• Re: Podcast interview with Jason Scott about the history of BBSes and

From Jahmas@VERT/JAHMAS to Lith on Mon Nov 2 17:44:21 2015
    Re: Re: Podcast interview with Jason Scott about the history of BBSes and
    By: Lith to Jahmas on Sun Nov 01 2015 04:43 pm

Yeah, I read the VADV BBS wiki. Roland was a great software engineer. VBBS was logically planned out and it felt like everything was in the right place with the software. How the network functioned and the default system colors were spot on.

I ran VADV some years back with Steve's add-ons (same as my current domain) and hope one day he can get the source and convert the code to a modern language. Steve's programs are good as well. My old system ran 2-3 years, always on, with little problems running the software. Hope Roland is still doing well as well.

I am still running VADV. I remember when I was running WWIV and things just fell apart with the network. VADV was wonderful and Steve was trying to resurrect a network which was a combination of ACnet and AspectNet. at the time. Steve used an FTP server for message tossing which worked fairly well for the defunct VirtualNet. I believe that we had AT2K, Moonbase Alpha, Diamondmine Online and my board Mysteria Majicka all linked up. Then Douglas Conner managed to relay this with Eli Sandford and some WWIV folks. Basically BBS's were on the way out and yet DoveNet was the glue that was pulling Synch sysops together.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Alpha Centauri BBS - Cape Cod Massachusetts