• RoughneckBBS.com

From Tracker1@VERT to All on Tue May 22 15:09:31 2012
    I've been having some system crashes, and the some of the data for the website is corrupted... I'm backing everything else up at the moment, and hope to be
    up completely again thursday evening.

I had migrated the virtual machine running the BBS to my desktop a few months ago with the intent of upgrading the host server to VMWare ESXi... I just never got the time to finish that project... nothing like the urgency of failing hardware to push one forward.

--
    Michael J. Ryan
    http://tracker1.info/

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Tracker1 on Wed May 23 00:35:52 2012
    Re: RoughneckBBS.com
    By: Tracker1 to All on Tue May 22 2012 10:09 am

I've been having some system crashes, and the some of the data for the website is corrupted... I'm backing everything else up at the moment, and hope to be up completely again thursday evening.

I had migrated the virtual machine running the BBS to my desktop a few months ago with the intent of upgrading the host server to VMWare ESXi... I just never got the time to finish that project... nothing like the urgency of failing hardware to push one forward.

you've been backing up on a regular basis, right?

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Tracker1@VERT to Mro on Thu May 31 17:54:06 2012
    I've been having some system crashes, and the some of the data for the
    website is corrupted... I'm backing everything else up at the moment,
    and hope to be up completely again thursday evening.

I had migrated the virtual machine running the BBS to my desktop a few
    months ago with the intent of upgrading the host server to VMWare
    ESXi... I just never got the time to finish that project... nothing like >> the urgency of failing hardware to push one forward.

you've been backing up on a regular basis, right?

My NAS box filled up late last year, so backups haven't been regular, my last backup of the BBS was a couple months ago.. the only damage seems to be in the website, which hasn't changed in months.

I got the new nas box up a couple weeks ago, and the new vmware server put together last night, need to load esxi on it tonight, and get the VMs migrated...

My desktop has been running the VMs for a while now. I have a new video card for it (when I've caught the BSOD, it's been the video driver), it's just gotten very unstable.

I need a vacation...

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net