• Atari 8-bit BBS

From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Lord Cygnus on Tue Oct 16 03:52:55 2012
    Re: Voice validations...
    By: Lord Cygnus to Starbase on Sun Sep 30 2012 10:53:00

No doubt! I enjoy running my vintage BBS from 1987! I'm using an Atari 8-Bi computer running OASIS BBS. Check it out if you like: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

That is absolutely awesome to hear. Back in the late 80s/early 90s for a long time the only machines that I had were an Atari 600XL and [later] an Atari 130XE. I didn't have any of the extension boards (I think it was Robert Puff who was making those if memory serves me right), so I was limited to what I could hold on 1 180k disc (and the ramdisk on the 130XE) when I tried to set up a BBS for awhile. I was never able to do it, though, due to constraints with the phone service in that building. I've always wanted to put together another Atari 8-bit system and maybe even check out some of the ST & TT lines that I never had the money to invest in.
    Anyway I'm definitely going to check your system out; god I've got a hankering for getting another old Atari system working now. Those are the machines I first learned Basic & Assembler on. :)

---
    þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS ssh port 8022 bismaninfo.hopto.org Web port 8080
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Mro on Sat Oct 20 10:24:55 2012
    Re: Voice validations...
    By: Mro to Poindexter Fortran on Fri Oct 19 2012 22:39:55

citadel is sweet groupware. as a bbs, not so good. but everything else, ver very nice.

Just curious but are you talking about the original citadel software that DOC (I think it's Dave's Own Citadel that it stands for?) is referencing? Just curious because I've only seen DOC and I'm curious as to what the original is like.
    -=-
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the owners or management of this corporeal rotting porksuit.
    -=-

---
    þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS ssh port 8022 bismaninfo.hopto.org Web port 8080
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Khelair on Sat Oct 20 19:16:11 2012
    Re: Citadel
    By: Khelair to Mro on Sat Oct 20 2012 05:24 am

citadel is sweet groupware. as a bbs, not so good. but everything else, ver very nice.

Just curious but are you talking about the original citadel software

i am talking about the current state of citadel.

if you want to see what the original looks like, download it and see for yourself.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::