• RE: Masks in your face (was Microsoft Bob Fans site...)

From Arelor@VERT to MRO on Tue May 19 11:36:30 2020
    Re: Re: Microsoft Bob Fans site...
    By: MRO to Ogg on Mon May 18 2020 09:25 pm

yeah i know this and that's a very good point. i just washed it and i'm letting it air dry. a lot of people think that new clothes
    smell is nice but it's actually formaldehyde.

other people at work have regular cloth masks and they're having problems. i noticed my problem started when i was doing a lot of
    physical activity.

Yes, I have noticed that running or moving heavy loads upstairs is noticeably harder if you are wearing a proper mask. You don't
    realize at first but it makes it harder to breathe. Not exactly an issue for healthy individuals but the effect I found interesting,
    to say the least.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Arelor on Wed May 20 16:53:00 2020
    On 05-19-20 11:36, Arelor wrote to MRO <=-

Yes, I have noticed that running or moving heavy loads upstairs is noticeably harder if you are wearing a proper mask. You don't realize
    at first but it makes it harder to breathe. Not exactly an issue for healthy individuals but the effect I found interesting, to say the
    least.

I haven't tried heavy exercise in a surgical mask, but I have done it in a P2 mask, and it's not fun for me, because I am capable of using up a lot of air when working hard, and the mask impedes air flow.

... When Eve arrived, this was no longer a man's world.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.51
    þ Synchronet þ Freeway BBS, Bendigo Australia. freeway.apana.org.au
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Arelor on Wed May 20 18:40:45 2020
    Re: RE: Masks in your face (was Microsoft Bob Fans site...)
    By: Arelor to MRO on Tue May 19 2020 11:36 am

harder if you are wearing a proper mask. You don't realize at first but it makes it harder to breathe. Not exactly an issue for healthy individuals but the effect I found interesting, to say the least.

well breathing in your own carbon dioxide isnt good for you.
    it doesnt matter if you are healthy or not.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Vk3jed on Wed May 20 18:42:17 2020
    Re: Re: Masks in your face (was Microsoft Bob Fans site...)
    By: Vk3jed to Arelor on Wed May 20 2020 04:53 pm

On 05-19-20 11:36, Arelor wrote to MRO <=-

Yes, I have noticed that running or moving heavy loads upstairs is noticeably harder if you are wearing a proper mask. You don't realize at first but it makes it harder to breathe. Not exactly an issue for healthy individuals but the effect I found interesting, to say the least.

I haven't tried heavy exercise in a surgical mask, but I have done it in a P mask, and it's not fun for me, because I am capable of using up a lot of air when working hard, and the mask impedes air flow.

i have to move some really heavy things at work sometimes. so i trained myself to take in more air before heavy lifts. it helps a lot. with a mask that just fucks it all up

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Arelor on Wed May 20 22:05:00 2020
    Re: RE: Masks in your face (w
    By: Arelor to MRO on Tue May 19 2020 11:36 am

Re: Re: Microsoft Bob Fans site...
    By: MRO to Ogg on Mon May 18 2020 09:25 pm

yeah i know this and that's a very good point. i just washed it and i'm l smell is nice but it's actually formaldehyde.

other people at work have regular cloth masks and they're having problems physical activity.

Yes, I have noticed that running or moving heavy loads upstairs is noticeabl realize at first but it makes it harder to breathe. Not exactly an issue for to say the least.

If you look at the N95 masks and similar designs, they have a round part on them which acts as a pressure bypass valve. Of course, this reduces mask effectiveness in an an airborne pathgen environment, but I think whoever designed the mask preferred breathing over not breathing. I've seen masks
    with exhaust fans and filtered intake pumps as well.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to MRO on Thu May 21 13:45:00 2020
    On 05-20-20 18:42, MRO wrote to Vk3jed <=-

i have to move some really heavy things at work sometimes. so i trained myself to take in more air before heavy lifts. it helps a lot. with a mask that just fucks it all up

I'm talking more about activities that require a lot of endurance - i.e. a lot of ongoing breathing, like forest firefighting. A mask really inhibits breathing, but they're now considered necessary (a P2 mask for that application).

... It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.51
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Vk3jed on Thu May 21 16:35:55 2020
    Re: Re: Masks in your face (was Microsoft Bob Fans site...)
    By: Vk3jed to MRO on Thu May 21 2020 01:45 pm

On 05-20-20 18:42, MRO wrote to Vk3jed <=-

I'm talking more about activities that require a lot of endurance - i.e. a l of ongoing breathing, like forest firefighting. A mask really inhibits breathing, but they're now considered necessary (a P2 mask for that application).

whatever dude, we are both saying the same thing.

my job requires a lot of endurance too.

---
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to MRO on Fri May 22 11:58:00 2020
    On 05-21-20 16:35, MRO wrote to Vk3jed <=-

whatever dude, we are both saying the same thing.

Yeah face masks suck for any strenuous work, no argument from me there.

... It's hard to be serious when you're naked.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.51