• File Postings

From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to All on Tue Jan 17 15:22:48 2017
    I am usualy very quiet, and don't chime in on most things, but I am in agreement with some of the others about the recent influx of file postings. I enjoy seeing the BBS Ads, and I even post BBS ads here for my system, but my fears are that most people are going to turn this echo and other BBS ad echos off because of the constant file postings, as I am considering doing myself. I could live with a consolidation report at the end of every day of all the files posted in one report, but multiple reports in one day are starting to wear thin. There is an area in fido called filegate that these messages could be posted. I really feel these file postings are meant to be posted on the bbs itself, not a global echo. Please don't take this message as hostile, because it is not my intention, this is only my personal feelings. Thanks in advace for listening.

SysOp: C.G. Learn, AKA: DesotoFireflite
    Valhalla Home Services! - (Synchronet) - bbs.valhallabbs.com
    Valhalla II! - (GAP) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:24
    A Gamers Paradise - Over 150 Registered Online Game Doors!

--- Don't You Know, Can't You See, Don't You Understand!
    ž Synchronet ž Valhalla Home Services ž USA ž http://valhalla.synchro.net
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to DesotoFireflite on Tue Jan 17 18:36:22 2017
    Re: File Postings
    By: DesotoFireflite to All on Tue Jan 17 2017 07:22 am

I am usualy very quiet, and don't chime in on most things, but I am in agreement with some of the others about the recent influx of file postings. I enjoy seeing the BBS Ads, and I even post BBS ads here for my system, but my fears are that most people are going to turn this echo and other BBS ad echos off because of the constant file postings, as I am considering doing myself. I could live with a consolidation report at the end of every day of all the files posted in one report, but multiple reports in one day are starting to wear thin. There is an area in fido called filegate that these messages could be posted. I really feel these file postings are meant to be posted on the bbs itself, not a global echo. Please don't take this message as hostile, because it is not my intention, this is only my personal feelings. Thanks in advace for listening.

I agree fully, this is after all a BBS ADS echo and not a filegate echo. i don't post my bbs ad but once a week for fear its too much sometimes. I freaked out the other day because when I put my weekly batch event back in I accidently set it for nightly, and my bbs ad was being posted everyday. know what is funny though? it was drounded out in file listings so truthfully I don't think it mattered to anyone because like I did, I'm sure everyone else just skips to the last message on their newscan. the only reason I'm reading this echo now is because protests that have been started. you know it is kinda harsh, but there is one way to get rid of them if THEY don't want to consolidate them... we all know what that is. its not too much to ask.

KK4QBN BBS - FUTURE HOME OF THE FILE ANNOUNCEMENT FREE BBS ADS ECHO!,

THANKS TO THE TWITLIST!

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    ž Synchronet ž KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA US
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to all on Wed Jan 18 02:04:06 2017
    By: KK4QBN to DesotoFireflite on Tue Jan 17 2017 10:36 am

I am usualy very quiet, and don't chime in on most things, but I am in agreement with some of the others about the recent influx of file postings. I enjoy seeing the BBS Ads, and I even post BBS ads here for my system, but my fears are that most people are going to turn this

I agree fully, this is after all a BBS ADS echo and not a filegate echo. i don't post my bbs ad but once a week for fear its too much sometimes. I freaked out the other day because when I put my weekly batch event back in I accidently set it for nightly, and my bbs ad was being posted everyday. know

i think it's a fidonet thing. they have their auto poster toys and obviously these two guys dont give a shit and are intent on spamming the echo into oblivion.

not only THAT, but the files are dogshit. they arent anything anybody would want. and they certainly wouldnt want to see the same shit posted like 4+ times a day.

yeah we can block these guys in our twitlist but jesus christ, this is spam and spam in an echo is bad for all participants as a whole.

---
    ž Synchronet ž ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to Mro on Wed Jan 18 02:21:43 2017
    By: Mro to all on Tue Jan 17 2017 06:04 pm

yeah we can block these guys in our twitlist but jesus christ, this is spam and spam in an echo is bad for all participants as a whole.

Agreed, there should be a line drawn somewhere. this echo had some KICKASS bbs ads in it, and I used to love to try to get creative and one up other Sysops, and it gave me driving force to also make my BBS better. Now I don't even read the area because it gets 25+ file postings daily. which should belong in a filegate echo.

Otherwise both these guys seem cool, but, they seem to not care what the majority thinks about their actions on this network. even though at times I get out of hand. I do try to keep peace with everyone, and when I get out of hand, I drop away, or back off.. or make some commitment that helps everyone. this seems like its being done purpopsly now. and I BET they dont even read this area. I bet they skip over all their FILE ANNOUNCEMENTS like everyone else.. so if everyone is skipping over them, then WHY WASTE THE SPACE, Bandwith, and Patiences of your fellow sysops so you can play with some old outdate TIC processor or whatever the crap it is.

With all the NEW stuff out for SBBS these days your FILBONE or whatever it is could be much more successfull if you went about it other ways.

Back when I was running Warzone, I had created ONE networked echo that systems could pick up that had my file announcments, and if they wanted a file, they request VIA QWKNET. FTN is old and klunky now, and just too fragmented. I still have a place in my heart for it. but By far SBBS is the MOST POPULAR, and also has the most development ongoing, and in its own right can still be called a BBS, but so much more. it's what developers really wanted to create long ago.

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    ž Synchronet ž KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA US
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to KK4QBN on Wed Jan 18 05:13:34 2017
    By: KK4QBN to Mro on Tue Jan 17 2017 06:21 pm

Agreed, there should be a line drawn somewhere. this echo had some KICKASS bbs ads in it, and I used to love to try to get creative and one up other Sysops, and it gave me driving force to also make my BBS better. Now I don't even read the area because it gets 25+ file postings daily. which should belong in a filegate echo.

Otherwise both these guys seem cool, but, they seem to not care what the majority thinks about their actions on this network. even though at times I

i dont know tony but i've interacted with alan for years. he seemed fine, but now notice how he didnt even take it into consideration? i think i approached it pretty nicely with referring to putting himself in the user's shoes.

obviously the guy doesnt care. i dont know why they think it's okay because i wouldnt think to dump my file area notices into bbs ads.

---
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to Mro on Wed Jan 18 07:54:02 2017
    By: Mro to KK4QBN on Tue Jan 17 2017 09:13 pm

i dont know tony but i've interacted with alan for years. he seemed fine, but now notice how he didnt even take it into consideration? i think i approached it pretty nicely with referring to putting himself in the user's shoes.

I do too.. I beleive everyone has, maybe they cannot see our messages for the file notices.. :-)

obviously the guy doesnt care. i dont know why they think it's okay because i wouldnt think to dump my file area notices into bbs ads.

me either.. ever..

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
  • From Hemo@VERT/UJOINT to KK4QBN on Wed Jan 18 18:22:46 2017
    By: KK4QBN to Mro on Tue Jan 17 2017 11:54 pm

By: Mro to KK4QBN on Tue Jan 17 2017 09:13 pm

i dont know tony but i've interacted with alan for years. he seemed
    fine, but now notice how he didnt even take it into consideration? i
    think i approached it pretty nicely with referring to putting
    himself in the user's shoes.

I do too.. I beleive everyone has, maybe they cannot see our messages for the file notices.. :-)

I see them. I wonder.. WTF is this. Imagine what it would look like if every sysop started doing this.

obviously the guy doesnt care. i dont know why they think it's okay
    because i wouldnt think to dump my file area notices into bbs ads.

me either.. ever..

My thoughts as well. Don't care or are oblivious, which essentially is not caring. Next thing you know, we'll get reprimanded for having a discussion in the BBS Ads area ...

--
    Hemo

... Take what you can use and let the rest go by.

---
    ž Synchronet ž - Running madly into the wind and screaming - bbs.ujoint.org
  • From Accession@VERT/PHARCYDE to Hemo on Wed Jan 18 21:55:02 2017
    Hello Hemo,

On Wed Jan 18 2017 10:22:46, Hemo wrote to KK4QBN:

I see them. I wonder.. WTF is this. Imagine what it would look like if every sysop started doing this.

It would look like Fidonet.

obviously the guy doesnt care. i dont know why they think it's
    okay because i wouldnt think to dump my file area notices into
    bbs ads.

me either.. ever..

My thoughts as well. Don't care or are oblivious, which essentially
    is not caring. Next thing you know, we'll get reprimanded for having
    a discussion in the BBS Ads area ...

That only happens on Fidonet as well. :)

Regards,
    Nick

... "ŠŠµ Š·Š½Š°ŃŽ. ŠÆ Š·Š“ŠµŃŃŒ тŠ¾Š»ŃŒŠŗŠ¾ рŠ°Š±Š¾Ń‚Š°ŃŽ."
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20161221
    * Origin: thePharcyde_ distribution system (Wisconsin) (723:1/1)
    ž Synchronet ž thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Hemo on Thu Jan 19 00:42:29 2017
    By: Hemo to KK4QBN on Wed Jan 18 2017 10:22 am

My thoughts as well. Don't care or are oblivious, which essentially is not caring. Next thing you know, we'll get reprimanded for having a discussion in the BBS Ads area ...

i sent that tony guy a msg via qwk and he replied back that he doesnt know what i am talking about.

---
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to Hemo on Thu Jan 19 00:51:21 2017
    By: Hemo to KK4QBN on Wed Jan 18 2017 10:22 am

LMAO!

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

... An argument is where two people are trying to get the LAST word in FIRST!

---
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to Mro on Thu Jan 19 02:18:01 2017
    By: Mro to Hemo on Wed Jan 18 2017 04:42 pm

i sent that tony guy a msg via qwk and he replied back that he doesnt know what i am talking about.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to KK4QBN on Thu Jan 19 05:35:40 2017
    By: KK4QBN to Mro on Wed Jan 18 2017 06:18 pm

By: Mro to Hemo on Wed Jan 18 2017 04:42 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

--begin---
    Sorry but don't know what are you talking about
    On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 at 01:37, Mro <VERT/BBSESINF!mro@bbs1.tonyuk.online>
    wrote:

SINF

@TZ: 4168

hey, can you lay off the spamming of the bbs ads echo?

those arent bbs ads.

--end---

---
  • From KK4QBN@VERT/KK4QBN to Mro on Thu Jan 19 07:32:48 2017
    By: Mro to KK4QBN on Wed Jan 18 2017 09:35 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    --begin---
    Sorry but don't know what are you talking about
    On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 at 01:37, Mro <VERT/BBSESINF!mro@bbs1.tonyuk.online> wrote:

SINF

hey, can you lay off the spamming of the bbs ads echo?

those arent bbs ads.

--end---

Either BLATANT lies, or just don't care.

when it gets to that point they go in my TWITLIST, then NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON can see their posts. for THIS system at least.. wonder how many other systems are ready to follow suit.

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to KK4QBN on Fri Jan 20 02:32:23 2017
    By: KK4QBN to Mro on Wed Jan 18 2017 11:32 pm

when it gets to that point they go in my TWITLIST, then NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON can see their posts. for THIS system at least.. wonder how many other systems are ready to follow suit.

i think that for people that have arguments or disagreements, twitlisting is good but for just blatant spamming i think filter at the hub is more of a proper solution. if they wont tone it down.

if they do a bbs ad and put that junk on the bottom and post it once a week i've got no problem with it.
    it's the same 2 files anyways. why post it 4x a day.

---
  • From Tony@VERT/FRIENDS to Mro on Sat Jan 21 20:10:42 2017
    Dear Mro,
    I don't know why you continue to spam my e-mail with reports of my file list. It seems that other peoples not agree - ONLY - my file list. Am I correct? If is the case as I don't really care to announce here I leave the place to others BBS's Guru that want highlight their announces.
    My announces stops right now and I'll wish a very nice week end.

Tony

P.S.: if the justice is equal for everybody other systems have to do the same.

---
    ž Synchronet ž .:: Friends BBS ::.:: London ::.
  • From Tony@VERT/FRIENDS to Mro on Sat Jan 21 20:34:49 2017
    Yes that's correct Mro I told what are you talking about, because you come to me talking about SPAM which in IT is another thing, but this is another matter, and to be honest I promptly checked my logs to see if I was disturbing or "spamming" somebody, always because I want to maintain safe my education and reputation.

So now for the happiness of everybody Friends BBS stopped him announces here. I am afraid to been disturbed the area with my stupid announces but I thought "BBS Ads" means what the name said, but I was wrong it means " BBS Ads - ONLY - for certain BBS". Now that I understood the correct meaning apologise again for the disturb which wasn't intentional.

Tony

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Tony on Sat Jan 21 19:21:24 2017
    By: Tony to Mro on Sat Jan 21 2017 12:10 pm

Dear Mro,
    I don't know why you continue to spam my e-mail with reports of my file list It seems that other peoples not agree - ONLY - my file list. Am I correct? I is the case as I don't really care to announce here I leave the place to oth BBS's Guru that want highlight their announces.

Tony

P.S.: if the justice is equal for everybody other systems have to do the sam

hey there tony. i guess you did know what you were doing.

you say it was spamming, but for one day all i did was forward your posts
    to your email.

and you find it annoying? well we find your posts annoying.
    and i dont know what you mean about 'other peoples not agree - ONLY - my file list'

i hope you do leave! you were very inconsiderate and a liar.

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Tony on Sat Jan 21 19:22:31 2017
    By: Tony to Mro on Sat Jan 21 2017 12:34 pm

Yes that's correct Mro I told what are you talking about, because you come t me talking about SPAM which in IT is another thing, but this is another matt and to be honest I promptly checked my logs to see if I was disturbing or "spamming" somebody, always because I want to maintain safe my education and reputation.

So now for the happiness of everybody Friends BBS stopped him announces here am afraid to been disturbed the area with my stupid announces but I thought "BBS Ads" means what the name said, but I was wrong it means " BBS Ads - ONL for certain BBS". Now that I understood the correct meaning apologise again the disturb which wasn't intentional.

Tony

your disturbance was indeed intentional and unwanted. they were NOT bbs advertisements. they were you posting a file announcement of the same 3 shitty linuxnet files. multiple times a day. how on earth do you not realize that is disruptive.

*begin*
    (/ Mail/Mail)
    to:Mro #2
    subject:Re: New Files At Friends
    date:Sat Jan 21 2017 12:01 pm
    attrib:Read ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ --001a114520b659b1c30546998756
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thank you for send me back that message....and?!?!

2017-01-20 21:51 GMT+00:00 Mro <VERT/BBSESINF!mro@bbs1.tonyuk.online>:

SINF
    F R I E N D S B B S
    http://bbs1.tonyuk.online:8088
    Telnet bbs1.tonyuk.online:2424
    London, UK
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    ------

---
  • From Joe Delahaye@VERT/LIONSDEN to Tony on Sat Jan 21 18:44:44 2017
    By: Tony to Mro on Sat Jan 21 2017 12:10:42

Dear Mro,
    I don't know why you continue to spam my e-mail with reports of my file list. It seems that other peoples not agree - ONLY - my file list. Am I correct? If is the case as I don't really care to announce here I leave the place to others BBS's Guru that want highlight their announces.

It is not just you, There are at least two systems posing files received messages multiple times per day. Since this is not an echo to do such, escpecially for Fido related ones, you. and the others, are getting that backlash. You can advertise your BBS here, and even if you saved your file announcement to ONCE a day, people would not complain as they did.

---
    ž Synchronet ž The Lion's Den BBS
  • From DUMAS WALKER@VERT/CAPCITY2/CAPCITY to TONY on Sun Jan 22 03:02:00 2017
    P.S.: if the justice is equal for everybody other systems have to do the same.

In their defense, you were not the only sysop they've picked on in here, although I don't know if they were sending e-mails to all of them or not.

Some networks encourage file postings in the same echo as the BBS ads echo. Personally, I just skip over them.

---
    ž SLMR 2.1a ž A restless eye across a weary room...
    ---
    ž BgNet 1.0į12 ÷ CCO GTBBS * 1-502-875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
  • From Tony@VERT/FRIENDS to Mro on Sun Jan 22 04:13:28 2017
    "i hope you do leave! you were very inconsiderate and a liar."

I understand the education is really an optional for you...try to ask a bottle to your favorite chemist :-)

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Tony on Sun Jan 22 05:06:54 2017
    By: Tony to Mro on Sat Jan 21 2017 08:13 pm

"i hope you do leave! you were very inconsiderate and a liar."

I understand the education is really an optional for you...try to ask a bott to your favorite chemist :-)

ME FAILED ENGLISH

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to DUMAS WALKER on Sun Jan 22 05:09:12 2017
    By: DUMAS WALKER to TONY on Sat Jan 21 2017 07:02 pm

P.S.: if the justice is equal for everybody other systems have to do the s

In their defense, you were not the only sysop they've picked on in here, although I don't know if they were sending e-mails to all of them or not.

Some networks encourage file postings in the same echo as the BBS ads echo. Personally, I just skip over them.

they arent being picked on.

here is what i did.

one day i forwarded all his posts that day to his bbs email.

he got angry and called that spam! i guess he knows how we all feel.
    i havent seen any other network that encourages several posts a day of the same shit.

both these guys know what they are doing.

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Joe Delahaye on Sun Jan 22 05:15:23 2017
    By: Joe Delahaye to Tony on Sat Jan 21 2017 10:44 am

correct? If is the case as I don't really care to announce here I leave the place to others BBS's Guru that want highlight their announces.

It is not just you, There are at least two systems posing files received messages multiple times per day. Since this is not an echo to do such,

both prunty and tony here are intent on spamming their file announcements multiple times a day, all week long and they have no intention of stopping.

they see nothing wrong with it. some of us that like to look at bbs advertisements have a problem with it.

if it was once a week, that was good. but this filegate crap multiple times a day and tony's linuxnet shit mutiple times a day is just blatant spamming.

this is not fidonet. this is dovenet bbs ads.

i would like to have a vote to restrict their access to this msg sub to
    read only and i think a lot of people here would agree with that. they dont want to discuss it or change.

---
  • From Tony@VERT/FRIENDS to DUMAS WALKER on Sun Jan 22 19:23:20 2017
    "In their defense, you were not the only sysop they've picked on in here, although I don't know if they were sending e-mails to all of them or not."

I hope to see published here the email that the zealous mro sent to them at the same time.

However, I think this really useless and unproductive controversy. It was enough that the good mro had sent me an email telling me "Can you please stop sending announcements that bother me?" And everything would be solved without any controversy. Among other things I have not received any e-mail / warning from Digital Man. Again for me the matter ends here, indeed ended yesterday when I removed the announcements, I expect to see go away the other announcements, otherwise I have to consider all this disingenuous.

---
  • From Accession@VERT/PHARCYDE to Tony on Sun Jan 22 16:48:44 2017
    Hello Tony,

On Sun Jan 22 2017 11:23:20, Tony wrote to DUMAS WALKER:

However, I think this really useless and unproductive controversy. It
    was enough that the good mro had sent me an email telling me "Can you please stop sending announcements that bother me?" And everything
    would be solved without any controversy. Among other things I have not received any e-mail / warning from Digital Man. Again for me the
    matter ends here, indeed ended yesterday when I removed the
    announcements, I expect to see go away the other announcements,
    otherwise I have to consider all this disingenuous.

Since your BBS software, as well as the other system that is posting file announcements (Wildcat) doesn't support Synchronet's new in-message voting, you
    probably didn't get a chance to see the poll question that Digital Man himself posted. The question asked if people wanted these new file announcements posted
    here, and so far the results are 6 NO votes, and 1 YES vote.

The other systems have been contacted as well, so no.. you are not being singled out here. There are specific echos on Fidonet to post your new file announcements. But you don't see anyone posting them in BBS_ADS on Fidonet either, do you? The moderator there would make quick work of that, since it is an explicit rule there to not do so.

Since this network (Dovenet) doesn't have rules in that regard, or moderators of any kind. It's more or less up to the community whether or not they care to see spam like that in the network's areas.. as this has only started recently when other BBS softwares began connecting to Dovenet (ie: this used to be a Synchronet message network only, until other software's sysops figured out how to link to it - which is completely fine.. the more the merrier). However this isn't Fidonet, and it seems the members of this network don't want that kind of
    spam here.

Keep it in Fidonet, please - as the people that don't want to see it, don't link up to Fidonet (or those specific echos at least).

Regards,
    Nick

... "ŠŠµ Š·Š½Š°ŃŽ. ŠÆ Š·Š“ŠµŃŃŒ тŠ¾Š»ŃŒŠŗŠ¾ рŠ°Š±Š¾Ń‚Š°ŃŽ."
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20161221
    * Origin: thePharcyde_ distribution system (Wisconsin) (723:1/1)
    ž Synchronet ž thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Tony on Sun Jan 22 22:00:06 2017
    By: Tony to DUMAS WALKER on Sun Jan 22 2017 11:23 am

"In their defense, you were not the only sysop they've picked on in here, although I don't know if they were sending e-mails to all of them or not."

I hope to see published here the email that the zealous mro sent to them at the same time.

so it's my job to police you people? cant you just be a decent human being?

However, I think this really useless and unproductive controversy. It was enough that the good mro had sent me an email telling me "Can you please stop sending announcements that bother me?" And everything would be solved

who are you quoting? i did not say that. more lies from you.

without any controversy. Among other things I have not received any e-mail / warning from Digital Man. Again for me the matter ends here, indeed ended yesterday when I removed the announcements, I expect to see go away the other announcements, otherwise I have to consider all this disingenuous.

so you have to receive a warning in order to NOT spam this message sub several times a day with the same posts?

it's funny that you got so mad when i forwarded those posts. now you know how everyone else here feels.

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Accession on Sun Jan 22 22:03:42 2017
    By: Accession to Tony on Sun Jan 22 2017 08:48 am

fine.. the more the merrier). However this isn't Fidonet, and it seems the members of this network don't want that kind of
    spam here.

Keep it in Fidonet, please - as the people that don't want to see it, don't link up to Fidonet (or those specific echos at least).

i think it's ridiculious that people have this attitude that they can do anything just as long as the person running it doesnt complain. tony here got enraged when just one day of his posts were sent to his email.

these are the types of people who ruin it for everyone. he's the reason why they have 'do not eat' on the silica packets.

---
  • From Joe Delahaye@VERT/LIONSDEN to Mro on Sun Jan 22 18:15:55 2017
    By: Mro to Joe Delahaye on Sat Jan 21 2017 21:15:23

i would like to have a vote to restrict their access to this msg sub to read only and i think a lot of people here would agree with that. they dont want to discuss it or change.

That would defeat its purpose, which is to post ads. RO would stop anyone from posting.

---
  • From RALPHIE WIGGUM@VERT/CAPCITY2/CAPCITY to MRO on Sun Jan 22 19:13:00 2017
    I understand the education is really an optional for you...try to ask a bott >> to your favorite chemist :-)

ME FAILED ENGLISH

That's unpossible!

---
    ž SLMR 2.1a ž There is no dark side of the moon, really....
    ---
    ž BgNet 1.0į12 ÷ CCO GTBBS * 1-502-875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
  • From Tony@VERT/FRIENDS to Mro on Mon Jan 23 06:13:14 2017
    Mro I am afraid but is the third time you offend me
    "these are the types of people who ruin it for everyone. he's the reason why they have 'do not eat' on the silica packets"
    and I still quiet, please if you want to follow this discussion - again please - don't mention me anymore ok?! I hope is strong clear that you are looking for the brawl but doesn't work for me I am sorry. Few posts before I already apologised because was - not intentional - so what are you looking for now?!?! Other Sysops has already banned you and your IP from their system considering you a troll. but I still maintain a educate behaviour. Again the discussion is closed for me so from now, please, follow your discussion against the file announcements but not against me. Sorry for my bad english but I think is clear the concept.
    Thanks

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Joe Delahaye on Mon Jan 23 05:47:21 2017
    By: Joe Delahaye to Mro on Sun Jan 22 2017 10:15 am

i would like to have a vote to restrict their access to this msg sub to read only and i think a lot of people here would agree with that. they dont want to discuss it or change.

That would defeat its purpose, which is to post ads. RO would stop anyone from posting.

those werent bbs ads. they were file announcements.

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Tony on Mon Jan 23 05:48:33 2017
    By: Tony to Mro on Sun Jan 22 2017 10:13 pm

for now?!?! Other Sysops has already banned you and your IP from their system considering you a troll. but I still maintain a educate behaviour.

i've never been banned from any bbs.
    more lies from tony.

---
  • From Joe Delahaye@VERT/LIONSDEN to Mro on Mon Jan 23 19:32:40 2017
    By: Mro to Joe Delahaye on Sun Jan 22 2017 21:47:21

i would like to have a vote to restrict their access to this msg
    sub to read only and i think a lot of people here would agree with
    that. they dont want to discuss it or change.

That would defeat its purpose, which is to post ads. RO would stop
    anyone from posting.

those werent bbs ads. they were file announcements.

I am aware, however they are allowed to post ads just as much as you or I. While we may not like it, util now at least there was nothing in any rules that did not allow what they were posting.

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Joe Delahaye on Tue Jan 24 06:32:18 2017
    By: Joe Delahaye to Mro on Mon Jan 23 2017 11:32 am

I am aware, however they are allowed to post ads just as much as you or I. While we may not like it, util now at least there was nothing in any rules that did not allow what they were posting.

there was a vote on it and the vote was against it. only one person voted
    that it was ok.

---
  • From Joe Delahaye@VERT/LIONSDEN to Mro on Tue Jan 24 18:21:51 2017
    By: Mro to Joe Delahaye on Mon Jan 23 2017 22:32:18

I am aware, however they are allowed to post ads just as much as you
    or I. While we may not like it, util now at least there was nothing in
    any rules that did not allow what they were posting.

there was a vote on it and the vote was against it. only one person voted that it was ok.

There was no vote against them posting ads. Just the file announcements, and I participated in that vote

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Joe Delahaye on Wed Jan 25 03:21:49 2017
    By: Joe Delahaye to Mro on Tue Jan 24 2017 10:21 am

there was a vote on it and the vote was against it. only one person voted that it was ok.

There was no vote against them posting ads. Just the file announcements, and I participated in that vote

all he did was file announcements.

---