• Duke Nukem Forever

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to All on Tue Aug 9 22:58:01 2011
    So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been playing it lately on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion BBS - digdist.bbsindex.com
  • From Weed Hopper@VERT/LOCALYOC to Nightfox on Wed Aug 10 02:34:00 2011
    Re: Duke Nukem Forever
    By: Nightfox to All on Tue Aug 09 2011 05:58 pm

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been playing it lately o multi-player online, and I like it for that..

Nightfox

I haven't played it, but did play the other versions back in the day. I'm curious as to how it stacks up to those as relates to game play, Duke's comments, etc...
    Weed Hopper
    Local Yocal BBS
    localyocalbbs.com

---
    þ Synchronet þ Recently back online, come help us grow! telnet://localyocalbbs.com
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Weed Hopper on Wed Aug 10 18:02:38 2011
    So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been playing it lately o multi-player online, and I like it for that..

Nightfox

I haven't played it, but did play the other versions back in the day. I'm curious as to how it stacks up to those as relates to game play, Duke's comments, etc...

I always liked the older Duke Nukem games too. For this one, I feel like they may have gone a little overboard with Duke's machoness; also, I've mainly just played it multi-player, and I think it's fun for that. But I've noticed a couple things that bug me - If you pick up a new weapon and start using it, it won't let you switch back to the other weapon you were using (at least, I haven't figured out a way to do that if it's possible). Also, sometimes after you pick up a weapon, it won't let you use it - perhaps because you need ammo first, I'm not sure.

Nightfox

---
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Nightfox on Fri Aug 26 15:18:52 2011

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been playing it lately on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

I'm struggling to force myself to play the single player game through... so far it's pretty crap.

---
    Synchronet - Jump on the Web 0.2 bandwagon!

---
    þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS (All the cool SysOps run STOCK!)
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Weed Hopper on Fri Aug 26 15:22:19 2011
    By: Weed Hopper to Nightfox on Tue Aug 09 2011 09:34 pm

Pretty badly to be honest... there are a lot of jerk off games like you pull the lever in a falling elevator repeatedly to slow it down without overheating the brakes, a turret scene, a stupid puzzle where you push things with an RC car etc. These take up more time than the actual FPS bit of the game so far.

On the XBox, the controller is really not up to the job, and then they put realism in in all the wrong places (Duke can only carry two weapons at a time now).

The one-liners are good and the graphics are OK, but it doesn't play like Duke (I actually bought and played through Duke 3D on the XBox before buying Forever).

---

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Deuce on Fri Aug 26 17:15:09 2011
    I'm struggling to force myself to play the single player game through... so far it's pretty crap.

I started to play the single-player game and played part of the first level.. It seemed a bit corny. I think multi-player is fun though. But the thing
    that bugs me the most is that you can only carry 2 weapons at a time.

Nightfox

---
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Deuce on Fri Aug 26 19:08:00 2011
    By: Deuce to Nightfox on Fri Aug 26 2011 10:18 am

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been playing it latel on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

I'm struggling to force myself to play the single player game through... so it's pretty crap.

---

I have Shadow Warrior with the source code.
    Nice game. the guy who does the voice of Lo Wang always cracks me up.
    "hey baby, You wanna some wang?"

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Deuce on Fri Aug 26 20:58:40 2011

Darn! And it looked like it was gonna be so good...

---
    þ Synchronet þ Southeast Texas BBS -- setxbbs.synchro.net
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Deuce on Fri Aug 26 21:00:22 2011
    By: Deuce to Weed Hopper on Fri Aug 26 2011 10:22 am

Pretty badly to be honest... there are a lot of jerk off games like you
    pull the lever in a falling elevator repeatedly to slow it down without overheating the brakes, a turret scene, a stupid puzzle where you push things with an RC car etc. These take up more time than the actual FPS bit of the game so far.
    On the XBox, the controller is really not up to the job, and then they put realism in in all the wrong places (Duke can only carry two weapons at a time now).

Guess they spent all their time trying to make it as realistic as possible, and ignored the umpteen high profile articles about what gamers REALLY like...

---
    þ Synchronet þ Southeast Texas BBS -- setxbbs.synchro.net
  • From Weedhopper@VERT to Dreamer on Fri Aug 26 21:32:41 2011
    By: Dreamer to Deuce on Fri Aug 26 2011 03:58 pm

My thoughts as well. I was kind of excited when I saw the commercials, and now not so much....

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Dreamer on Fri Aug 26 22:27:22 2011
    By: Dreamer to Deuce on Fri Aug 26 2011 04:00 pm

Guess they spent all their time trying to make it as realistic as possible, and ignored the umpteen high profile articles about what gamers REALLY like...

My guess is that they just grabbed the existing game engine, and did one of everything it came with. There's nothing new here, and the old stuff that rocked is missing as well. It's just some medeocre FPS with some good one-liners.

---

---
  • From Lord Time@VERT/TIME to Deuce on Sat Aug 27 16:23:00 2011

The one-liners are good and the graphics are OK, but it doesn't play like Duke (I actually bought and played through Duke 3D on the XBox before buying Forever).

so what your X-Box 360 Gamer Tag (name)?

---
    Rob Starr
    Lord Time SysOp of Time Warp of the Future BBS
    telnet://time.synchro.net:24
    ICQ # 11868133 Yahoo : lordtime2000
    AIM : LordTime20000 MSN : Lord Time
    Jabber : lordtime2000@gmail.com Astra : lord_time

þ CMPQwk 1.42-R2 16554 þ The die is cast. (proverb quoted by Julius Caesar).
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 IBBS Games
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Lord Time on Sun Aug 28 00:50:18 2011
    By: Lord Time to Deuce on Sat Aug 27 2011 11:23 am

The one-liners are good and the graphics are OK, but it doesn't play
    like Duke (I actually bought and played through Duke 3D on the XBox before buying Forever).

RealDeuce

---

---
  • From Lord Time@VERT/TIME to Deuce on Sun Aug 28 04:17:10 2011

RealDeuce

I am Lord Time 2000 there (just add you)

---

Rob Starr
    Lord Time SysOp of
    Time Warp of the Future BBS
    Telnet://Time.Darktech.Org:24 or Telnet://TimeWarpFuture.dyndns.org:24 or Telnet://Time.Synchro.Net:24 (qwk or ftn & e-mail)
    ICQ # 11868133 or # 70398519 Jabber : lordtime2000@gmail.com
    Yahoo : lordtime2000 AIM : LordTime20000 MSN : Lord Time
    Astra : lord_time
    ---
  • From The Lizard Master@VERT/NITEEYES to Lord Time on Wed Sep 7 13:48:00 2011
    Re: Re: Duke Nukem Forever
    By: Lord Time to Deuce on Sat Aug 27 2011 11:17 pm

The one-liners are good and the graphics are OK, but it doesn't pla like Duke (I actually bought and played through Duke 3D on the XBox before buying Forever).

RealDeuce

TLMAlexGro

---TLM
    www.LizardMaster.com

---
    þ Synchronet þ Nite Eyes BBS 24/7 Doors/Message Bases/C=64 niteeyes.etowns.net
  • From Lord Time@VERT/TIME to The Lizard Master on Wed Sep 7 15:40:00 2011
    In a reply from The Lizard on 08:48 about Re: Duke Nukem Forever

The one-liners are good and the graphics are OK, but it doesn't pla like Duke (I actually bought and played through Duke 3D on the XBox before buying Forever).

RealDeuce

TLMAlexGro

just add you :)

---
    Rob Starr
    Lord Time SysOp of Time Warp of the Future BBS
    telnet://time.synchro.net:24
    ICQ # 11868133 Yahoo : lordtime2000
    AIM : LordTime20000 MSN : Lord Time
    Jabber : lordtime2000@gmail.com Astra : lord_time

þ CMPQwk 1.42-R2 16554 þ Dragons do it whenever they want.
    ---
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Weedhopper on Mon Sep 26 04:06:27 2011
    By: Weedhopper to Dreamer on Fri Aug 26 2011 04:32 pm

I'm struggling to force myself to play the single player game through. so far it's pretty crap.

My thoughts as well. I was kind of excited when I saw the commercials, and n not so much....

I was a fan of Duke Nukem 3D, but felt deflated after playing "FOREVER".

The single player game gets marginally better, but never great. Some people say that Duke Nukem Forever is too old school, that is an oldskool game
    trying to be new school, but I think the opposite.

DNF is a new school game trying to be old school. If they just said "forget CoD style gameplay, lets just make a 90's shooter top to bottom", it would
    have come out better.

But as it is now, no savegame feature, limited weapon inventory and empty levels which seem short and deserted, its a shadow of DN3D. And so LINEAR!

It does have some saving graces. It is at times fun, cheeky and funny,
    despite the "Pork Chop Sandwiches" reference (???). But most modern FPS's
    are dissapointing.

---
    þ Synchronet þ MS & RD BBs - bbs.mozysswamp.org
  • From Weed Hopper@VERT/LOCALYOC to Boraxman on Sun Sep 25 20:32:00 2011
    By: Boraxman to Weedhopper on Sun Sep 25 2011 11:06 pm

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been playing lately on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

I'm struggling to force myself to play the single player game throu so far it's pretty crap.

My thoughts as well. I was kind of excited when I saw the commercials, an not so much....

The single player game gets marginally better, but never great. Some people say that Duke Nukem Forever is too old school, that is an oldskool game trying to be new school, but I think the opposite.

DNF is a new school game trying to be old school. If they just said "forget CoD style gameplay, lets just make a 90's shooter top to bottom", it would have come out better.

But as it is now, no savegame feature, limited weapon inventory and empty levels which seem short and deserted, its a shadow of DN3D. And so LINEAR!

It does have some saving graces. It is at times fun, cheeky and funny, despite the "Pork Chop Sandwiches" reference (???). But most modern FPS's are dissapointing.

Looks like I'll be giving it a pass. I haven't heard a whole lot of good things about it...
    Weed Hopper
    Local Yocal BBS
    localyocalbbs.com

---
    þ Synchronet þ Recently back online, come help us grow! telnet://localyocalbbs.com
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Weed Hopper on Sun Sep 25 23:19:19 2011
    By: Weed Hopper to Boraxman on Sun Sep 25 2011 03:32 pm

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been play lately on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

I'm struggling to force myself to play the single player game th so far it's pretty crap.

My thoughts as well. I was kind of excited when I saw the commercials, not so much....

The single player game gets marginally better, but never great. Some peo say that Duke Nukem Forever is too old school, that is an oldskool game trying to be new school, but I think the opposite.

DNF is a new school game trying to be old school. If they just said "for CoD style gameplay, lets just make a 90's shooter top to bottom", it woul have come out better.

But as it is now, no savegame feature, limited weapon inventory and empty levels which seem short and deserted, its a shadow of DN3D. And so LINEA

It does have some saving graces. It is at times fun, cheeky and funny, despite the "Pork Chop Sandwiches" reference (???). But most modern FPS' are dissapointing.

Looks like I'll be giving it a pass. I haven't heard a whole lot of good thi about it...
    Weed Hopper
    Local Yocal BBS
    localyocalbbs.com

I can send you shadow warrior if you would like, and the source code.
    it's written in Watcom C++

---
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Corey on Tue Sep 27 01:58:38 2011
    By: Corey to Weed Hopper on Sun Sep 25 2011 06:19 pm

By: Weed Hopper to Boraxman on Sun Sep 25 2011 03:32 pm

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been p lately on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

I'm struggling to force myself to play the single player game so far it's pretty crap.

My thoughts as well. I was kind of excited when I saw the commercia not so much....

I was a fan of Duke Nukem 3D, but felt deflated after playing "FOREVER

The single player game gets marginally better, but never great. Some say that Duke Nukem Forever is too old school, that is an oldskool gam trying to be new school, but I think the opposite.

DNF is a new school game trying to be old school. If they just said " CoD style gameplay, lets just make a 90's shooter top to bottom", it w have come out better.

But as it is now, no savegame feature, limited weapon inventory and em levels which seem short and deserted, its a shadow of DN3D. And so LI

It does have some saving graces. It is at times fun, cheeky and funny despite the "Pork Chop Sandwiches" reference (???). But most modern F are dissapointing.

Looks like I'll be giving it a pass. I haven't heard a whole lot of good about it...
    Weed Hopper
    Local Yocal BBS
    localyocalbbs.com

Blood was a good game built on the build engine.

It's not just DNF which I've given up on, but 3D FPS's in particular. Steam hasn't helped much either, just more of a turn off.

---
  • From Weed Hopper@VERT/LOCALYOC to Corey on Mon Sep 26 12:25:00 2011
    By: Corey to Weed Hopper on Sun Sep 25 2011 06:19 pm

Thanks, but I'm going to pass. I know myself, and if I don't I'll end up hooked on a crappy game. :-)

Weed Hopper
    Local Yocal BBS
    localyocalbbs.com

---
  • From Tck@VERT/BUNGEE to Boraxman on Tue Nov 1 22:13:00 2011
    Ahh what a fantastic game,
    I used to play this on my DOS system.
    Is it the new version you are playing online??

--
    '-()-()----()"()^^^^^^^()"()'

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been playing
    it lately on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

I'm struggling to force myself to play the single player game through. so far it's pretty crap.

My thoughts as well. I was kind of excited when I saw the commercials, an
    n not so much....

The single player game gets marginally better, but never great. Some people
    say that Duke Nukem Forever is too old school, that is an oldskool game tryi
    to be new school, but I think the opposite.

DNF is a new school game trying to be old school. If they just said "forget
    CoD style gameplay, lets just make a 90's shooter top to bottom", it would have come out better.

It does have some saving graces. It is at times fun, cheeky and funny, despite the "Pork Chop Sandwiches" reference (???). But most modern FPS's a
    dissapointing.

---

---
    þ Synchronet þ Bungee Creek - bungeecreek.no-ip.org
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Tck on Tue Nov 1 18:07:12 2011
    By: Tck to Boraxman on Tue Nov 01 2011 05:13 pm

--

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been play it lately on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

My thoughts as well. I was kind of excited when I saw the commercials, n not so much....

The single player game gets marginally better, but never great. Some peo say that Duke Nukem Forever is too old school, that is an oldskool game t to be new school, but I think the opposite.

DNF is a new school game trying to be old school. If they just said "for CoD style gameplay, lets just make a 90's shooter top to bottom", it woul have come out better.

But as it is now, no savegame feature, limited weapon inventory and empty levels which seem short and deserted, its a shadow of DN3D. And so LINEA

It does have some saving graces. It is at times fun, cheeky and funny, despite the "Pork Chop Sandwiches" reference (???). But most modern FPS' dissapointing.

---

I like shadow warrior and Redneck Rampage.

---
  • From Boraxman@VERT/MSRDBBS to Tck on Sat Nov 5 02:06:56 2011

--

So, does anyone here play Duke Nukem Forever? I've been play it lately on multi-player online, and I like it for that..

My thoughts as well. I was kind of excited when I saw the commercials, n not so much....

The single player game gets marginally better, but never great. Some peo say that Duke Nukem Forever is too old school, that is an oldskool game t to be new school, but I think the opposite.

It does have some saving graces. It is at times fun, cheeky and funny, despite the "Pork Chop Sandwiches" reference (???). But most modern FPS' dissapointing.

---

The new version is good to play ONCE. However there are too many aspects of the game which would make replaying it seem tedious.

---
  • From Lurch@VERT/APPY to Boraxman on Mon Nov 7 00:46:30 2011
    By: Boraxman to Tck on Fri Nov 04 2011 21:06:56

The new version is good to play ONCE. However there are too many aspects of the game which would make replaying it seem tedious.

Played it a couple of times, where it really shines is mulitplayer/LAN play. Alot of fun.

-=[LurcH]=-

---
    þ Synchronet þ -=[TAF BBS - Telnet://taf.org.nz]=-
  • From Ragnarok@VERT/DOCKSUD to Tck on Fri Nov 11 15:40:00 2011
    El 01/11/11 14:13, Tck escribió:

i have a build on linux that run in a udp network

---
    þ Synchronet þ Dock Sud BBS TLD 24 HS - http://www.docksud.com.ar - telnet://bbs.docksud.com.ar
  • From Purple Nurple@VERT/FLAMINGS to Ragnarok on Sat Nov 12 02:16:37 2011
    By: Ragnarok to Tck on Fri Nov 11 2011 09:40 am

Are you talking about Duke Nukem Forever or a Linux port of Duke Nukem 3D?

-*- Open!EDIT v0.99k+

---
    þ Synchronet þ DoveNet: Flaming Star BBS www.flamingstarbbs.com
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Purple Nurple on Sat Nov 12 01:40:33 2011
    By: Purple Nurple to Ragnarok on Fri Nov 11 2011 08:16 pm

By: Ragnarok to Tck on Fri Nov 11 2011 09:40 am

Are you talking about Duke Nukem Forever or a Linux port of Duke Nukem 3D?

-*- Open!EDIT v0.99k+

I play it on my droid tabby.

---