• RENDEL, or how to make a Batman copycat

From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to All on Wed Nov 11 23:13:58 2020
    Hello, Dovenetters.

I have a very important message to you.

If somebody invites you to watch Rendel: Dark Vengeance, you MUST kill that person straight, no questions asked, because he is an inhuman entity trying to make your brain ooze from your ears.

This _thing_, which tries to pass for a movie, tries to tell the story of a dark avenger that fights and evil corporation, Batman style. The problems with this film are the following:

* There is already a Batman. The dark hero who attacks from the shadows and strikes fear in the heart of their enemies by virtue of mystery and theatrical appearances has already been done better.

* There is a main plot and there is a flashblack plot, but the director manages to do it in such a way that it is hard to distinguish which is which at times.

* The director has a Gothic Metal kink. The heroe's sidekick is an expy of Tarja Turunen, I swear. That character was added just so the film was more gothic. She ads nothing else to the flim that show us how gothic the world is. Hell, I was fully expecting her tostart singing Century Child.

* The bad guys were so greatly stupid, suspension of disbelief is destroyed. Still, I liked the bad guys much more than the good ones. At least the bad guys had a goal and clear ideas.

For all these reasons, I recommend you call your political representatives and tell them this film should be outright banned.

Thanks for reading
    --
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Arelor on Thu Nov 12 09:47:00 2020
    Re: RENDEL, or how to make a
    By: Arelor to All on Wed Nov 11 2020 03:13 pm

Hello, Dovenetters.

If somebody invites you to watch Rendel: Dark Vengeance, you MUST kill that person straight, no questions asked, because he is an inhuman entity trying make your brain ooze from your ears.

This _thing_, which tries to pass for a movie, tries to tell the story of a dark avenger that fights and evil corporation, Batman style. The problems wi this film are the following:

* There is already a Batman. The dark hero who attacks from the shadows and strikes fear in the heart of their enemies by virtue of mystery and theatric appearances has already been done better.

* There is a main plot and there is a flashblack plot, but the director mana to do it in such a way that it is hard to distinguish which is which at time

* The director has a Gothic Metal kink. The heroe's sidekick is an expy of Tarja Turunen, I swear. That character was added just so the film was more gothic. She ads nothing else to the flim that show us how gothic the world i Hell, I was fully expecting her tostart singing Century Child.

* The bad guys were so greatly stupid, suspension of disbelief is destroyed. Still, I liked the bad guys much more than the good ones. At least the bad g had a goal and clear ideas.

For all these reasons, I recommend you call your political representatives a tell them this film should be outright banned.

Thanks for reading
    --

Thanks to your review, I want to see this film out of pure curiosity :)

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Moondog on Thu Nov 12 11:41:48 2020
    Re: RENDEL, or how to make a
    By: Moondog to Arelor on Thu Nov 12 2020 01:47 am

For all these reasons, I recommend you call your political representative tell them this film should be outright banned.

Thanks for reading
    --

It is all part of my plan to get people to watch the film, so people is brainwashed through the microwaves emitted by the screen into thinking I am the king of the world.
    --

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Arelor on Thu Nov 12 14:59:00 2020
    Arelor wrote to All <=-

If somebody invites you to watch Rendel: Dark Vengeance, you MUST kill that person straight, no questions asked, because he is an inhuman
    entity trying to make your brain ooze from your ears.

Now, I want to see a "death metal movie reviews" channel on YouTube.
    I've never heard of a film that tries to slay your mind.

... Abandon normal instruments
    --- MultiMail/XT v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Moondog on Thu Nov 12 15:00:00 2020
    Moondog wrote to Arelor <=-

His reverse psychology mental kung FU won't work on me -- I'm going
    to watch it TWICE!

... Always the first steps
    --- MultiMail/XT v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Vlk-451@VERT/INREALM to Arelor on Sun Nov 29 08:28:53 2020
    Re: RENDEL, or how to make a Batman copycat
    By: Arelor to All on Wed Nov 11 2020 03:13 pm

Hello, Dovenetters.
    Hello Arelor.

Likely Story.

(In Summary: A Questionably Coherent Review of a Reportedly Mediocre Movie)
    I dono man. It doesn't sound THAT bad.

For all these reasons, I recommend you call your political representatives and tell them this film should be outright banned.
    Politicians represent their constituents? Since when?

Thanks for reading
    I want you to pay my long distance and data call charges for the time it took me to load and read your post on my 300 baud modem.
    þ Crystal Palace, Orbitsville þ ------------------------------------------------
    þ Posted via InnerRealmBBS þ innerrealmbbs.us

---
    þ Synchronet þ Inner Realm BBS - Charlotte, NC - innerrealmbbs.us