• New Terminator movie coming out

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to All on Fri Aug 30 17:49:23 2019
    There's a new Terminator movie coming out (and I've heard it will be released November 1st):
    https://youtu.be/rVy1BPd4A0I

I heard James Cameron is back for this one as the director, and that they're making it as a sequel to Terminator 2, ignoring the later movies. Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are back for this one too.

I'm interested in seeing it. Terminator 2 was my favorite Terminator movie, but I also thought "Terminator Salvation" was good. I thought Genisys was interesting but was also a bit disappointing. The end of Genisys was left open for a sequel, but I guess Genisys didn't do very well in theaters.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Arelor@VERT to Nightfox on Fri Aug 30 19:07:14 2019
    Re: New Terminator movie coming out
    By: Nightfox to All on Fri Aug 30 2019 12:49 pm

There's a new Terminator movie coming out (and I've heard it will be released November 1st):

Oh, for the love of Arelor, lord of rage and revenge, why won't they stop making remakes, sequels, prequels, reboots and retcons?

I suppose the lord of rage and revenge, sitting on His golden throne, would answer: "Because They Sell Well, Pityful Mortal"

You know, the whole business of making a sequel to Terminator 2 that ignores every film that came after it sounds a lot like confessing they did a messy job with the latter films. I don't think they were "bad" (the ones I watched, at least) but I felt that they should have let the timeline stay as it was, instead of releasing "those".

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Arelor on Fri Aug 30 19:51:19 2019
    By: Arelor to Nightfox on Fri Aug 30 2019 02:07 pm

You know, the whole business of making a sequel to Terminator 2 that ignores every film that came after it sounds a lot like confessing they did a messy job with the latter films. I don't think they were "bad" (the ones I watched, at least) but I felt that they should have let the timeline stay as it was, instead of releasing "those".

I think part of the complication (or part of the excuse) was that the events of each movie changes the timeline. Nothing like a moving target to make continuity a bitch.

---
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Arelor on Fri Aug 30 20:15:15 2019
    By: Arelor to Nightfox on Fri Aug 30 2019 02:07 pm

I can understand why they might want to do this. I also agree they weren't really bad, but: Terminator 3 ignored the previous idea that you can change your fate, instead saying "judgment day was inevitable"; 4 (Salvation) was alright but I suppose I can see how it can be "meh" at the same time; and 5 (Genisys) had good potential but I think the execution was disappointing. Genesis was also a reboot..

I don't mind sequels, if they're good. I'd guess Terminator 2 was probably the most-liked Terminator movie, so I can see why they might want to make a sequel to Terminator 2 if they want to try to re-invigorate the franchise.

Nightfox

---
  • From HusTler@VERT/HAVENS to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 04:04:36 2019
    By: Nightfox to All on Fri Aug 30 2019 12:49 pm

making it as a sequel to Terminator 2, ignoring the later movies. Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are back for this one too.

Linda Hamilton?? I always thought she was hot. I felt she made the movie. They made a wise choice signing her on for the new movie. I'm sure it will do well with her in it. She's not a young women any more but I'll bet she's still kept her fabulous shape. Thanks for that piece of info. I'll be definitly be keeping an eye out for that one.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Havens BBS havens.synchro.net
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to HusTler on Sat Aug 31 16:38:08 2019
    By: HusTler to Nightfox on Fri Aug 30 2019 11:04 pm

Linda Hamilton?? I always thought she was hot. I felt she made the movie. They made a wise choice signing her on for the new movie. I'm sure it will do well with her in it. She's not a young women any more but I'll bet she's still kept her fabulous shape. Thanks for that piece of info. I'll be definitly be keeping an eye out for that one.

I thought she was good in the first 2 movies. It seems weird having an old-looking Terminator though (it was also a little weird in the last one, Genisys). It will be interesting to see how the new Terminator movie is.

Nightfox

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 19:34:44 2019
    By: Nightfox to HusTler on Sat Aug 31 2019 11:38 am

I thought she was good in the first 2 movies. It seems weird having an old-looking Terminator though (it was also a little weird in the last one, Genisys). It will be interesting to see how the new Terminator movie is.

the funny thing in genisys is they gave away the big reveal in the promotional material.

this NEW terminator movie was supposed to be out in july 2019

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Sat Aug 31 19:50:52 2019
    By: MRO to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 2019 02:34 pm

the funny thing in genisys is they gave away the big reveal in the promotional material.

Yeah, that was disappointing.

this NEW terminator movie was supposed to be out in july 2019

Ah well.. It seems it was only delayed a few months.

Nigthfox

---
  • From HusTler@VERT/HAVENS to Nightfox on Sun Sep 1 01:56:18 2019
    By: Nightfox to HusTler on Sat Aug 31 2019 11:38 am

Well it takes place in the future so apparently looking old will make sense. ;-)
    Terminator: Dark Fate is the upcoming sixth Terminator film, and it is a direct sequel to Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
    hTe film will be directed by Tim Miller, with James Cameron serving as producer,and will be released on November 1, 2019.

Synopsis:
    27 years after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a new, modified liquid metal Terminator (Gabriel Luna) is sent from the future by Skynet in order to terminate Dani Ramos (Natalia Reyes), a hybrid cyborg human (Mackenzie Davis), and her friends. Sarah Connor comes to their aid, as well as the original Terminator, for a fight for the future.

Sounds good to me. Linda still looks great! ;-)

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to HusTler on Sun Sep 1 01:04:34 2019
    By: HusTler to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 2019 08:56 pm

I thought she was good in the first 2 movies. It seems weird having
    an old-looking Terminator though (it was also a little weird in the
    last one, Genisys). It will be interesting to see how the new
    Terminator movie is.

Well it takes place in the future so apparently looking old will make sense. ;-)

The terminators are machines though.. I wouldn't expect them to look visibly older. But in Genisys, I think Arnold's terminator explained it that their skin is designed to look older over the years.

Terminator: Dark Fate is the upcoming sixth Terminator film,
    and it is a direct sequel to Terminator 2: Judgement Day. hTe film will be directed by Tim Miller, with James Cameron serving as producer,and will be released on November 1, 2019.

Synopsis:
    27 years after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a new, modified liquid metal Terminator (Gabriel Luna) is sent from the future by Skynet in order to terminate Dani Ramos (Natalia Reyes), a hybrid cyborg human (Mackenzie Davis), and her friends. Sarah Connor comes to their aid, as well as the original Terminator, for a fight for the future.

Sounds good to me. Linda still looks great! ;-)

Sounds like it should be interesting. Some movies have interesting ideas but end up being disappointing, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.. Hopefully it will be a good one though.

It will be interesting to see what they mean by "modified liquid metal Terminator", and it sounds like this one has a "hybrid cyborg human", similar to Terminator: Salvation..

Nightfox

---
  • From HusTler@VERT/HAVENS to Nightfox on Sun Sep 1 04:34:21 2019
    By: Nightfox to HusTler on Sat Aug 31 2019 08:04 pm

The terminators are machines though.. I wouldn't expect them to look visibly older. But in Genisys, I think Arnold's terminator explained it that their skin is designed to look older over the years.

I have to laugh at some of these "critics" the assumtions they make from a two minute trailer. I though Terminator 3 sucked and I blew off all following Terminator movies (No Linda). Seeing Linda back is the only reason I would pay to see it in the theaters. Because the trailer only has a 3 second clip of Arnold in it there are some questions about how much of him is in the movie. I really don't care how much he's in it. I'm seeing it for Linda Hamilton. That's my review. ;-)

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to HusTler on Sun Sep 1 03:16:27 2019
    By: HusTler to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 2019 11:34 pm

I have to laugh at some of these "critics" the assumtions they make from a two minute trailer. I though Terminator 3 sucked and I blew off all following Terminator movies (No Linda).

I thought Terminator 3 was still fairly entertaining and 4 was better than 3. Genisys was interesting, maybe better than 3 or 4, but still had a major disappointment, I thought.

Seeing Linda back is the only
    reason I would pay to see it in the theaters. Because the trailer only has a 3 second clip of Arnold in it there are some questions about how much of him is in the movie. I really don't care how much he's in it. I'm seeing it for Linda Hamilton. That's my review. ;-)

Arnold's 3-second clip in the trailer might just be a teaser. I'd guess he'll be in the movie longer than that.

Nightfox

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Sun Sep 1 05:15:55 2019
    By: Nightfox to HusTler on Sat Aug 31 2019 08:04 pm

The terminators are machines though.. I wouldn't expect them to look visibl older. But in Genisys, I think Arnold's terminator explained it that their

his version of terminator had human flesh over metal. the transporter could only send flesh, no weapons,etc. so this was the way they were able trick it so they could send the terminator though.

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to HUSTLER on Sun Sep 1 14:54:00 2019
    Synopsis:
    27 years after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a new, modified liquid
    metal Terminator (Gabriel Luna) is sent from the future by Skynet in order to t
    rminate Dani Ramos (Natalia Reyes), a hybrid cyborg human (Mackenzie Davis), an
    her friends. Sarah Connor comes to their aid, as well as the original Terminat
    r, for a fight for the future.

But didn't they melt the original Terminator (Arnold's character) at the
    end of T2?

---
    þ SLMR 2.1a þ Who is John Galt?
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Sun Sep 1 16:53:50 2019
    By: MRO to Nightfox on Sun Sep 01 2019 12:15 am

The terminators are machines though.. I wouldn't expect them to look
    visibl older. But in Genisys, I think Arnold's terminator explained
    it that their

his version of terminator had human flesh over metal. the transporter could only send flesh, no weapons,etc. so this was the way they were able trick it so they could send the terminator though.

Yeah.. From what I remember, something sent thorugh the time machine had to be "covered in flesh", which I thought was one of the weird things about the Terminator movies. Terminators like Arnold's style were made of metal and such, like weapons - Why not cover the weapons in flesh? And the T-1000 liquid metal terminator didn't have any flesh, so how did the T-1000 go through the time machine?

Nightfox

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Dumas Walker on Sun Sep 1 18:41:09 2019
    Re: New Terminator movie comi
    By: Dumas Walker to HUSTLER on Sun Sep 01 2019 09:54 am

But didn't they melt the original Terminator (Arnold's character) at the end of T2?

Yes, they did. And that was a different Terminator than the one sent back in the first Terminator (which was destroyed in a hydraulic press). And the Arnold Terminator that was sent back in Terminator 3 was yet a different Terminator. Those of his model are all made to look alike.

Nightfox

---
  • From Rampage@VERT/SESTAR to Nightfox on Sun Sep 1 22:01:39 2019
    By: Nightfox to MRO on Sun Sep 01 2019 11:53:50

Yeah.. From what I remember, something sent thorugh the time machine had to be "covered in flesh", which I thought was one of the weird things about the Terminator movies. Terminators like Arnold's style were made of
    metal and such, like weapons - Why not cover the weapons in flesh?

arnold's terminator was flesh covered and didn't take any weapons through the timegate with it... all the weapons it had came from the current time period from a gun store it visited...

And the T-1000 liquid metal terminator didn't have any flesh, so how did the T-1000 go through the time machine?

they advanced their capabilities? i'll have to go watch again but something is also telling me they went through with flesh and then converted to mimic humans once the transfer was complete... i'm thinking of the first appearance of Kristanna Loken playing the terminator when she walked up to the red convertible and took that woman's appearance and car...

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Rampage on Sun Sep 1 19:28:41 2019
    By: Rampage to Nightfox on Sun Sep 01 2019 05:01 pm

And the T-1000 liquid metal terminator didn't have any flesh, so how
    did the T-1000 go through the time machine?

they advanced their capabilities? i'll have to go watch again but something is also telling me they went through with flesh and then converted to mimic humans once the transfer was complete... i'm thinking of the first appearance of Kristanna Loken playing the terminator when she walked up to the red convertible and took that woman's appearance and car...

From what I recall, they never showed the liquid metal terminators going back in time with skin on them. In Terminator 2, they showed the T-1000 starting to appear but I don't think they showed it actaully appearing, and then we heard the police officer being killed off-camera, and the T-1000 mimiced the appearance of the police officer. I suppose the T-1000 could have had skin on it, but that wasn't shown.

And for Kristana Loken's Terminator, I don't think she had skin either..

Nightfox

---
  • From Rampage@VERT/SESTAR to Nightfox on Sun Sep 1 23:47:58 2019
    By: Nightfox to Rampage on Sun Sep 01 2019 14:28:41

And for Kristana Loken's Terminator, I don't think she had skin either..

she did... and the whole transport mechanism is different as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQOkVs-izXU

plus the car was silver instead of red... i don't know why i was thinking red but oh well ;)

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Mon Sep 2 02:07:58 2019
    By: Dumas Walker to HUSTLER on Sun Sep 01 2019 09:54 am

Synopsis:
    27 years after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a new, modified liquid
    metal Terminator (Gabriel Luna) is sent from the future by Skynet in order t
    rminate Dani Ramos (Natalia Reyes), a hybrid cyborg human (Mackenzie Davis) an
    her friends. Sarah Connor comes to their aid, as well as the original Terminat
    r, for a fight for the future.

end of T2?
    end of T2?

good point. i am losing track of whats gone on. also the terminator movies are shitty. i tried to watch the first one last night and it was total crap. t2 was decent.

also they are saying these other movies are alternate timelines

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Mon Sep 2 02:10:47 2019
    By: Nightfox to MRO on Sun Sep 01 2019 11:53 am

Yeah.. From what I remember, something sent thorugh the time machine had to "covered in flesh", which I thought was one of the weird things about the Terminator movies. Terminators like Arnold's style were made of metal and such, like weapons - Why not cover the weapons in flesh? And the T-1000 liq metal terminator didn't have any flesh, so how did the T-1000 go through the time machine?

this guy said the following, and i recall something like it from someplace:

"In Terminator 2 there was a deleted scene that addressed how the T1000 was sent back. It was a scene in the future that showed the resistance reaching the time travel device, and seeing the evidence of the two Terminators being sent back. One was a regular pod for any humanoid, the other had remnants of a biological cocoon that the T1000 was enclosed in before being sent through. I can't find a citation for this, I thought the Terminator wikia had a description of this. - user1027 Feb 16 '12 at 16:28

"

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Mon Sep 2 01:17:57 2019
    By: MRO to Dumas Walker on Sun Sep 01 2019 09:07 pm

end of T2?

good point. i am losing track of whats gone on. also the terminator movies are shitty. i tried to watch the first one last night and it was total crap.
    t2 was decent.

T2 was the first Terminator movie I saw. Later I watched the first one, and it seemed like a cheesy 80s movie, but I thought it was good at the same time.

Also, about the Arnold terminator being melted at the end of T2, that was a different Terminator than in the first movie. The one in the first movie was also destroyed (via a hydraulic press). In the 3rd Terminator, the Arnold terminator was a different Terminator. That model of Terminator all looked the same.

Nightfox

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to NIGHTFOX on Mon Sep 2 00:44:00 2019
    Yes, they did. And that was a different Terminator than the one sent back in t
    e first Terminator (which was destroyed in a hydraulic press). And the Arnold >erminator that was sent back in Terminator 3 was yet a different Terminator. T
    ose of his model are all made to look alike.

I forgot that. :) Thanks. I have only seen the original and 2.

---
    þ SLMR 2.1a þ Visit Scenic Melnibon
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Arelor@VERT to Nightfox on Mon Sep 2 17:26:19 2019
    By: Nightfox to Dumas Walker on Sun Sep 01 2019 01:41 pm

Yes, they did. And that was a different Terminator than the one sent back in the first Terminator (which was destroyed in a hydraulic press). And the Arnold Terminator that was sent back in Terminator 3 was yet a different Terminator. Those of his model are all made to look alike.

Nightfox

You know, when you think about it, the fact a whole Terminator series is
    made in such a way that every droid looks like every other... well, it
    is very stupid.

I mean, the whole point of Terminators is that they can infiltrate human society and break havoc once they are in. If they all look alike they
    become easy to identity. You see Arnold and inmediately you think "damn,
    that is a Terminator over there!"

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Arelor on Mon Sep 2 18:26:21 2019
    By: Arelor to Nightfox on Mon Sep 02 2019 12:26 pm

You know, when you think about it, the fact a whole Terminator series is made in such a way that every droid looks like every other... well, it
    is very stupid.

I mean, the whole point of Terminators is that they can infiltrate human society and break havoc once they are in. If they all look alike they become easy to identity. You see Arnold and inmediately you think "damn, that is a Terminator over there!"

That's true.

Nightfox

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Rampage on Mon Sep 2 23:25:49 2019
    By: Rampage to Nightfox on Sun Sep 01 2019 05:01 pm

they advanced their capabilities? i'll have to go watch again but something also telling me they went through with flesh and then converted to mimic hum once the transfer was complete... i'm thinking of the first appearance of Kristanna Loken playing the terminator when she walked up to the red convertible and took that woman's appearance and car...

loken was in a big ball.

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Mon Sep 2 23:27:38 2019
    By: Nightfox to Arelor on Mon Sep 02 2019 01:26 pm

By: Arelor to Nightfox on Mon Sep 02 2019 12:26 pm

You know, when you think about it, the fact a whole Terminator series i made in such a way that every droid looks like every other... well, it is very stupid.

I mean, the whole point of Terminators is that they can infiltrate huma society and break havoc once they are in. If they all look alike they become easy to identity. You see Arnold and inmediately you think "damn that is a Terminator over there!"

i think those specific terminators were sent back to be assassins. i think in the future they would grab someone in the resistance and swap them out with a lookalike terminator

---
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to HusTler on Tue Sep 3 12:35:34 2019
    By: HusTler to Nightfox on Fri Aug 30 2019 11:04 pm

making it as a sequel to Terminator 2, ignoring the later movies.
    Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are back for this one too.

Linda Hamilton?? I always thought she was hot. I felt she made the movie.

Can concur, LH is a hottie, still. Even Mr. T-800 still looks like a muscular badass and how old are those two now? I didn't even mention JAMES CAMERON at the helm along with that Deadpool Director that did an amazing job bringing the Merc With The Mouth to the Silver Screen!

Holiday movies are shaping up to be awesome.
    --
    Android8675@ShodansCore

---
    þ Synchronet þ Shodan's Core @ ShodansCore.com
  • From Porosz@VERT/AMIGAC to MRO on Tue Sep 3 18:23:20 2019
    By: MRO to Rampage on Mon Sep 02 2019 18:25:49

loken was in a big ball.

Was that the name of the robot/guy looking for Jon Connor? (Ioken)
    => POROSZ <=

---
    þ Synchronet þ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 3,500+ files
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Android8675 on Tue Sep 3 21:39:00 2019
    By: Android8675 to HusTler on Tue Sep 03 2019 07:35 am

Can concur, LH is a hottie, still. Even Mr. T-800 still looks like a muscula badass and how old are those two now? I didn't even mention JAMES CAMERON at

man we got us some grannie lovers here.

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Porosz on Tue Sep 3 21:39:29 2019
    By: Porosz to MRO on Tue Sep 03 2019 01:23 pm

loken was in a big ball.

=> POROSZ <=

kristina loken is the actress.

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to MRO on Fri Sep 13 14:45:00 2019
    By: MRO to Porosz on Tue Sep 03 2019 04:39 pm

By: Porosz to MRO on Tue Sep 03 2019 01:23 pm

loken was in a big ball.

=> POROSZ <=

kristina loken is the actress.

Going back to the first film the time machine could only send back items that have "a field generated by a living being." It is possible the liquid metal could alter it's properties enough to match or mimic that organic field. Afte r T1 I wondered why the terminator didn't bring back a weapon stashed in his exoskeleton, or be sent back with a dog, or other large animal acting as a
    mule for carrying weapons back?

Regarding all terminator infiltrators looking alike, my gues is they are so successful, very few people survive to pass on what the infiltrators look
    like. They were fairly new, and had not been singled out by their
    appearance.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net