• torchwood

From Gryphon@VERT/CYBERIA to Mro on Fri Apr 18 11:17:00 2014
    On 04-16-14, Mro said the following...

Re: Re: Netflix Pix?
    By: Android8675 to Mro on Wed Apr 16 2014 08:26 am

Even the new series is for younger audiences, that's why it comes on i early evening in the UK. The more I think about it, it feels like a tw show with all the companion angst that goes on.

Still enjoy it however.

i think the sara jane adventures were for kids, then dr who was pg /pg13 and torchwood was more adult. still pissed about what they did with the Us version of torchwood. they really crapped it up.

Torchwood is so very much NOT Doctor Who, that it's not funny. There's
    nothing kiddish about it. I haven't watched all the episodes, but I did
    catch some of the Miracle Day, and I agree, it's been too americanized.

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A38 (Linux)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | Cyberia.Darktech.Org | Kingwood, TX
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Gryphon on Sat Apr 19 09:57:08 2014
    Re: torchwood
    By: Gryphon to Mro on Fri Apr 18 2014 12:17 pm

Torchwood is so very much NOT Doctor Who, that it's not funny. There's nothing kiddish about it. I haven't watched all the episodes, but I did catch some of the Miracle Day, and I agree, it's been too americanized.

well, i liked the uk version of torchwood. if they would have copied doctor who's style it would have just ended up lame.

the torchwood miracle day episodes are like an entire different show but with some of the same actors.

i really did not like it, and i especially didnt like
    their handling of jack's sexuality. they focused on him being a homosexual when in fact they missed the point that he was the kind of guy who would get with anything, even a ball of tentacles or a plant.

uk torchwood is great stuff for the most part. it had the right combination of scifi and drama.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::