• Star Wars

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Andeddu on Wed Feb 23 19:03:54 2022
    Re: TBOBF
    By: Andeddu to MRO on Wed Feb 23 2022 05:29 pm

I quite like the remastered versions of the OT because they were carried out tastefully. Continuity issues such as Jabba the Hut being a human being in Episode IV were also fixed.

I don't remember Jabba the Hut ever appaering as human.. When did that happen?

I've also wondered if the 'humans' in Star Wars were really supposed to be human. If it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far away, what are the chances they'd be human? But there's a scene in Empire Strikes Back where C-3PO refers to Luke Skylwalker (I think) as a human.. I wondered what the story was about how humans came from that galaxy to our galaxy.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD to Nightfox on Thu Feb 24 22:57:13 2022
    Re: Star Wars
    By: Nightfox to Andeddu on Wed Feb 23 2022 01:03 pm

I've also wondered if the 'humans' in Star Wars were really supposed to be human. If it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far away, what are the chances they'd be human? But there's a scene in Empire Strikes Back where C-3PO refers to Luke Skylwalker (I think) as a human.. I wondered what the story was about how humans came from that galaxy to our galaxy.

Nightfox

I have a recollection of watching the original 1977 movie and seeing a man portraying Jabba in the hanger scene with Han Solo. The scene was definitely updated with CGI in the 1997 re-release which I watched in the cinema.

Earth, to my knowledge, is not a place that's noted in the galaxy maps in the Star Wars universe... I've always thought of it as an alternate universe or something rather than one parallel to ours.

---
    þ Synchronet þ BBS for Amstrad computer users including CPC, PPC and PCW!
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Andeddu on Thu Feb 24 19:10:41 2022
    By: Andeddu to Nightfox on Thu Feb 24 2022 04:57 pm

I don't remember Jabba the Hut ever appaering as human.. When did
    that happen?

I have a recollection of watching the original 1977 movie and seeing a man portraying Jabba in the hanger scene with Han Solo. The scene was definitely updated with CGI in the 1997 re-release which I watched in the cinema.

I had first seen the original movie long ago on TV when I was young, so it's been a while. I don't remember seeing that. Interesting.

I've also wondered if the 'humans' in Star Wars were really supposed
    to be human. If it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far away,
    what are the chances they'd be human? But there's a scene in Empire

Earth, to my knowledge, is not a place that's noted in the galaxy maps in the Star Wars universe... I've always thought of it as an alternate universe or something rather than one parallel to ours.

Star Wars wouldn't need to take place in a parallel universe (I've never actually thought of that). Star Wars takes place in a different galaxy, so naturally, Earth wouldn't be on the galaxy maps. If they really are meant to be human, I was thinking that perhaps a group of humans in the Star Wars universe had possibly traveled to Earth and settled here.

Nightfox

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Nightfox on Thu Feb 24 18:12:00 2022

Re: TBOBF
    By: Andeddu to MRO on Wed Feb 23 2022 05:29 pm

I quite like the remastered versions of the OT because they were carrie out tastefully. Continuity issues such as Jabba the Hut being a human being in Episode IV were also fixed.

I don't remember Jabba the Hut ever appaering as human.. When did that happ

I've also wondered if the 'humans' in Star Wars were really supposed to be h lker (I think) as a human.. I wondered what the story was about how humans

Nightfox

When ANH was filmed, there is a scene that is filmed where Jabba is waiting o utside of Han's ship asking for his money. This was filmed with a human
    actor playing Jabba as originally planned. This was cut from the original release, then put back in the digitally enhanced re-releases, except the
    CGI version of Jabba is overlayed on the actor. They also had to edit when Ha n walks behind Jabba so it appears he steps on his tail rather than walk through the spot his tail should be.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Moondog on Thu Feb 24 20:37:48 2022
    By: Moondog to Nightfox on Thu Feb 24 2022 12:12 pm

When ANH was filmed, there is a scene that is filmed where Jabba is waiting o utside of Han's ship asking for his money. This was filmed with a human actor playing Jabba as originally planned. This was cut from the original release, then put back in the digitally enhanced re-releases, except the CGI version of Jabba is overlayed on the actor. They also had to edit when Ha n walks behind Jabba so it appears he steps on his tail rather than walk through the spot his tail should be.

Ah, I remember hearing about that, and I remember seeing that scene with the CGI Jabba when the edited versions were released. Somehow I thought someone was saying there was a released version that didn't have the CGI Jabba, showing Jabba as a human.

Nightfox

---
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Nightfox on Thu Feb 24 22:42:58 2022
    By: Nightfox to Andeddu on Thu Feb 24 2022 01:10 pm

I have a recollection of watching the original 1977 movie and seeing a portraying Jabba in the hanger scene with Han Solo. The scene was definitely updated with CGI in the 1997 re-release which I watched in t cinema.

I had first seen the original movie long ago on TV when I was young, so it's been a while. I don't remember seeing that. Interesting.

More information here:

https://dirkdeklein.net/2018/02/17/that-time-jabba-the-hut-was-jabba-the-human/

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Andeddu on Fri Feb 25 02:48:14 2022

i think the deal is they had a human actor to play jabba but it was cut out. you may have seen another movie with this deleted scene removed.
    or it's a mandella effect thing.

they cgi'd in a little jaba in the 90s which i found shitty.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Fri Feb 25 02:51:48 2022

that happen?

https://i.imgur.com/E9vqs4B.png

Star Wars wouldn't need to take place in a parallel universe (I've never actually thought of that). Star Wars takes place in a different galaxy, so

when i was a kid i thought that starwars was before our time.
    sort of like what they did with battlestar galactica when it was reimagined.

my brilliance was even showing at that young age.

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Arelor on Fri Feb 25 03:00:04 2022
    By: Arelor to Nightfox on Thu Feb 24 2022 04:42 pm

More information here:

https://dirkdeklein.net/2018/02/17/that-time-jabba-the-hut-was-jabba-the-hum an/

and really lucas changed his mind so much. this guy could have just been a stand in because lucas was hoping to use a puppet.
    it probably wasnt in the budget.

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Andeddu on Sat Feb 26 01:41:00 2022

I've also wondered if the 'humans' in Star Wars were really supposed to b human. If it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far away, what are chances they'd be human? But there's a scene in Empire Strikes Back wher C-3PO refers to Luke Skylwalker (I think) as a human.. I wondered what t story was about how humans came from that galaxy to our galaxy.

Nightfox

Earth, to my knowledge, is not a place that's noted in the galaxy maps in th Star Wars universe... I've always thought of it as an alternate universe or something rather than one parallel to ours.

I forgot what it is called, but there is a phenomenon where people whave seen the outtake material at a leter time, but recall seeing it in the theatres. Since it was cut and abandoned, there was no possible way for it to have been released. A similar experiment was conducted where a group of people sat
    down as individuals and watched a staged even that was intended to look like security camera footage. There were several smaller story arcs going on with people in the parking lot, but the main event was an incident beween two drive rs fighting over a parking spot. The video is the constant or control, and the variable was ringer in the bunch that was seeding fake inofrmation or changing arounf vehicle colors or orders of the events. when interviewed alone, each person was asked what they saw, and some of them claimed they saw or noticed the smaller details the ringer introduced tot he story. When
    given a chance to view the video again, they would claim the video was edited.

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Nightfox on Sat Feb 26 01:54:00 2022

that happen?

I have a recollection of watching the original 1977 movie and seeing a portraying Jabba in the hanger scene with Han Solo. The scene was definitely updated with CGI in the 1997 re-release which I watched in t cinema.

I had first seen the original movie long ago on TV when I was young, so it's

Earth, to my knowledge, is not a place that's noted in the galaxy maps the Star Wars universe... I've always thought of it as an alternate universe or something rather than one parallel to ours.

Star Wars wouldn't need to take place in a parallel universe (I've never act at perhaps a group of humans in the Star Wars universe had possibly traveled

Nightfox

Battlestar Galactica, the 1978 series especially took the more direct
    approach to the Chariot of the Gods concept mixed with Mormonism to imply humans on Earth were the space equivalent of the 13th tribe of Israelites
    that crossed the ocean rather than follow Moses. That may be where some of
    us older folk may think there was a relationship between Star Wars and
    humans of Earth.

Glenn Larsen floated the idea of a BSG prequel that takes place during the Exodus from Kobol dealing primarily with the colony ship named Atlantia. It crashes in the ocean or a small island, and becomes the basis of a colony
    named Atlantis.

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Nightfox on Sat Feb 26 02:01:00 2022
    By: Nightfox to Moondog on Thu Feb 24 2022 02:37 pm

By: Moondog to Nightfox on Thu Feb 24 2022 12:12 pm

When ANH was filmed, there is a scene that is filmed where Jabba is waiting o utside of Han's ship asking for his money. This was filmed wi a human actor playing Jabba as originally planned. This was cut from th original release, then put back in the digitally enhanced re-releases, except the CGI version of Jabba is overlayed on the actor. They also ha to edit when Ha n walks behind Jabba so it appears he steps on his tail rather than walk through the spot his tail should be.

Ah, I remember hearing about that, and I remember seeing that scene with the

Nightfox

Behind the scene footage was released on TV specials over the years and on
    box sets and the internet. Another scene that has become popular is when Luke
    goes to Tosche station and learns his buddy Biggs Darklighter had graduated Imperial Academy and is jumping a freighter to join the Rebellion. Two of Luke's friends, Cammy and Fixer are there and show up again in a scene on the Book of Boba Fett at Tosche station.

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Moondog on Sat Feb 26 02:45:06 2022
    By: Moondog to Andeddu on Fri Feb 25 2022 07:41 pm

I forgot what it is called, but there is a phenomenon where people whave seen the outtake material at a leter time, but recall seeing it in the theatres.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-mandela-effect-4589394
    --
    digital man (rob)

Synchronet "Real Fact" #72:
    Synchronet CIOXTRN (created by Deuce) is a 32-bit replacement for DOORWAY Norco, CA WX: 51.1øF, 42.0% humidity, 3 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD to Nightfox on Sat Feb 26 23:15:40 2022

Star Wars wouldn't need to take place in a parallel universe (I've never actually thought of that). Star Wars takes place in a different galaxy, so naturally, Earth wouldn't be on the galaxy maps. If they really are meant to be human, I was thinking that perhaps a group of humans in the Star Wars universe had possibly traveled to Earth and settled here.

Could be. I have looked into it a little now that you've mentioned it and there is no information as to whether these humans seeded Earth... obviously if it did happen it would have happened far beyond the Star Wars timeline and known lore.

---
  • From Andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD to Nightfox on Sat Feb 26 23:19:01 2022
    By: Nightfox to Moondog on Thu Feb 24 2022 02:37 pm

Ah, I remember hearing about that, and I remember seeing that scene with the CGI Jabba when the edited versions were released. Somehow I thought someone was saying there was a released version that didn't have the CGI Jabba, showing Jabba as a human.

I was saying that. I may have seen the outtake and conflated it with an old memory of the pre-1977 CGI enhanced version of Episode IV.

---
  • From Andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD to MRO on Sat Feb 26 23:25:02 2022
    By: MRO to Andeddu on Thu Feb 24 2022 08:48 pm

i think the deal is they had a human actor to play jabba but it was cut out. you may have seen another movie with this deleted scene removed.
    or it's a mandella effect thing.

they cgi'd in a little jaba in the 90s which i found shitty.

I must have saw the deleted scene and merged the memory with an early viewing of Episode IV. I guess Lucas must have created The Hutts after Episode IV was filmed to go back and delete that scene knowing that he'd later portray Jabba as a space slug.

---
  • From Andeddu@VERT/AMSTRAD to Moondog on Sat Feb 26 23:39:27 2022

I forgot what it is called, but there is a phenomenon where people whave seen the outtake material at a leter time, but recall seeing it in the theatres. Since it was cut and abandoned, there was no possible way for it to have been released. A similar experiment was conducted where a group of people sat
    down as individuals and watched a staged even that was intended to look like security camera footage. There were several smaller story arcs going on with people in the parking lot, but the main event was an incident beween two drive rs fighting over a parking spot. The video is the constant or control, and the variable was ringer in the bunch that was seeding fake inofrmation or changing arounf vehicle colors or orders of the events. when interviewed alone, each person was asked what they saw, and some of them claimed they saw or noticed the smaller details the ringer introduced tot he story. When
    given a chance to view the video again, they would claim the video was edited.

Must have something to do with the way in which the brain orders information and stores it as memory. I have seen several similar experiments including ridiculous scenarios where the viewer sees a video of a group of 6 or so people throwing a ball around and are asked to count how many times the ball is passed. During the clip a man in a gorilla suit walks straight thorugh them all in clear sight. When asked about this detail, only around 10% of viewers picked up on the gorilla and many believed the video was edited when it was replayed back to them.

---
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@VERT/REALITY to Andeddu on Fri Feb 25 13:22:00 2022
    Andeddu wrote to Nightfox <=-

I have a recollection of watching the original 1977 movie and seeing a
    man portraying Jabba in the hanger scene with Han Solo. The scene was definitely updated with CGI in the 1997 re-release which I watched in
    the cinema.

That never made it into the cinematic cut in 1977. It later appeared in the deleted scenes.

Earth, to my knowledge, is not a place that's noted in the galaxy maps
    in the Star Wars universe... I've always thought of it as an alternate universe or something rather than one parallel to ours.

I like Dune and Foundation, where the people are human, but have moved long past Earth - I think in the former they've forgotten where Earth was and in the latter, Earth was hit by a comet and later terraformed into a park.

... Always the first steps
    --- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Digital Man on Sun Feb 27 17:23:40 2022
    By: Digital Man to Moondog on Fri Feb 25 2022 08:45 pm

I forgot what it is called, but there is a phenomenon where people whave seen the outtake material at a leter time, but recall seeing it in the theatres.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-mandela-effect-4589394
    --
    digital man (rob)

uh, i think you MEAN Mengele Effect.

---
  • From Tracker1@VERT/TRN to Andeddu on Fri Mar 25 09:33:10 2022
    On 2/24/22 09:57, Andeddu wrote:

It was cut from the original movie... the clip was definitely online
    pretty early in internet age. It was first added with the special
    effects remaster and a cgi character with DVD. the CGI for Jabba in
    episode 4 was done for each re-release (including online for Disney+).
    --
    Michael J. Ryan - tracker1@roughneckbbs.com
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Roughneck BBS - roughneckbbs.com