• Interesting Video

From John Guillory@VERT/MAINLINE to All on Thu May 24 12:30:04 2012
    I was looking at a review of an export radio, think it was an A10-mini or something like that... Funny, the guy was from a CB Shop, and talking about how he tuned it up... He was explaining what the switches are for. One switch he explained goes from 1-2 watts up to full power or variable power I believe. He was explaining if your on the radio and a truck comes by you, just flip this switch and you'll be able to get out there.... I laughed and said "Yeah, so not at all a HAM Philosaphy!" In other words, if ther people are talking, rather than wait for them to finish, just bump up the power to MAX and talk over them! Gee, that's really polite of him to teach people to do that! It's all about him, who cares about anyone else? Do these people realise if they talk over everyone else they won't have anyone to talk to? A conversation requires two people to talk. Otherwise he's just running his mouth over the air. Now I do like the fact that if you have a linear, you can flip a switch and go low-power and not worry about blowing your linear.... I also especially love how one or two ham radios have a jack on the outside that is specifically made for linking to a linear, so you can just plug the linear in and turn it on, then your all setup for a boosted signal. Sounds like it'd be really a lot easier, especially if the radio automatically limits the power on the linear link....

---
    þ Synchronet þ Roach Guts -- kingcoder.net