• bbs

From Sight@VERT/MLKNXBBS to All on Tue Aug 11 14:43:15 2020
    hey, i just created a bbs and i have no friends that are interested on going on it so iff anyone is interested please send a email to fredtroutman2@gmail.com.
    if anyone has recomendations of a bbs also send me that.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Place Where I Belong
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Sight on Tue Aug 11 20:48:42 2020
    Re: bbs
    By: Sight to All on Tue Aug 11 2020 07:43 am

hey, i just created a bbs and i have no friends that are interested on going on it so iff anyone is interested please send a email to fredtroutman2@gmail.com. if anyone has recomendations of a bbs also send me that.

The normally-expected way to advertise a BBS is to tell people the hostname or IP address to which they can connect (e.g. via Telnet, SSH, RLogin, HTTP, FTP, etc.). If it's a unique bbs with unique terminal or protocol requirements (e.g. dial-up modem only!), you might want to share that as well.

Sharing your email address isn't likely to lead to people "going on" your BBS.

digital man

Sling Blade quote #25:
    Karl: they seen fit to put me in here and here I've been a great long while. Norco, CA WX: 88.1øF, 37.0% humidity, 12 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From ROBERT WOLFE@VERT/OTHETA to SIGHT on Wed Aug 12 09:10:00 2020
    @VIA: MLKNXBBS
    @MSGID: <5F328453.764.dove-ent@servsyte.duckdns.org>
    hey, i just created a bbs and i have no friends that are interested on going
    if anyone has recomendations of a bbs also send me that.

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Place Where I Belong

well, it certainly looks like you are off to a decent start by getting connected to DoveNet! Welcome aboard!

If your friends are younger (in their 20s or so), then they may now
    know what a BBS is and might need to be educated on the topic :)

... Messages in Taglines? Whatever is the world coming to?
    --- Wildcat! v10.0.454.10 (May 26 2020), Editor Mod v2.1
    þ wcQWK 8.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.org
  • From HusTler@VERT/HAVENS to Sight on Wed Aug 12 20:21:26 2020
    Re: bbs
    By: Sight to All on Tue Aug 11 2020 07:43 am

hey, i just created a bbs and i have no friends that are interested on going on it so iff anyone is interested please send a email to fredtroutman2@gmail.com. if anyone has recomendations of a bbs also send me that.

The recomendation is to post the telnet or ssh address of your BBS. Not your email address. Hope your friends and new users find your BBS.

HusTler
    havens.synchro.net:23

---
    þ Synchronet þ Havens BBS havens.synchro.net