From Starbase@VERT/TLCBBS to All on Tue Jun 12 03:59:33 2012
    Total Response Access BBS
    Dial up bbs system in Austin Tx

Hours
    M - F 10:00 pm - 9:00 am
    All day saturday and sunday
    512-807-8696

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Lost Chord BBS, Elmira Heights NY - thelostchord.dns2go.com:6080
  • From Kevin Thornton@VERT/ATZ0 to The Millionaire on Wed Aug 22 19:53:00 2012
    Re: voice validate
    By: The Millionaire to Mro on Tue Aug 21 2012 06:02 pm

By: Mro to The Dark Rider on Tue Aug 21 2012 01:42 am

By: The Dark Rider to Poindexter Fortran on Sun Aug 19 2012 08:39 p

80 GB hard disk and 2 GB of RAM into it, and installed PBX in a Fl could get Asterisk with minimal headaches. I've got one of my GV a hooked in through that, and then I got a $25 VoIP ATA made by Gran
    so I could use a real phone with it. It works with modems as well about 9600 baud, maybe 14.4k if I'm lucky that day, and of course
    to be /ARQ or else there's bad line noise).

i have a dialup number. a guy forwards from the number to my telnet a some day i will rig up something to call it via dialup. that's really dreams is to call my own bbs with a real modem and phone line again.

Yeah I would love to run a dialup bbs again myself one day again just fo times sake.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada Û  Û

the.millionaire@parkave.synchro.net

You can run a dial up bbs now. Use magicjack with filters and a decent modem (28.8 and up). It is possible to do and get a dial up going. Sysop of dial uupbbs in Austin Tx.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ATZ0.com - Back to Basics
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Kevin Thornton on Thu Aug 23 01:10:00 2012
    Re: dial up bbs
    By: Kevin Thornton to The Millionaire on Wed Aug 22 2012 02:53 pm

By: The Millionaire to Mro on Tue Aug 21 2012 06:02 pm

By: Mro to The Dark Rider on Tue Aug 21 2012 01:42 am

By: The Dark Rider to Poindexter Fortran on Sun Aug 19 2012 08:39 p

80 GB hard disk and 2 GB of RAM into it, and installed PBX in a Fl could get Asterisk with minimal headaches. I've got one of my GV a hooked in through that, and then I got a $25 VoIP ATA made by Gran so I could use a real phone with it. It works with modems as well about 9600 baud, maybe 14.4k if I'm lucky that day, and of course to be /ARQ or else there's bad line noise).

i have a dialup number. a guy forwards from the number to my telnet a some day i will rig up something to call it via dialup. that's really dreams is to call my own bbs with a real modem and phone line again.

Yeah I would love to run a dialup bbs again myself one day again just fo times sake.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

You can run a dial up bbs now. Use magicjack with filters and a decent modem (28.8 and up). It is possible to do and get a dial up going. Sysop of dial uupbbs in Austin Tx.

Is magicjack software or hardware?

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
    þ Synchronet þ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to Kevin Thornton on Thu Aug 23 01:12:03 2012
    By: Kevin Thornton to The Millionaire on Wed Aug 22 2012 02:53 pm

What do you mean by using filters?

---
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to The Millionaire on Thu Aug 23 17:21:27 2012
    By: The Millionaire to Kevin Thornton on Wed Aug 22 2012 08:10 pm

Both. The device itself contains a basic ATA and flash drive. The flash drive contains an install package for the software.

When you first purchase and plug it in, if you have auto-play enabled, it automatically installs, download updates, and loads up. Pretty nifty device, but doesn't perform well enough on some networks to allow a modem to function. Over the local DSL I had to enable overseas mode on my fax machine in order to send faxes. I think I might have gotten a connection at 1200 baud on my modem, but 300 worked best.. ;) The reason for that is there's no quality-of-service support. My old ATA supplied with my cable modem, when I had a cable phone, supported QOS packeting, and was awesome. The QOS protocol(?) ensured the packets coming from the ATA were handled promptly before anything else on my connection. Streaming downloads would slow while I was on the phone. I so wish something like that could be set up with MagicJack.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Southeast Texas Chat
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Dreamer on Thu Aug 23 22:55:13 2012
    By: Dreamer to The Millionaire on Thu Aug 23 2012 12:21 pm

By: The Millionaire to Kevin Thornton on Wed Aug 22 2012 08:10 pm

Both. The device itself contains a basic ATA and flash drive. The flash dr contains an install package for the software.

When you first purchase and plug it in, if you have auto-play enabled, it automatically installs, download updates, and loads up. Pretty nifty device but doesn't perform well enough on some networks to allow a modem to functio Over the local DSL I had to enable overseas mode on my fax machine in order send faxes. I think I might have gotten a connection at 1200 baud on my mod but 300 worked best.. ;) The reason for that is there's no quality-of-servi support. My old ATA supplied with my cable modem, when I had a cable phone, supported QOS packeting, and was awesome. The QOS protocol(?) ensured the packets coming from the ATA were handled promptly before anything else on my connection. Streaming downloads would slow while I was on the phone. I so wish something like that could be set up with MagicJack.

Well I am trying to get dialup to work without a physical modem but I guess that's totally out of the question. I have tried a few programs
    withabsolutely no results.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
    þ Synchronet þ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to The Millionaire on Sat Aug 25 15:53:27 2012
    By: The Millionaire to Dreamer on Thu Aug 23 2012 05:55 pm

Well I am trying to get dialup to work without a physical modem but I guess that's totally out of the question. I have tried a few programs withabsolutely no results.

you can get a physical modem on ebay or from someone on facebook. i'm sure there's plenty of people with boxes full of modems

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::