• British Police Shows

From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to All on Fri Jul 31 01:32:47 2020
    OK, on every British police show I have ever seen, the officers are rarely armed. They usually call in an armed unit (like a SWAT team) when they are facing armed bad gues.

DCI Banks, Inspector Lewis, Scott and Bailey... the cops are rarely armed.

So, I have seen one episode of a show called Bulletproof. Maybe the name should
    have given it away, but it seems much more like an American cop show. Plainclothes and SWAT-type cops, they are all armed and shooting.

#

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Fri Jul 31 05:07:57 2020
    Re: British Police Shows
    By: Dumas Walker to All on Thu Jul 30 2020 06:32 pm

OK, on every British police show I have ever seen, the officers are rarely armed. They usually call in an armed unit (like a SWAT team) when they are facing armed bad gues.

have given it away, but it seems much more like an American cop show. Plainclothes and SWAT-type cops, they are all armed and shooting.

hey, send them to chicago! they can really clean up the place!

---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Dumas Walker on Fri Jul 31 08:20:00 2020

#

I've watched some Canadian police shows, but very little from across the
    pond. Law and Order UK was like watching a precedural drama set place in an alternate universe. The UK version of Life on Mars and it's spinoff Ashes
    to Ashes were interesting view of old 70's police shows viewed from a modern angle.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From The Millionaire@VERT to Moondog on Mon Sep 7 20:53:06 2020

I've watched some Canadian police shows, but very little from across the pond. Law and Order UK was like watching a precedural drama set place in an alternate universe. The UK version of Life on Mars and it's spinoff Ashes to Ashes were interesting view of old 70's police shows viewed from a modern angle.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

I kinda fancied Water Rats from Down Under. First 2 seasons were pretty good and the female detective was pretty hot too.

$ The Millionaire $

..."Will we ever fear the ecstasy of free thought?" - Thinkman...

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to The Millionaire on Tue Sep 8 22:12:00 2020
    On 09-07-20 13:53, The Millionaire wrote to Moondog <=-

I kinda fancied Water Rats from Down Under. First 2 seasons were pretty good and the female detective was pretty hot too.

I used to watch that when it was on TV here, it was quite good.

... DEVICEHIGH: Your device driver on drugs.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.51
    þ Synchronet þ Freeway BBS, Bendigo Australia. freeway.apana.org.au