borg are much older than that, so I'm not sure if that theory holds up (unless time travel is involved, which very well could be).

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Nightfox on Fri Sep 1 17:35:01 2017
    By: Nightfox to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Aug 30 2017 01:10 pm

There's a youtube channel called Trekspertise that has an interesting timeline. They guessed that the Borg had been spacefaring for 1000 years, based on comments and species numbers.

---
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to poindexter FORTRAN on Fri Sep 1 18:46:38 2017
    By: poindexter FORTRAN to Nightfox on Fri Sep 01 2017 10:35 am

There's a youtube channel called Trekspertise that has an interesting timeline. They guessed that the Borg had been spacefaring for 1000 years, based on comments and species numbers.

Yeah, I remember Guinan (from TNG) saying the Borg had attacked her species long ago (which is why they were scattered through the galaxy), and the Borg originated in the Delta quadrant, so they'd need to have had time to expand into the alpha quadrant.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com