• Check out what I found...

From John Guillory@VERT/MAINLINE to All on Wed May 30 00:55:36 2012
    http://www.nue-psk.com/ordering.html

A PSK Modem for HAM Radios that allows you to hook up a keyboard to the device and a cable with 4 wires to hook up to your radio. You can build the device for like $200 or buy it put together for around $300. The device has a screen where you can see the frequency map or text. The device will decode CW and translate keyboard text to CW as well as display what speed the decoding is. So even if you don't know morse code, you can communicate with hard core morse coders as well as transmit RTTY without using a computer. But it gets better! It also logs all contacts and will upload via usb (seperate cable) a QSO Log!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Roach Guts -- kingcoder.net
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to John Guillory on Wed May 30 14:49:35 2012
    Re: Check out what I found...
    By: John Guillory to All on Tue May 29 2012 19:55:36

http://www.nue-psk.com/ordering.html
    A PSK Modem for HAM Radios that allows you to hook up a keyboard to the devi and a cable with 4 wires to hook up to your radio. You can build the device for like $200 or buy it put together for around $300. The device has a scre where you can see the frequency map or text. The device will decode CW and translate keyboard text to CW as well as display what speed the decoding is. So even if you don't know morse code, you can communicate with hard core mor coders as well as transmit RTTY without using a computer. But it gets bette It also logs all contacts and will upload via usb (seperate cable) a QSO Log

It's an interesting device that's been around for a while. The screen and keyboard set it apart from various TNCs and other interfaces. That said, it'd have to offer something impressive before I chose to use it over a PC & audio interface, like amazing runtime on a battery or something like that. Not sure what niche it's filling these days in a world of cheap laptops one could use
    in the field.

echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com - 416-273-7230

---
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com