• Turkish Barbershops

From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to ANDEDDU on Tue Nov 17 00:45:00 2020
    Salons seem to crop up wherever I look. We have many Turkish barber shops in our country though. I think there's around 3-4 where I live along with one native English barber shop.

OK, I'll bite. What is the difference between a Turkish and an English
    barber shop?

* SLMR 2.1a * "Bother," said Pooh, as he bounced off the Starfury.

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to ANDEDDU on Tue Nov 17 00:47:00 2020
    I don't know... can pets get the coronavirus now? It's a ridiculous ask which will just result in fewer customers.

Apparently cats can. A member of another network mentioned that, after he
    had a mild case, his cat started showing signs. The vet told him not to
    bring the cat in because they would not treat the animal. Since they
    didn't tell him don't bring it in because cats cannot get covid, I guess
    they can?

* SLMR 2.1a * LSD: Virtual Reality without all the fancy hardware

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD to Dumas Walker on Tue Nov 17 19:31:32 2020
    Re: Turkish Barbershops
    By: Dumas Walker to ANDEDDU on Mon Nov 16 2020 04:45 pm

Salons seem to crop up wherever I look. We have many Turkish barber shops in our country though. I think there's around 3-4 where I live along with one native English barber shop.

OK, I'll bite. What is the difference between a Turkish and an English barber shop?

They're Turkish barbers, as in natively Turkish. The Turks are big here when it comes to opening up barber shops. I reckon there are more of them here than native English barbers. They generally offer cheaper prices and are skilled at modern haircuts - fades, lines and designs, etc...

---
    þ Synchronet þ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!
  • From Andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD to Dumas Walker on Tue Nov 17 19:36:45 2020
    Re: Pets and COVID
    By: Dumas Walker to ANDEDDU on Mon Nov 16 2020 04:47 pm

Apparently cats can. A member of another network mentioned that, after he had a mild case, his cat started showing signs. The vet told him not to bring the cat in because they would not treat the animal. Since they
    didn't tell him don't bring it in because cats cannot get covid, I guess they can?

I can imagine owners making their pets self-isolate for 14 days because they've got COVID symptoms. I don't know what the cross infection rate is between human diseases and animals, but I am sure it's possible. The issue is if the strain changes after passing through an animal and is still infectious to humans.

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Andeddu on Tue Nov 17 16:17:41 2020
    By: Andeddu to Dumas Walker on Tue Nov 17 2020 11:36 am

I can imagine owners making their pets self-isolate for 14 days because they've got COVID symptoms. I don't know what the cross infection rate is between human diseases and animals, but I am sure it's possible. The issue is if the strain changes after passing through an animal and is still infectious to humans.

Can you really expect pets to self-isolate? They don't know anything about pandemics or what's going on. You aren't going to stop pets from walking up close to people and doing what they do.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD to Nightfox on Thu Nov 19 09:58:40 2020
    By: Nightfox to Andeddu on Tue Nov 17 2020 08:17 am

Can you really expect pets to self-isolate? They don't know anything about pandemics or what's going on. You aren't going to stop pets from walking up close to people and doing what they do.

No, I wouldn't want that. Some owners are thick though and rather than go for a walk they'd just let their dog defecate in the garden or something, any excuse to be lazy.

---