• Terminator 2 3D, and 3D TVs

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to All on Tue Aug 29 16:41:12 2017
    Terminator 2 has been given the 3D conversion treatment and was released in theaters on August 25th. Terminator 2 is my favorite movie in the series, but unfortunately, the 3D release was only to AMC theaters, and there are no AMC theaters in my area. So, I was looking forward to a 3D blu-ray release, but unfortunately again, it seems they won't be releasing the 3D blu-ray in the US. I could buy one from Amazon's UK site, but it looks like that will be a region 2 disc, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to play it. I'd have to check to see if my player is region-free (I've seen some players that can be put into a region-free or multi-region setting by entering a special code on the remote control).

From what I've read online, it seems TV makers aren't making 3D TVs anymore (at least, not for sale in the US). I'm very surprised, because it seems like all movies are getting the 3D treatment these days.. When I look at movie theater listings, it seems most movies are being shown in 2D and 3D, and I've also noticed many movies for sale on blu-ray are available in 3D. But now they seem to think the 3D home market is dead in the US? I don't get it. I think it's pretty cool to be able to watch 3D movies at home.. I've heard some rumors that there is some conspiracy by the movie studios to push 4K over 3D. I think both are good formats, but I could see why they might not want to spend the extra money to record in 3D or do a 2D-3D conversion.

I've heard there were a lot of 3D movies made in the 1950s. I suppose there's a reason they stopped making 3D movies, and perhaps the current 3D trend is just a fad and they'll stop making 3D movies once again..

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com