• OBESSION

From cogniben77@VERT/TRN to All on Mon Dec 26 23:58:48 2011
    OBESSION FOR MEN
    -------------------

NO THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, THIS IS ABOUT A SERIOUS THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MALE SPECIES. IF
    YOU THING THAT SEX IS DIRTY OR JUST MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE UNCLEAN. THEN YOU ARE JOINING A POPULATION THAT IS GROWING EVERY DAY. WHEN I MEAN ABOUT OBESSION IS THAT WE MEN TEND TO OBSESS OVER THINGS LIKE HOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES
    AND INFLUENCED BY THINGS WE HEAR AND SEE ON TELEVISION. TELEVISION HAS GOTTEN REAL BAD SINCE WE HAD TV'S WITH FOUR BASIC CHANNELS AND THEY WERE BLACK AND WHITE. NOW WE GOT COLOR, LCD, PLASMA, AND ALL THEM HIGH COST TV SETS. AND FOR WHAT, SO WE CAN THROW OUT THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW WHICH HAS TO BE BIGGER THAN WHAT YOU HAD BEFORE? OBESSION FOR MEN IS HOW THEY VIEW WOMEN NOW A DAYS. YOU CAN'T TELL A WOMAN THAT IS DRESSING LIKE WHERE THEY SHOW MORE SKIN AND
    HAVE LESS CLOTHING ON. THE INTERNET IS THE WORST. WE GOT TONS OF CONTENT
    THAT ARE FAKE PICTURES OF CELEBRITIES THAT ARE IN THE NUDE, AND ACTUAL
    PICTURES OF CELEBRITIES IN THE NUDE TAKEN BY POPRAZZI OR THOSE THAT TAKE PICTURES FOR MONEY. ALL MOST ANYTHING CAN BE A TRIGGER TO SWITCH SOMETHING ON IN YOUR HEAD THAT MAKES YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING WITH A WOMAN THAT IS HOT, SEXY, OR JUST A WOMAN OF ANY KIND OF RACE OR ATTRACTIVENESS TO GET DOWN AND HAVE SEX WITH HER.
    NOW I DON'T WANT TO GET TO GRAPHIC, SO I WILL TRY TO WORD THINGS A BIT DIFFERENT WHILE MAKING MY POINTS.

LETS JUST SAY WE THROW OUT A YOUNG MAN SAY FOR IN HIS AGE IN HIS LATE 30'S. HOW DOES HE HAVE THE POWER TO NOT VIEW CONTENT OR HEAR
    CONTENT.
    I MEAN, YOU RENT A MOVIE AND THE NEXT THING YOU SEE A SEX SCENE IN THE MOVIE AND IT IS SO GRAPHIC YOU THINK IT WAS REALLY HAPPENING. I BLAME THE FACTOR THAT HOLLYWOOD USES SEX AS A WAY TO PROMOTE A MOVIE THAT IS PROBABLY NOT GOING TO WIN AN OSCAR. I DO HAVE TO APPLAUD HOLLYWOOD FOR MOVIES THAT REALLY TELL A GOOD STORY AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEX. I THINK WE CAN GO ON AND ON TRYING TO ANALYZE WHY WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY WHERE SEXUAL INFLUENCES THROUGH MAGAZINES.
    AND NOT JUST THE ADULT ONES, I AM TALKING MAIN STREAM MAGAZINES WITH SWIMSUIT MODELS AND VICTORIA SECRET MODELS. YOU KNOW VERY WELL THAT THEY ARE SELLING A LOT MORE THAN JUST A BIKINI OR LINGERIE. NOW I AM NOT SAYING THAT MAN HAS TO GO TO A MONASTARY AND LIVE WITH THE MONKS AND HAVE NO SEX AND NO CONTACT WITH WOMEN IN ORDER TO CLEAN UP THEIR LIVES OR THEIR SOULS AND SO FORTH. IF YOU HAVE THE POWER AND THE WILL TO BE LIVING LIKE A MONK WITHOUT TELEVISION,
    RADIO, AND OTHER MEANS OF INFLUENCES AND JUST PRAY AND PRAY AND DO WHAT MONKS DO WHICH IS CLEANS THEIR SOULS AND GET CLOSER TO JESUS OR GOD. I SEEN THIS STORY AIRED ON 60 MINUTES ABOUT MONKS. IT REALLY MADE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO GOD OR JESUS UNLESS YOU CONFESS YOUR SINS AND ATTEND CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY AND OTHER DAYS DEPENDING THE REASONS. WELL I LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO APOLOGIZE FOR GOING ALL OVER THE PLACE.

I WILL END BY SAYING THIS THOUGH. AM I ATTRACTED TO WOMEN, YES, AM I ATTRACTED TO WOMEN OF THE FLESH MORE THAN THE MIND AND SOUL, AND THE ANSWER TO THAT IS YES AND NO. SINCE I DO HAVE WOMAN FRIENDS AND I DON'T GO UP TO THEM AND TRY TO GET THEM INTO BED. ON A SIDE NOTE THOUGH WHEN
    I AM BY MYSELF FOR ALL MOST HOURS ON END. THAT UNLESS YO HAVE THE WILL POWER TO CONTROL THE URGES, THAT YOU WILL FALL INTO THE WORLD OF WOMEN AS SEX
    OBJECTS THAN PEOPLE. OH WELL, I HOPE THIS MAKES ANY SENSE TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BALANCE THEIR LIFE SO THEY DON'T BE BY THEMSELVES MOST OF THE TIME TO VIEW WOMAN AS OBJECTS. I MY CASE, I VIEW WOMAN IN TWO WAYS. PEOPLE AND OBJECTS. PEOPLE FIRST WHEN I AM IN A PRESENCE OF A WOMAN, SINCE SHE DON'T HAVE A STUPID BRAIN ON HER SHOULDERS. YOU KNOW RIGHT AWAY THAT THOUGH SHE IS ATTRACTIVE AND IN YOUR LIFE NOT TO CROSS BOUNDARIES OR THAT LINE THAT GETS YOU IN TROUBLE WIT THE LAW. WHEN YOU ARE BY YOURSELF, OF COURSE IF YOU DO THAT FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME THAT YOU GET INFLUENCED ON THE SAME PEOPLE, BUT, NOW THE ATTRACTIVE YOUNG LADY IS NO LONGER AWARE THAT YOU ARE USING HER TO GET A PERSONAL HIGH FEELING OF GOODNESS. LIKE FOR INSTANCE, UNLESS YOU WERE TO TAKE HER PICTURE
    OR TRY TO TAKE HER PICTURE, SHE WOULD THEN TELL YOU UP FRONT THAT IT HAS TO BE NO NOT TO TAKE HER PICTURE. THE REASON TO THAT IS BECAUSE SHE VERY WELL KNOWS THAT YOU CAN DO ANYTHING IN PRIVATE WITH THAT PICTURE. ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANTED TO ALTER THE PICTURE AND POST IT ON THE INTERNET WHERE THE YOUNG ATTRACTIVE LADY IS MORE OF A SEX OBJECT. OF COURSE IF YOU SNEAK IN TAKING A PICTURE AND ALTERING THE PICTURE TO YOUR LIKING. YOU JUST CAN'T GET STUPID
    AND POST IT ON THE INTERNET, SINCE SOONER OR LATER YOU WILL GET IN TROUBLE
    WITH THE LAW.

I WILL END HERE, BY FIRST STATING THAT WE LIVE IN A WORLD
    WHERE SEXUAL INFLUENCES ARE EVERYWHERE. I WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I WAS WITH A FRIEND WHO WAS MY AGE AND A GUY AND WE WENT FOR A WALK ON THE BOARDWALK BY THE BEACHES IN NEW JERSEY. AND I WON'T LIE, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I WAS ABLE TO GO THROUGH THAT WALK ON THE BOARDWALK WITHOUT LOOSING CONTROL OR CROSSING THAT LINE WHEN IT COMES TO YOUNG WOMAN AND BIKINI'S. IT IS VERY NORMAL AS A MAN TO WANT TO SLEEP WITH WOMEN. WE JUST NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTROL IT, LIKE IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE NUMBER ONE THING THAT YOU HAVE TO DO CAUSE YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE GONNA DIE TOMORROW OR THAT NIGHT OR GET INTO A LIFE ALTERING ACCIDENT. WELL THAT IS ABOUT IT...

CHRIS

---
    þ Synchronet þ Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - www.roughneckbbs.com
  • From Jimmy Mac@VERT to DOVE-Net.Entertainment on Thu Dec 29 06:00:05 2011
    RE: OBESSION
    BY: "cogniben77" <cogniben77@TRN>

Wow... Someone needs to get laid.

Give it a rest Chris, Sex is perhaps one of mankinds most natural instinctive neccessities. Sure hollywood glamorises it but that's merely because of our screwed up puritanistic history.

As we mature as a society, sex will be accepted as being normal and hollywood will have to focus on other issues.

Like how the catholic church has been a breeding ground for pedophiles and abusers since its inception.

J..

Origin: Skulls & Crossbones - telnet://skulls.sytes.net

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Jimmy Mac on Fri Dec 30 02:02:24 2011
    Re: Re: OBESSION
    By: Jimmy Mac to DOVE-Net.Entertainment on Thu Dec 29 2011 12:00 am

Give it a rest Chris, Sex is perhaps one of mankinds most natural instinctive neccessities. Sure hollywood glamorises it but that's merely because of our screwed up puritanistic history.

It's also fun!

---
    http://DuckDuckGo.com/ a better search engine that respects your privacy.
    þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS (All the cool SysOps run STOCK!)
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Deuce on Fri Dec 30 18:52:18 2011
    By: Deuce to Jimmy Mac on Thu Dec 29 2011 08:02 pm

By: Jimmy Mac to DOVE-Net.Entertainment on Thu Dec 29 2011 12:00 am

It's also fun!

Just like George Michael once said. "Sex is fun."

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada Û  Û

---
    þ Synchronet þ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Jimmy Mac@VERT/TCP to Deuce on Sun Jan 1 05:39:16 2012
    It's also fun!

Well, Yes, there's that too ;-)

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
    * Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (33:1/3.0)
    þ Synchronet þ curmudge.hopto.org
  • From Interloper@VERT/NORBERTB to cogniben77 on Wed Jan 18 10:02:19 2012
    Re: OBESSION
    By: cogniben77 to All on Mon Dec 26 2011 17:58:48

OBESSION FOR MEN
    -------------------

NO THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, THIS IS ABOUT A SERIO THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MALE SPECIES. IF YOU THING THAT SEX IS DIRTY OR JUST MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE UNCLEAN. THE YOU ARE JOINING A POPULATION THAT IS GROWING EVERY DAY. WHEN I MEAN ABOUT OBESSION IS THAT WE MEN TEND TO OBSESS OVER THINGS LIKE HOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES

God that was hard to read. Didn't you ever learn not to write in caps, man? Your grammar and spelling could use some improving too, but you could be dyslexic, so I'll be nice.

I could debate your message, but I just remembered this is entertainment, so maybe you're kidding..

---
    þ Synchronet þ Norbert BBS - norbertbbs.org
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Interloper on Wed Jan 18 03:31:09 2012
    By: Interloper to cogniben77 on Wed Jan 18 2012 04:02 am

OBESSION FOR MEN
    -------------------

NO THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, THIS IS ABOUT A SE THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MALE SPECIES. YOU THING THAT SEX IS DIRTY OR JUST MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE UNCLEAN. YOU ARE JOINING A POPULATION THAT IS GROWING EVERY DAY. WHEN I MEAN ABOU OBESSION IS THAT WE MEN TEND TO OBSESS OVER THINGS LIKE HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS

God that was hard to read. Didn't you ever learn not to write in caps, man? Your grammar and spelling could use some improving too, but you could be dyslexic, so I'll be nice.

I could debate your message, but I just remembered this is entertainment, so maybe you're kidding..

LOL! They also say the world will end on Dec. 20, 2012. Hopefully that's another joke as well.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
  • From Interloper@VERT/NORBERTB to The Millionaire on Wed Jan 18 19:40:47 2012
    By: The Millionaire to Interloper on Tue Jan 17 2012 21:31:09

OBESSION FOR MEN
    -------------------

NO THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, THIS IS ABOUT A THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MALE SPECIES YOU THING THAT SEX IS DIRTY OR JUST MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE UNCLEAN YOU ARE JOINING A POPULATION THAT IS GROWING EVERY DAY. WHEN I MEAN A OBESSION IS THAT WE MEN TEND TO OBSESS OVER THINGS LIKE HOLLYWOOD ACTR

God that was hard to read. Didn't you ever learn not to write in caps, ma Your grammar and spelling could use some improving too, but you could be dyslexic, so I'll be nice.

I could debate your message, but I just remembered this is entertainment, maybe you're kidding..

LOL! They also say the world will end on Dec. 20, 2012. Hopefully that's another joke as well.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

I wonder if people would mind if he ended on Dec. 20, 2012.

Interloper
    www.kyletowns.com

---
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Interloper on Wed Jan 18 19:09:40 2012
    By: Interloper to The Millionaire on Wed Jan 18 2012 01:40 pm

By: The Millionaire to Interloper on Tue Jan 17 2012 21:31:09

OBESSION FOR MEN
    -------------------

NO THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, THIS IS ABOU THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MALE SPEC YOU THING THAT SEX IS DIRTY OR JUST MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE UNCL YOU ARE JOINING A POPULATION THAT IS GROWING EVERY DAY. WHEN I MEA OBESSION IS THAT WE MEN TEND TO OBSESS OVER THINGS LIKE HOLLYWOOD A

God that was hard to read. Didn't you ever learn not to write in caps, Your grammar and spelling could use some improving too, but you could dyslexic, so I'll be nice.

I could debate your message, but I just remembered this is entertainme maybe you're kidding..

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

I wonder if people would mind if he ended on Dec. 20, 2012.

Interloper
    www.kyletowns.com

Who knows? All we can do is assume and wait. :-)

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to The Millionaire on Fri Jan 20 03:53:54 2012
    By: The Millionaire to Interloper on Tue Jan 17 2012 09:31 pm

OBESSION FOR MEN
    -------------------

NO THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, THIS IS ABOUT A THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MALE SPECIES YOU THING THAT SEX IS DIRTY OR JUST MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE UNCLEAN YOU ARE JOINING A POPULATION THAT IS GROWING EVERY DAY. WHEN I MEAN A OBESSION IS THAT WE MEN TEND TO OBSESS OVER THINGS LIKE HOLLYWOOD ACTR

God that was hard to read. Didn't you ever learn not to write in caps, ma Your grammar and spelling could use some improving too, but you could be dyslexic, so I'll be nice.

I could debate your message, but I just remembered this is entertainment, maybe you're kidding..

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

Is that GMT? What time? I need to make plans that day.

---
    þ Synchronet þ MS & RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Boraxman on Thu Jan 19 19:02:40 2012
    By: Boraxman to The Millionaire on Thu Jan 19 2012 09:53 pm

OBESSION FOR MEN
    -------------------

NO THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, THIS IS ABOU THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MALE SPEC YOU THING THAT SEX IS DIRTY OR JUST MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE UNCL YOU ARE JOINING A POPULATION THAT IS GROWING EVERY DAY. WHEN I MEA OBESSION IS THAT WE MEN TEND TO OBSESS OVER THINGS LIKE HOLLYWOOD A

God that was hard to read. Didn't you ever learn not to write in caps, Your grammar and spelling could use some improving too, but you could dyslexic, so I'll be nice.

I could debate your message, but I just remembered this is entertainme maybe you're kidding..

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

It's probably 20:12 for the time as well. Not sure on the time zone on it though.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
  • From Jimmy Mac@VERT to DOVE-Net.Entertainment on Sat Jan 21 06:00:03 2012
    BY: "The Millionaire" <the.millionaire@PARKAVE>

LOL! They also say the world will end on Dec. 20, 2012. Hopefully
    that's
    another joke as well.

Joke? How could it possibly be anything other? If you consider what would be necessary to destrou an entire civilization of over 6 billion primates in a single instant, the answer is pretty clear. It just aint gonna happen. Not even a full-blown nuclear war could do that. It's really pathetic to think that some of us are gullible enough to believe in any of that malarky.

---
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to The Millionaire on Sat Jan 21 00:34:55 2012
    By: The Millionaire to Boraxman on Thu Jan 19 2012 01:02 pm

By: Boraxman to The Millionaire on Thu Jan 19 2012 09:53 pm

I could debate your message, but I just remembered this is entertai maybe you're kidding..

LOL! They also say the world will end on Dec. 20, 2012. Hopefully that another joke as well.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

It's probably 20:12 for the time as well. Not sure on the time zone on it though.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

Unless the world is going to rip accross the international date line, and
    take about 24 hours for the rip, heading eastwards to go back where it
    started. That way the entire world will end at roughly the same local time that day.

But really, that's silly. It would be according to the timezone the Mayans were in, duh!

---
  • From Interloper@VERT/NORBERTB to Jimmy Mac on Sat Jan 21 04:03:05 2012
    On 21/01/2012 11:00 AM, Jimmy Mac wrote:
    BY: "The Millionaire"<the.millionaire@PARKAVE>

that's
    another joke as well.

Joke? How could it possibly be anything other? If you consider what would be necessary to destrou an entire civilization of over 6 billion primates in a single instant, the answer is pretty clear. It just aint gonna happen. Not even a full-blown nuclear war could do that. It's really pathetic to think that some of us are gullible enough to believe in any of that malarky.

Origin: Skulls& Crossbones - telnet://skulls.sytes.net

---

I don't know about that. I think a large asteroid could do it, though of course, we MAY be able to blow it out of the sky with a nuclear weapon,
    or at least knock off it of course. ..And if it that was a likely
    scenario, we'd probably already know about it by now.

--
    Interloper
    www.kyletowns.com

---
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Jimmy Mac on Fri Jan 20 19:16:06 2012
    By: Jimmy Mac to DOVE-Net.Entertainment on Sat Jan 21 2012 12:00 am

BY: "The Millionaire" <the.millionaire@PARKAVE>

that's
    another joke as well.

True. Just a few people who have nothing better to do and want their 15 mins. of fame. *sighs*

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Interloper on Sat Jan 21 23:35:04 2012
    By: Interloper to Jimmy Mac on Fri Jan 20 2012 10:03 pm

On 21/01/2012 11:00 AM, Jimmy Mac wrote:
    BY: "The Millionaire"<the.millionaire@PARKAVE>

that's
    another joke as well.

Joke? How could it possibly be anything other? If you consider what would necessary to destrou an entire civilization of over 6 billion primates in single instant, the answer is pretty clear. It just aint gonna happen. Not even a full-blown nuclear war could do that. It's really pathetic to think that some of us are gullible enough to believe in any of that malarky.

Origin: Skulls& Crossbones - telnet://skulls.sytes.net

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.ne

I don't know about that. I think a large asteroid could do it, though of course, we MAY be able to blow it out of the sky with a nuclear weapon,

--
    Interloper
    www.kyletowns.com

If there was an asteroid on the way, we would have found out about it by now.
    As far as I know, no known asteroid is posing a threat around that time.

The other possibility, is that the universe simply ceases to exist in some wierd cosmological event.

but then, how would the Mayans have known about this?

Thats whats silly about it. People don't question how Mayans could know something that is elusive to us, with science and technlogy and all.

---
  • From Jimmy Mac@VERT/TCP to Interloper on Sun Jan 22 09:49:41 2012

Well, there is evidence that a very large metorite (asteroid) hit the planet some 65 million years ago and it did not wipe out all life on the planet - simply, the world did not come to an end. Sure a majority of the dinosaurs eventually succumed to the global climate change but it you have to admit, the world did not come to an end. To believe that anyone can predict with any certainy that the world is going to come to an end on a given point in time is ludicrous. Let alone a civilization that couldn't even predict their own extinction.

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
    þ Synchronet þ curmudge.hopto.org
  • From Cykros@VERT/ERIS to Boraxman on Sun Jan 22 23:02:22 2012
    By: Boraxman to Interloper on Sat Jan 21 2012 05:35 pm

The other possibility, is that the universe simply ceases to exist in some wierd cosmological event.

Thats whats silly about it. People don't question how Mayans could know something that is elusive to us, with science and technlogy and all.

So, not suggesting that the end of the Mayan calendar = end of the world (nor, incidentally, did they...). BUT, it is not the case that we would necessarily know of an asteroid that was on our way by now, given the status of our planetary defense programs. They have made a decent amount of progress in the last 10-15 years, but things still pop up that surprise them. See here for more details on the matter: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Asteroid-impact_avoidance#Histor y_of_government_mandates

cykros
    Discordia BBS: An apple a day keeps the goddess at play...fnord. telnet://discordia.dyndns.info

---
    þ Synchronet þ Discordia BBS
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Cykros on Wed Jan 25 00:14:38 2012
    By: Cykros to Boraxman on Sun Jan 22 2012 05:02 pm

The other possibility, is that the universe simply ceases to exist in som wierd cosmological event.

So, not suggesting that the end of the Mayan calendar = end of the world (no incidentally, did they...). BUT, it is not the case that we would necessari know of an asteroid that was on our way by now, given the status of our planetary defense programs. They have made a decent amount of progress in t last 10-15 years, but things still pop up that surprise them. See here for more details on the matter: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Asteroid-impact_avoidance#His y_of_government_mandates

cykros
    Discordia BBS: An apple a day keeps the goddess at play...fnord. telnet://discordia.dyndns.info

I remember our wase of space Prime Minister, Howards cut back funding
    regarding searching the souther skies for asteroids.

There could be one on the way, possible. But given that the Mayans never
    said how the world would even, or even said that it WOULD end that date, it's just an interesting thought experiment and nothing more.

Maybe the world is just a figment of my imagination, and I'll stop imagining
    it that date.

---
  • From Interloper@VERT/NORBERTB to Jimmy Mac on Wed Jan 25 01:06:05 2012
    On 22/01/2012 2:49 PM, Jimmy Mac wrote:
    I don't know about that. I think a large asteroid could do it, though of
    course, we MAY be able to blow it out of the sky with a nuclear weapon,

Well, there is evidence that a very large metorite (asteroid) hit the planet some 65 million years ago and it did not wipe out all life on the planet - simply, the world did not come to an end. Sure a majority of the dinosaurs eventually succumed to the global climate change but it you have to admit, the
    world did not come to an end. To believe that anyone can predict with any certainy that the world is going to come to an end on a given point in time is
    ludicrous. Let alone a civilization that couldn't even predict their own extinction.

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
    � Synchronet � curmudge.hopto.org

Fair call.

--
    Interloper
    www.kyletowns.com

---
    þ Synchronet þ norbertbbs.org
  • From Interloper@VERT/NORBERTB to Cykros on Wed Jan 25 01:11:00 2012
    On 23/01/2012 9:02 AM, Cykros wrote:

> If there was an asteroid on the way, we would have found out about it by
    > now.
    > As far as I know, no known asteroid is posing a threat around that time.

> The other possibility, is that the universe simply ceases to exist in some
    > wierd cosmological event.

> but then, how would the Mayans have known about this?

> Thats whats silly about it. People don't question how Mayans could know
    > something that is elusive to us, with science and technlogy and all.

So, not suggesting that the end of the Mayan calendar = end of the world (nor,
    incidentally, did they...). BUT, it is not the case that we would necessarily
    know of an asteroid that was on our way by now, given the status of our planetary defense programs. They have made a decent amount of progress in the
    last 10-15 years, but things still pop up that surprise them. See here for more details on the matter: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Asteroid-impact_avoidance#Histor
    y_of_government_mandates

cykros

---
    � Synchronet � Discordia BBS

I don't know, going by that article, some of the space programs designed
    to watch out for these sort of things, sound pretty solid.

--
    Interloper
    www.kyletowns.com

---
  • From Interloper@VERT/NORBERTB to Boraxman on Wed Jan 25 23:21:02 2012
    On 24/01/2012 7:14 PM, Boraxman wrote:

Maybe the world is just a figment of my imagination, and I'll stop imagining it that date.

---
    � Synchronet � MS& RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org

I like your thinking.
    --
    Interloper
    www.kyletowns.com

---
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Interloper on Thu Jan 26 01:42:39 2012
    By: Interloper to Boraxman on Wed Jan 25 2012 05:21 pm

On 24/01/2012 7:14 PM, Boraxman wrote:

Maybe the world is just a figment of my imagination, and I'll stop imagini it that date.

---
    � Synchronet � MS& RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org

I like your thinking.
    --
    Interloper
    www.kyletowns.com

The world was a great place to imagine then. Maybe perhaps we have time
    warped to the 80's but with a different way of thinking now.

---
  • From cogniben77@VERT/TRN to Interloper on Wed Feb 15 23:49:43 2012

OBESSION FOR MEN
    -------------------

NO THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT, THIS IS ABOUT A SERIO THING THAT IS HAPPENING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE IN THE MALE SPECIES. IF YOU THING THAT SEX IS DIRTY OR JUST MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE UNCLEAN. THE YOU ARE JOINING A POPULATION THAT IS GROWING EVERY
    DAY. WHEN I MEAN ABOUT OBESSION IS THAT WE MEN TEND TO OBSESS OVER THINGS LIKE HOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES

I could debate your message, but I just remembered this is entertainment,
    so maybe you're kidding..

---

well at the time i wrote this message that i apologize for the constant use of caps. however i would dismiss pretty much what was said anyways. sorry about that.

chris

---
    þ Synchronet þ Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - www.roughneckbbs.com