• star wars episode vii

From an0k@VERT/HAX0RQWK to All on Sun Jan 27 05:08:30 2013
    so i saw a movie poster on facebook today saying it will be released in 2015. i guess the mayans were off by 3 years. fucking george lucas and disney.

---
    þ Synchronet þ .. hax0r's palace .. you've just been hax0r'd ..
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to an0k on Sun Jan 27 16:17:35 2013
    Re: star wars episode vii
    By: an0k to All on Sat Jan 26 2013 11:08 pm

so i saw a movie poster on facebook today saying it will be released in 2015. i guess the mayans were off by 3 years. fucking george lucas and disney.

george lucas actually believed the world was going to end on 2012.
    he would speak about it at length to a lot of hollywood people he would meet with.

i'm glad that old turkey neck sold it off. he fucked up the whole franchise. you can really tell that it was his wife and the studio who shaped the earlier movies into something watchable.

when he was on his own and had all the power, we had jar jar [who was supposed to be some epic hero but that didnt pan out] and stupid effects and constant edits.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to an0k on Sun Jan 27 18:22:18 2013

I forget where I read it, but a live action television Star Wars is being talked about again. They'll have to be REAL careful to pull that off... but, with Disney at the helm, somehow I doubt it's going to do anything but injure the franchise more.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Southeast Texas Chat
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to an0k on Sun Jan 27 18:32:28 2013

2015 is the next world hoax prediction. So I guess we get a 2-year holiday for it.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada Û  Û

---
    þ Synchronet þ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to Dreamer on Sun Jan 27 17:43:48 2013
    By: Dreamer to an0k on Sun Jan 27 2013 12:22 pm

I forget where I read it, but a live action television Star Wars is being talked about again. They'll have to be REAL careful to pull that off... but, with Disney at the helm, somehow I doubt it's going to do anything but injure the franchise more.

New live-action stuff is intriguing but recent efforts have left me meh.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome was all done with greenscreen; while they were able to make some pretty amazing scenery (the large, bustling Galactica CIC alone was worth the price of admission!) but it all seemed too clear, too well defined. Too computer generated. While they were able to make scenes
    that would have been cost-prohibitive or impossible otherwise, it missed the gritty feel of the remade series.

I saw it on YouTube - maybe it'll feel different in HD.

---
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to an0k on Sun Jan 27 22:52:54 2013
    By: an0k to All on Sat Jan 26 2013 23:08:30

I heard J.J. Abrams is going to be directing it.. The 2 things I expected least from a Star Wars movie are Disney and J.J. Abrams..

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to Dreamer on Sun Jan 27 22:14:59 2013

talked about again. They'll have to be REAL careful to pull that off... but, with Disney at the helm, somehow I doubt it's going to do anything but injure the franchise more.

Really? With JJ at the helm, and assets like Lasseter available on speed dial? What was the last truely terrible JJ Abrams movie/tv show you saw? I'm sure theres a list, but I think his track record has more hits than misses.

It's star wars, in the end, who won't see it? Not saying it won't be a steamer, but I sat through 1-3, how much worse can 7 be?
    --
    Andy/Android8675

---
    þ Synchronet þ Shodan's Core - shodan.synchro.net
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Android8675 on Mon Jan 28 05:13:27 2013
    By: Android8675 to Dreamer on Sun Jan 27 2013 04:14 pm

talked about again. They'll have to be REAL careful to pull that off... but, with Disney at the helm, somehow I doubt it's going to do anything but injure the franchise more.

Really? With JJ at the helm, and assets like Lasseter available on speed dial? What was the last truely terrible JJ Abrams movie/tv show you saw?
    I'm sure theres a list, but I think his track record has more hits than misses.

Everyone has their first flunk sometime... when I read he took on Star Wars, I thought to myself "This is the one for him..." lol

Now, if he's allowed to do his thing without interference from Disney, I'm sure the next movie will be great. But I seem to recall the executives there tend to have a tendency to get their fingers into everything.

It's star wars, in the end, who won't see it? Not saying it won't be a steamer, but I sat through 1-3, how much worse can 7 be?

Again, so long as it's not Disney-ized, I think he should do an excellent job. This is the man who created Firefly. I was glad he was tapped for Star Wars; I just hope he's given the room to do his job.

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Dreamer on Mon Jan 28 03:31:47 2013
    By: Dreamer to Android8675 on Sun Jan 27 2013 23:13:27

Again, so long as it's not Disney-ized, I think he should do an excellent job. This is the man who created Firefly. I was glad he was tapped for Star Wars; I just hope he's given the room to do his job.

A co-worker of mine let me borrow his Firefly DVDs since I hadn't seen the show before. I like sci-fi, so I watched the first few episodes but couldn't get really interested in it. I suppose I can understand why the show was canceled.

I liked JJ Abrams' Star Trek though, so I have "a new hope" that Star Wars 7 will be good (pun intended).

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Nightfox on Mon Jan 28 15:04:18 2013
    By: Nightfox to Dreamer on Sun Jan 27 2013 09:31 pm

A co-worker of mine let me borrow his Firefly DVDs since I hadn't seen the show before. I like sci-fi, so I watched the first few episodes but couldn't get really interested in it. I suppose I can understand why the show was canceled.

That was the only issue I had with it. Great concept, but he drug it out a little too much.

Check out the movie, Serenity. It's basically Firefly, remade.

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Dreamer on Tue Jan 29 04:39:15 2013

It's pretty hard to injure the franchise after was Lucas did to it. This review
    is more entertaining than the actual movie: http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-me
    nace/

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #45:
    Synchronet External X/Y/ZMODEM protocol driver (SEXYZ) was introduced in 2005. Norco, CA WX: 47.0øF, 58.0% humidity, 0 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to Dreamer on Tue Jan 29 14:13:52 2013
    By: Dreamer to Android8675 on Sun Jan 27 2013 11:13 pm

If Jj steps down you'll know something was up, he comes across as the kindda guy who won't compromise on certain things. He won't tarnish his bad robot label, (that's just based on a faith call, again, who really knows)

I love Disney, I drink the coolaid, so maybe I'm a bad person to be arguing this point, but I get what you're talking about.

-A
    --
    Andy/Android8675

---
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to Dreamer on Tue Jan 29 14:15:23 2013
    By: Dreamer to Nightfox on Mon Jan 28 2013 09:04 am

Check out the movie, Serenity. It's basically Firefly, remade.

Serenity = Episode VI, it was Return of the Jedi because Joss didn't feel he'd get a chance to make IV and V. Good flick.
    --
    Andy/Android8675

---
  • From Internetking@VERT/TIME to Mro on Tue Apr 23 09:14:00 2013
    Mro wrote to an0k <=-

yeah I agree with that, stupid disney brought star wars... shame on you George Lucas.... Damn you...

george lucas actually believed the world was going to end on 2012.
    he would speak about it at length to a lot of hollywood people he would meet with.

Lol .... Yeah, his mind is like stupid and gives fake ideas. what a faker, shame on you George... George should be in the crazy hospital lol

i'm glad that old turkey neck sold it off. he fucked up the whole franchise. you can really tell that it was his wife and the studio who shaped the earlier movies into something watchable.

yeah, he fucked up big time!!!!

when he was on his own and had all the power, we had jar jar [who was supposed to be some epic hero but that didnt pan out] and stupid
    effects and constant edits.

Lol... yep, i agree with ya.... :-D
    ... DalekDOS v(overflow): (I)Obey (V)ision impaired (E)xterminate
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    þ Synchronet þ Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 IBBS Games
  • From Internetking@VERT/TIME to Android8675 on Tue Apr 23 09:38:00 2013
    -=> Android8675 wrote to Dreamer <=-

yeah, I hope so... I dont want disney like in star wars... I want it like before it was sold to damn disney....

I love Disney, I drink the coolaid, so maybe I'm a bad person to be arguing this point, but I get what you're talking about.

I hate disney for buying the starwar movies.. damn disney.

... Computer Hacker wanted. Must have own axe.
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    þ Synchronet þ Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 IBBS Games
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Internetking on Tue Apr 23 12:16:17 2013
    Re: Re: star wars episode vii
    By: Internetking to Android8675 on Tue Apr 23 2013 04:38 am

-=> Android8675 wrote to Dreamer <=-

Again, so long as it's not Disney-ized, I think he should do an excelle job. This is the man who created Firefly. I was glad he was tapped for Star Wars; I just hope he's given the room to do his job.

yeah, I hope so... I dont want disney like in star wars... I want it like before it was sold to damn disney....

I hate disney for buying the starwar movies.. damn disney.

... Computer Hacker wanted. Must have own axe.

hmm, I hate disney for buying marvel.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Internetking on Tue Apr 23 15:50:00 2013
    Internetking wrote to Mro <=-

Mro wrote to an0k <=-

yeah I agree with that, stupid disney brought star wars... shame on
    you George Lucas.... Damn you...

I still can't believe what I read the other day. After 2015, Disney
    will be releasing a new movie EVERY YEAR. That's an awful quick turn
    rate for such a big franchise. Everytime I read a Disney Star Wars
    article I have a funny feeling about it.

--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
  • From Froggy Me@VERT to Dreamer on Fri May 3 22:19:00 2013
    Re: Re: star wars episode vii
    By: Dreamer to Internetking on Tue Apr 23 2013 10:50 am

Internetking wrote to Mro <=-

Mro wrote to an0k <=-

yeah I agree with that, stupid disney brought star wars... shame on you George Lucas.... Damn you...

I still can't believe what I read the other day. After 2015, Disney
    will be releasing a new movie EVERY YEAR. That's an awful quick turn
    rate for such a big franchise. Everytime I read a Disney Star Wars
    article I have a funny feeling about it.

Wow, that is too rapid, I agree. Weren't there 4 years between 4 and 5? and then only 2 years to get ROTJ out; the franchised franchise was already beginning (Ewoks :P ). Savoring a wait makes the movies more special, grumble.
    Honestly, though, I have hope, as Disney also made Tron 2, and that was okay.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net