• revolution on nbc is back

From cogniben77@VERT/TRN to All on Mon Mar 25 21:46:11 2013

any fans still out there for the tv series revolution? i for one thought this series was finished or wasn't coming back to television. boy was i wrong, and now that tv show is on tonight with a new season and new
    episodes. if anyone else watches this show please feel free to talk about it. as for those that are sci fi fans who haven't watched the tv series, now is
    the time to catch up on the series. support it for ratings and keep it on the air.

chris

---
    Synchronet Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - http://roughneckbbs.com
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to cogniben77 on Tue Mar 26 16:17:21 2013
    Re: revolution on nbc is back
    By: cogniben77 to All on Mon Mar 25 2013 04:46 pm

any fans still out there for the tv series revolution? i for
    one thought this series was finished or wasn't coming back to television. boy was i wrong, and now that tv show is on tonight with a new season and new episodes. if anyone else watches this show please feel free to talk

I hadn't noticed it had resumed, thanks for pointing this out. I agree, it's been an excellent show. I'll be checking it out!

---
    Synchronet Southeast Texas Chat
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to cogniben77 on Wed Mar 27 16:58:41 2013
    By: cogniben77 to All on Mon Mar 25 2013 04:46 pm

any fans still out there for the tv series revolution? i for one thought this series was finished or wasn't coming back to television.

These long hiatuses are killing shows that require thought. Caprica wallowed around during season 1.0 while they looked for a direction. Season 1.5 came so late that most people forgot about it and they had to re-invent all of the hype.

---
    Synchronet realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Poindexter Fortran on Thu Mar 28 01:19:31 2013
    By: Poindexter Fortran to cogniben77 on Wed Mar 27 2013 11:58 am

These long hiatuses are killing shows that require thought. Caprica
    wallowed around during season 1.0 while they looked for a direction. Season 1.5 came so late that most people forgot about it and they had to re-invent all of the hype.

i think what killed caprica is the poor story line and the poor utilization of really good actors.

---
    Synchronet ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Dreamer on Thu Mar 28 11:31:42 2013
    By: Dreamer to cogniben77 on Tue Mar 26 2013 11:17:21

any fans still out there for the tv series revolution? i for one thought this series was finished or wasn't coming back to television. boy was i wrong, and now that tv show is on tonight with a new season and new episodes. if anyone else watches this show please feel free to talk

I hadn't noticed it had resumed, thanks for pointing this out. I agree, it' been an excellent show. I'll be checking it out!

It's a shame that networks have been cancelling so many shows that have either been proven to kick ass or had serious potential to rawk. This conversation reminded me of Jericho, which I thought was a really awesome kind of post-apocalyptic (or near apocalyptic, at least for the USA) small scale rebuilding of society.
    Some other ones that I think fit into the category that shouldn't have been cancelled are the 4400, Deadwood, and Threshold. Such a shame. :(

-The opinions expressed are not necessarily an advocation of any of the aforementioned ideologies, concepts, or actions. We still have the freedom of speech, for now, and I enjoy using it in a satirical or ficticious manner to amuse myself.-

“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.”-- George Orwell

---
    Synchronet Tinfoil Tetrahedron : telnet bismaninfo.hopto.org 8023 : http:8080
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Khelair on Fri Mar 29 16:08:00 2013
    Khelair wrote to Dreamer <=-

It's a shame that networks have been cancelling so many shows that have either been proven to kick ass or had serious potential to rawk.
    This conversation reminded me of Jericho, which I thought was a really awesome kind of post-apocalyptic (or near apocalyptic, at least for the USA) small scale rebuilding of society.

I never got around to watching Jericho when it was on the air, but
    got bored one day and noticed it on Hulu or someplace. It definitely
    was kickass.

Some other ones that I think fit into the category that shouldn't
    have been cancelled are the 4400, Deadwood, and Threshold. Such a
    shame. :(

Yep, 4400 was a unique idea I wish had gotten explored further. I
    don't think I've seen Deadwood or Threshold. I'm making a note now to
    watch 'em this weekend. :)

btw, Revolution was a real shocker for me this week. I did NOT see
    that coming.

-The opinions expressed are not necessarily an advocation of any of the aforementioned ideologies, concepts, or actions. We still have the freedom of speech, for now, and I enjoy using it in a satirical or ficticious manner to amuse myself.-

“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a
    revolutionary act.”-- George Orwell

---
    Synchronet Tinfoil Tetrahedron : telnet bismaninfo.hopto.org 8023
    : http:8080

--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
    Synchronet Southeast Texas Chat
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to Dreamer on Sat Mar 30 00:32:06 2013
    By: Dreamer to Khelair on Fri Mar 29 2013 11:08 am

was kickass.

I'm watching it now. Looking forward to season 2, it apparently picks up a little bit.

I forgot about the 4400, will need to see if it's on Netflix.

---
    Synchronet realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Poindexter Fortran on Sat Mar 30 14:00:12 2013
    By: Poindexter Fortran to Dreamer on Fri Mar 29 2013 07:32 pm

I forgot about the 4400, will need to see if it's on Netflix.

the 4400 was a good show. wish they would have touched on a few other topics
    a bit more.

some people said it ended abruptly but i dont agree with that.
    i think if they continued on it would have just dragged it out like other shows.

---
    Synchronet ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Dreamer on Sun Mar 31 11:09:34 2013
    By: Dreamer to Khelair on Fri Mar 29 2013 11:08:00

was kickass.

Some other ones that I think fit into the category that shouldn't have been cancelled are the 4400, Deadwood, and Threshold. Such a shame. :(

Yep, 4400 was a unique idea I wish had gotten explored further. I
    don't think I've seen Deadwood or Threshold. I'm making a note now to
    watch 'em this weekend. :)

btw, Revolution was a real shocker for me this week. I did NOT see
    that coming.

Yeah, like I said I just can't believe some of the ones that they just nonchalantly wipe off the air these days.
    Deadwood was a real blast even though it's not the type of show that I normally watch. I think I've watched the entire series like 3 times over the years since it's been cancelled. Absolutely hillarious, especially Calamity Jane and Al Swearengen's characters.
    Threshold was probably the best sci-fi/almost horror series that I've seen in at least a decade. When I found out that they never even made another season of it I was very angry. That's probably my highest recommendation
    on the list if you haven't seen it yet and like sci-fi with a pretty creepy twist.
    I'll have to check out Revolution. It's going on my list right now. :)

“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.”-- George Orwell

---
  • From Mark Hofmann@VERT/TCP to Khelair on Mon Apr 8 15:35:27 2013
    It's a shame that networks have been cancelling so many shows that
    have
    either been proven to kick ass or had serious potential to rawk. This conversation reminded me of Jericho, which I thought was a really awesome kind
    of post-apocalyptic (or near apocalyptic, at least for the USA) small
    scale

It seems that MSNBC and CBS are the most notorious for cancelling good shows very early. There are so many reality shows in which they can make money and not need much of a budget, they decide to ditch the more expensive shows.

I guess more people want to watch mindless drivel than watch shows that require
    thought. Afterall, Jerry Springer did very well in that area.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
    * Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (33:1/3.0)
    Synchronet curmudge.hopto.org
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Mark Hofmann on Tue Apr 9 21:08:29 2013
    Re: Re: revolution on nbc is back
    By: Mark Hofmann to Khelair on Mon Apr 08 2013 10:35:27

It seems that MSNBC and CBS are the most notorious for cancelling good shows very early. There are so many reality shows in which they can make money an not need much of a budget, they decide to ditch the more expensive shows.

I guess more people want to watch mindless drivel than watch shows that requ thought. Afterall, Jerry Springer did very well in that area.

God the reality shows produced for pennies on the hour taking over the networks because of the wookies that'll sit and watch that crap really make me sick. :P You're absolutely right on the Jerry Springer sentiment, though. If they can make the money and pay for very few special effects and salaries, they'll definitely do that instead of producing a quality product. :P

-The opinions expressed are not necessarily an advocation of any of the aforementioned ideologies, concepts, or actions. We still have the freedom of speech, for now, and I enjoy using it in a satirical or ficticious manner to amuse myself-

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a
    revolutionary act." -- George Orwell

---
  • From Mark Hofmann@VERT/TCP to Khelair on Tue Apr 30 19:56:08 2013
    God the reality shows produced for pennies on the hour taking over the networks because of the wookies that'll sit and watch that crap really
    make me
    sick. :P You're absolutely right on the Jerry Springer sentiment,
    though. If
    they can make the money and pay for very few special effects and salaries, they'll definitely do that instead of producing a quality product. :P

Even if a quality show has more viewers, the ratio of additional viewers to how
    much it costs effects the bottom line. This is the mainstream networks #1 concern.

They would rather have fewer viewers on a trashy inexpensive show than a great show that has way more viewers - but is very expensive to film.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
    * Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (33:1/3.0)
    Synchronet curmudge.hopto.org
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Mark Hofmann on Sun May 5 20:45:14 2013
    Re: Re: revolution on nbc is back
    By: Mark Hofmann to Khelair on Tue Apr 30 2013 14:56:08

Even if a quality show has more viewers, the ratio of additional viewers to much it costs effects the bottom line. This is the mainstream networks #1 concern.

They would rather have fewer viewers on a trashy inexpensive show than a gre show that has way more viewers - but is very expensive to film.

All I can say is thank god for the bits and pieces of the entertainment (and other) industries that don't always operate like that.

-The opinions expressed are not necessarily an advocation of any of the aforementioned ideologies, concepts, or actions. We still have the freedom of speech, for now, and I enjoy using it in a satirical or ficticious manner to amuse myself-

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a
    revolutionary act." -- George Orwell

---