• 'Unreasonable Physique Expectations' ie Lady Gaga & Christina Aguilera

From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to All on Mon Dec 10 11:18:19 2012
    I'd like to hear some opinions on Lady Gaga's weight gain here, if anybody cares enough. I've been frequenting another BBS (not networked, just with a local crowd) and there are massive spats going on there about the allegedly unreasonable expectations that pop divas and models are expected to live up to vs. the fact that Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera have put on more than a healthy amount of weight. Just curious as to how the opinions are broken down here on this net vs. that isolated cluster of people. I've got a feeling that there are a lot more militant feminists on the other BBS that are banding together on this issue (not to mention at least one trans-sexual); I want a more broad sampling on this discussion, by god.

---
    -=-
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the owners or management of this corporeal rotting porksuit.
    -=-
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron : telnet bismaninfo.hopto.org 8023 : http:8080
  • From Erikn@VERT/DMINE to Khelair on Mon Dec 10 21:27:14 2012
    Re: 'Unreasonable Physique Expectations' ie Lady Gaga & Christina Aguilera
    By: Khelair to All on Mon Dec 10 2012 05:18 am

I'd like to hear some opinions on Lady Gaga's weight gain here, if anybo cares enough. I've been frequenting another BBS (not networked, just with a local crowd) and there are massive spats going on there about the allegedly unreasonable expectations that pop divas and models are expected to live up vs. the fact that Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera have put on more than a healthy amount of weight. Just curious as to how the opinions are broken do here on this net vs. that isolated cluster of people. I've got a feeling th there are a lot more militant feminists on the other BBS that are banding together on this issue (not to mention at least one trans-sexual); I want a more broad sampling on this discussion, by god.

Unfortunately that is the grim reality of life, most people these days (not all, remember that) have absolutely STUPID expectations of what a woman should look like... including the fact she must be superthin (bordering on anorexia) and pile on the facepaint... my general opinion is that i dont give a rat's ass if a woman puts on a little weight, it's healthy for them if they've previously been thin. The less facepaint a woman wears the better. I am not a fan of either woman's brand of music, but i still think that it is ok for a woman to put on a little weight.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Diamond Mine Online - bbs.dmine.net - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Khelair on Tue Dec 11 13:47:47 2012
    By: Khelair to All on Mon Dec 10 2012 05:18:19

I'd like to hear some opinions on Lady Gaga's weight gain here, if anybody cares enough. I've been frequenting another BBS (not networked, just with a local crowd) and there are massive spats going on there about the allegedly unreasonable expectations that pop divas and models are expected to live up to vs. the fact that Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera have put on more than a healthy amount of weight. Just curious as to how

I don't follow pop music much, but I think such expectations are silly and unreasonable.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Lentzs@VERT/LENTZ2 to Nightfox on Tue Dec 11 17:44:45 2012
    By: Nightfox to Khelair on Tue Dec 11 2012 07:47 am

I'd like to hear some opinions on Lady Gaga's weight gain here, if anybody cares enough. I've been frequenting another BBS (not networked, just with a local crowd) and there are massive spats going on there about the allegedly unreasonable expectations that pop divas and models are expected to live up to vs. the fact that Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera have put on more than a healthy amount of weight. Just curious as to how

I don't follow pop music much, but I think such expectations are silly and unreasonable.

Nightfox

I have heard of actors gain weight for roles, but they are also watched by doctors to keep it healthy.

LentzS

---
    þ Synchronet þ Preventing Data Rot - bbs.lentz2.com
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Nightfox on Tue Dec 11 15:11:51 2012

Subject: 'Unreasonable Physique Expectations' ie Lady Gaga & Christina Aguil @VIA: DIGDIST
    @MSGID: <50C74793.1301.entertai@digitaldistortionbbs.com>
    @REPLY: <50C5C4FB.1331.dove-ent@bismaninfo.hopto.org>
    @TZ: 41e0

Nightfox

How about Rap?
    modern rap sounds like a person with tourettes set to music.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Lentzs on Tue Dec 11 15:12:22 2012
    By: Lentzs to Nightfox on Tue Dec 11 2012 11:44 am

Subject: 'Unreasonable Physique Expectations' ie Lady Gaga & Christina Aguil @VIA: LENTZ2
    @MSGID: <50C762FD.285.dove-ent@bbs.lentz2.com>
    @REPLY: <50C74793.1301.entertai@digitaldistortionbbs.com>
    @TZ: 412c

Re: 'Unreasonable Physique Expectations' ie Lady Gaga & Christina Aguil

I'd like to hear some opinions on Lady Gaga's weight gain here, if anybody cares enough. I've been frequenting another BBS (not networke just with a local crowd) and there are massive spats going on there ab the allegedly unreasonable expectations that pop divas and models are expected to live up to vs. the fact that Lady Gaga and Christina Aguil have put on more than a healthy amount of weight. Just curious as to

I don't follow pop music much, but I think such expectations are silly an unreasonable.

Nightfox

I have heard of actors gain weight for roles, but they are also watched by doctors to keep it healthy.

LentzS

yeah, we all want to be fat and healthy.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Lentzs on Wed Dec 12 01:58:51 2012
    By: Lentzs to Nightfox on Tue Dec 11 2012 11:44 am

if they go to doctors to be watched. some do not.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Lentzs on Wed Dec 12 01:29:14 2012
    By: Lentzs to Nightfox on Tue Dec 11 2012 11:44:45

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd have to keep it under control. What I think is crazy is what people go through to be able to fit into fashionable clothing. I heard that up until the 1940s or so (I think), some women chose to have ribs removed so that they could fit into corsets. And more recently, I've heard that some women are electing to have toes surgically removed or re-shaped so that they can fit into pointy shoes. Our clothes should conform to our bodies, not the other way around.

Nightfox

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Corey on Wed Dec 12 01:30:18 2012
    By: Corey to Nightfox on Tue Dec 11 2012 09:11:51

How about Rap?

Not so much.. My favorite rap artist is Will Smith (formerly DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, in the 80s), mainly because his rap doesn't sound like someone with tourettes set to music.

Nightfox

---
  • From Art@VERT/RASPBERI to Nightfox on Wed Dec 12 17:44:05 2012
    By: Nightfox to Corey on Tue Dec 11 2012 19:30:18

Ahoy NightFox,

How about Rap?

Not so much.. My favorite rap artist is Will Smith (formerly DJ Jazzy Jeff the Fresh Prince, in the 80s), mainly because his rap doesn't sound like someone with tourettes set to music.

Jazzy Jeff is not Will Smith, however they did make hip hop together as Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff. He also starred on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air series alongside Will Smith. Jazzy Jeff was Fresh Prince's DJ, for their releases.

I like their style of old school hip hop too, most of the newer rap is a bit too abrasive for my likings, but there are some artists releasing proper new hip hop, not this gangsta rap grimey stuff.

Kind regards,
    Art
    art at raspberry dot poorcoding dot com.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Raspberry Board: ARM powered! raspberry.poorcoding.com:2300
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Lentzs on Wed Dec 12 11:48:47 2012
    By: Lentzs to Nightfox on Tue Dec 11 2012 11:44:45

Any time that I hear about actors putting on or losing weight for roles I think of the extreme weight-loss that Christian Bale did for The Machinist.
    I'm sure there are more examples, but they can't all be healthy. I'm pretty sure that when he did that he had a doctor or two telling him it wasn't alright. Although, to be fair, judging by that stunt that he pulled with some filming crew member on the scene of Terminator: Salvation or whatever it
    was, any doctor that would give him shit would likely get it thrown back in his face 20-fold.

---
    -=-
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the owners or management of this corporeal rotting porksuit.
    -=-
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron : telnet bismaninfo.hopto.org 8023 : http:8080
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Art on Wed Dec 12 13:50:39 2012
    By: Art to Nightfox on Wed Dec 12 2012 11:44:05

Jazzy Jeff is not Will Smith, however they did make hip hop together as Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff. He also starred on the Fresh Prince of Bel
    Air series alongside Will Smith. Jazzy Jeff was Fresh Prince's DJ, for
    their releases.

I know Jazzy Jeff is not Will Smith, and I wasn't trying to say so. :P Sorry if my post was confusing. I meant that I like Will Smith and also his group DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

I like their style of old school hip hop too, most of the newer rap is a
    bit too abrasive for my likings, but there are some artists releasing
    proper new hip hop, not this gangsta rap grimey stuff.

Sadly, I think many people equate rap with gangsta rap. Therefore, rap tends to get a bad rap... :P

Nightfox

---
  • From Art@VERT/RASPBERI to Nightfox on Thu Dec 13 01:09:22 2012
    By: Nightfox to Art on Wed Dec 12 2012 07:50:39

Ahoy NightFox,

I know Jazzy Jeff is not Will Smith, and I wasn't trying to say so. :P Sorr if my post was confusing. I meant that I like Will Smith and also his group Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

Ah--now that you say that, I've read it again and see what you meant! Apologies. :|

I like their style of old school hip hop too, most of the newer rap is a bit too abrasive for my likings, but there are some artists releasing proper new hip hop, not this gangsta rap grimey stuff.

Sadly, I think many people equate rap with gangsta rap. Therefore, rap tend to get a bad rap... :P

Berry punny, but true. I used to be quite close-minded in what I listened to, nowadays I try to keep an open mind/ear. I still don't like gangsta rap. The messages are terrible.

Does anyone listen to Del tha Funky Homosapien or the Last Emperor? Both of those guys have some great hip hop tracks.

Kind regards,
    Art
    art at raspberry dot poorcoding dot com.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Raspberry Board: ARM powered! raspberry.poorcoding.com:2300