• Tony Bennett Celebrates 90, Standard And Deluxe Edition CDs Pre-Order

From tbirdsradio@VERT/TBIRDS to All on Fri Nov 11 18:56:51 2016
    Tony Bennett Celebrates 90, Standard And Deluxe Edition CDs Set For Pre-Order On November 11; Available Worldwide December 16

COMPANION CD TO TONY'S NBC SPECIAL AIRING DECEMBER 20TH FEATURES PERFORMANCES BY LADY GAGA, STEVIE WONDER, ELTON JOHN, MICHAEL BUBL, TONY BENNETT AND MANY MORE

DELUXE EDITION 3CD SET FEATURES RARITIES AND PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BENNETT TRACKS - EXCLUSIVE TO AMAZON

NEW YORK, Nov. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Tony Bennett celebrated his 90th birthday in August and this milestone occasion continues with the RPM Records / Columbia Records release of Tony Bennett Celebrates 90 set for pre-order on November 11th and worldwide release on December 16. TONY BENNETT CELEBRATES 90 will be released as a Standard and Deluxe Edition. The standard CD is a companion to the forthcoming NBC prime-time special, "Tony Bennett Celebrates 90: The Best Is Yet To Come," which airs on December 20th at 9pm ET/9pm PT. The special was filmed in front of a live audience at Radio City Music Hall on September 15th and features performances by Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, Michael Bubl, Andrea Bocelli, Kevin Spacey, Tony Bennett and many others. Additionally, performances by Billy Joel and Elton John were taped at alternate locations and will appear in the broadcast and on the CD. The CD also includes an extended 28-page booklet featuring appreciation essays contributed by President Bill Clinton, Martin Scorsese, Harry Belafonte, Johnny Mandel, Bill Charlap and Everett Raymond Kinstler. All pre-orders will include an instant grat track of Tony's recording of "I Got Rhythm" from the CD.

"Tony Bennett Celebrates 90: The Deluxe Edition" is a 3 CD set that is an Amazon exclusive, which includes the standard CD as well as two additional CDs featuring rare and previously unreleased studio and live performance tracks of Tony's throughout his career. The set also includes a 28-page booklet with a comprehensive decade-by-decade account of Tony's life and career written by Will Friedwald.

Pre-order links:
    iTunes: http://smarturl.it/Tony90iT
    Amazon: http://smarturl.it/Tony90

In addition to the new CDs and NBC special, Tony's fifth book, JUST GETTING STARTED, will be released on November 15th. Bennett collaborates with renowned journalist Scott Simon to celebrate the people and places who have helped, influenced and steered him along the way, among them his parents, Frank Sinatra, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Lady Gaga, Pablo Picasso, the city of San Francisco, among others. JUST GETTING STARTED also features over 80 color images of Tony's original artwork and is being released by HarperCollins.

Tony Bennett will also be performing in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which also celebrates its 90th Birthday this year and "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" both airing on NBC on November 24 and 30th, respectively.

TRACK LISTING FOR TONY BENNETT CELEBRATES 90: (STANDARD)
    1. THE LADY IS A TRAMP/Lady Gaga
    2. THE GOOD LIFE /Michael Bubl
    3. AVE MARIA/Andrea Bocelli
    4. AUTUMN LEAVES /Leslie Odom Jr.
    5. I'VE GOT THE WORLD ON A STRING /Diana Krall
    6. NEW YORK STATE OF MIND/Tony Bennett and Billy Joel
    7. I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE /Rufus Wainwright
    8. A KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON/k.d. lang
    9. VISIONS /Stevie Wonder
    10. LA VIE EN ROSE /Lady Gaga
    11. CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT/Elton John
    12. THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU / IF I RULED THE WORLD MEDLEY/Kevin Spacey
    13. WHO CARES?/Tony Bennett
    14. THE BEST IS YET TO COME/Tony Bennett
    15. I LEFT MY HEART IN SAN FRANCISCO/Tony Bennett
    16. I GOT RHYTHM/Tony Bennett
    17. HOW DO YOU KEEP THE MUSIC PLAYING?/Tony Bennett
    18. HAPPY BIRTHDAY/Stevie Wonder

TRACK LISTING FOR TONY BENNETT CELEBRATES 90: THE DELUXE EDITION
    CD1
    Same as Standard CD listing above
    CD2
    1. FASCINATIN' RHYTHM
    Vocal by Joe Bari (Tony Bennett)
    2. ST. JAMES INFIRMARY BLUES
    Vocal by Joe Bari (Tony Bennett)/The 314th Army Special Services Band Of the European Theatre
    3. VIENI QUI (COME TO ME) Joe Bari (Tony Bennett) with Pat Easton
    4. WE MUSTN'T SAY GOODBYE *
    5. CLOSE YOUR EYES with The Pastels
    6. A BLOSSOM FELL
    7. SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE
    8. WHATEVER LOLA WANTS
    9. HEART
    10. IMAGINATION* with Ralph Sharon, piano
    11. IT'S A SIN TO TELL A LIE *
    12. THE HEART THAT BROKE WAS MINE *
    13. VANITY *
    14. YOU CAN'T LOVE 'EM ALL
    15. DAY DREAM with Herbie Hancock, piano; Stan Getz, tenor sax; Ron Carter, bass; Elvin Jones, drums, Bob Brookmeyer, trombone
    16. I'VE WAITED FOR A WALTZ*
    17. GOT THE GATE ON THE GOLDEN GATE *
    18. THIS IS ALL I ASK * with John Bunch, piano
    19. (I'VE GOT) BEGINNER'S LUCK * with The Ralph Sharon Trio
    20. LOVE YOU MADLY *
    (*denotes previously unreleased track)

CD 3
    1. THE LADY'S IN LOVE WITH YOU
    2. GEORGIA ROSE
    3. LIMEHOUSE BLUES
    4. I'VE GOT JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING I NEED
    5. DON'T WAIT TOO LONG
    6. PENNIES FROM HEAVEN
    7. BLUE MOON
    8. FROM THIS MOMENT ON
    9. DON'T GET AROUND MUCH ANYMORE
    10. COUNTRY GIRL
    11. BROADWAY
    12. DAYS OF LOVE
    13. I'M WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME
    14. QUIET NIGHTS OF QUIET STARS
    15. FIREFLY
    16. ONCE UPON A TIME
    17. CHICAGO (THAT TODDLIN' TOWN)
    18. LULLABY OF BROADWAY

SOURCE RPM Records/Columbia Records
    *For html version w/graphics & links, visit www.tbirdsradio.com.
    TBird's Radio Network - Great Music, Great Radio! - www.tbirdsradio.com

---
    Synchronet TBIRDS BBS telnet://tbirds.kicks-ass.net