• Any CW ops out there?

From Jake@VERT/DRAKE to All on Fri Feb 10 01:21:45 2012
    Hey everyone,

I'm working on learning CW and after a few attempts now, I'm wondering if I'm just going about it the wrong way. I've primarily been using the Koch method and I do recognize most of the letters I've learned, I just get frustrated
    once I get to a certain number of letters. I think I miss one or two and then the whole thing just starts to go off the rails and by the time I get caught back up I've missed a word or two worth of code. I know that this is an art of practice and I just probably need to be more patient, but I would be interested in hearing how others learned and what has worked for them.

Thanks,
    Jake - KE5ZZN

---
    þ Synchronet þ Drakefire BBS - drakefire.dyndns.org
  • From N8ERC@VERT/THEMACHI to Jake on Sat Feb 18 18:17:40 2012
    Re: Any CW ops out there?
    By: Jake to All on Thu Feb 09 2012 19:21:45

Hey everyone,

I'm working on learning CW and after a few attempts now, I'm wondering if I' just going about it the wrong way. I've primarily been using the Koch method and I do recognize most of the letters I've learned, I just get frustrated once I get to a certain number of letters. I think I miss one or two and the the whole thing just starts to go off the rails and by the time I get caught back up I've missed a word or two worth of code. I know that this is an art practice and I just probably need to be more patient, but I would be interested in hearing how others learned and what has worked for them.

Thanks,
    Jake - KE5ZZN

I have been trying since 1974... and I have the same problem as you. Maybe someday I'll catch on, if not I'll keep using the cw decoder software to
    listen and try to learn. CW is an art that I just can't seem to master.

---
    þ Synchronet þ N8ERC.HAM-RADIO-OP.NET