• echicken

From Cequra@VERT/VERIFY-N to All on Sun Mar 26 02:40:38 2017
    Hello , echicken

I too would like to see ax25 packet support for synchro-net , Im keen to implement this. I have a seperate board for packet stuff ,

Regards

Cequra

---
    þ Synchronet þ verify-nebula --Grimsby--Lincolnshire--England
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to Cequra on Sun Mar 26 04:24:28 2017
    Re: echicken
    By: Cequra to All on Sat Mar 25 2017 19:40:38

I too would like to see ax25 packet support for synchro-net , Im keen to implement this. I have a seperate board for packet stuff ,

I've made some progress on this recently, so it may be usable soon. What kind of things do you want to use it for once it's ready?

---
    echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com - 416-273-7230
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to echicken on Mon Mar 27 15:24:00 2017
    echicken wrote to Cequra <=-

I've made some progress on this recently, so it may be usable soon.
    What kind of things do you want to use it for once it's ready?

I'm looking forward to taking it for a test drive. Looks like I'm going to have to get myself a birthday present - a TNC-Pi. :D

... Jesus turned water into wine....the ultimate party guest!!!!
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    þ Synchronet þ Freeway BBS in Bendigo, Australia.
  • From Cequra@VERT/VERIFY-N to echicken on Wed Mar 29 18:17:06 2017

I've made some progress on this recently, so it may be usable soon. What kind of things do you want to use it for once it's ready?

---
    echicken

hi chicken , I have my boards running on raspberry pi with tnc-pi and pk232 tncs,
    I hope to operate on vhf , would be good to exchange message forums , allow a basic bbs interface , the bad word filter is a must, when do you think you
    will have a working solution for us?

---
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to Cequra on Wed Mar 29 18:29:01 2017
    Re: Re: echicken
    By: Cequra to echicken on Wed Mar 29 2017 11:17:06

I hope to operate on vhf , would be good to exchange message forums ,

Okay, what other systems would you want to exchange messages with? I remember F6FBB being fairly popular, and JNOS; I'm not sure what else people are using.

allow a basic bbs interface , the bad word filter is a must, when do you

A user interface with a language filter will be the first "front-end" thing that gets made.

think you will have a working solution for us?

Not sure. Hopefully within a month or so. The AX.25 2.2 spec is not extremely well written, so that makes it slow going.

---
    echicken
  • From monsieurmarc@VERT/ECBBS to echicken on Wed Mar 29 18:36:43 2017

Okay, what other systems would you want to exchange messages with? I remember F6FBB being fairly popular, and JNOS; I'm not sure what else people are using.

A user interface with a language filter will be the first "front-end" thing that gets made.

Not sure. Hopefully within a month or so. The AX.25 2.2 spec is not extremely well written, so that makes it slow going.

---
    echicken

As another keen watcher my plan is vhf for callers
    An outdoors Ubiquiti router for wifi meshing
    And finally a gateway out to AMPR over trad broadband.

There are no local nodes for me to forward to over RF.
    Just having the RF link working would be amazing, message exchange and so on is an interesting one. There just isnt much packet messaging going. Its almost better linking synchonet (ham ones) bbs's over AMPR network and exchanging that way much like DOVEnet

---
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Cequra on Fri Mar 31 02:58:00 2017
    Cequra wrote to echicken <=-

hi chicken , I have my boards running on raspberry pi with tnc-pi and pk232 tncs,
    I hope to operate on vhf , would be good to exchange message forums , allow a basic bbs interface , the bad word filter is a must, when do
    you think you will have a working solution for us?

I intend to run the packet in isolation from the rest of my system, unless echicken can put in the ability to filter by name and source.

... (A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened...
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    þ Synchronet þ Freeway BBS in Bendigo, Australia.
  • From Cequra@VERT/VERIFY-N to monsieurmarc on Fri Mar 31 06:00:01 2017

---
    echicken

As another keen watcher my plan is vhf for callers
    An outdoors Ubiquiti router for wifi meshing
    And finally a gateway out to AMPR over trad broadband.

There are no local nodes for me to forward to over RF.
    Just having the RF link working would be amazing, message exchange and so on is an interesting one. There just isnt much packet messaging going. Its almost better linking synchonet (ham ones) bbs's over AMPR network and exchanging that way much like DOVEnet

---

Ok , So there is an image for the pi that is downloadable from http://f6bvp.org/AX25_BBS_Node_RaspBerry_Pi_install.html , This image is preconfigure towards ham radio mainly packet ax25,

Quote from site --

List of working applications when booting:

F6FBB BBS version 7.0.8.
    AX.25 packet radio switch FPAC node (NetRom and ROSE protocols).
    aprslist (APRS beacon and repeater).
    Dx spots relay DX Cluster
    Web server lighthttpd (/var/www/index.lighttpd.html)
    watchdog (RPi reboots in case of Linux kernel failure)
    beacon (AX.25 radio beacons)
    mheardd daemon (client is mheard)
    dxget (DX spots broadcast on AX.25 ports)
    ax25ipd for AX.25 frames encapsulation into UDP/TCP Internet protocols frames or reversely encapsulated IP frames stripped into AX.25 frames.
    ax25d : daemon redirecting incoming frames from peripheral devices to appropriate application software depending on protocols and ports.
    xastir. This is an APRS graphic application to be started from graphic user interface menu.

All communication applications are already configured for using a TNC-Pi connected on RaspBerry Pi I/O connector.

Unquote ----

I installed synchro onto this image , ive edited it to match my call sign and AMPR range.

Ive also plan to loaded in and exchange Outernet content via sky lark or librarian. Offline sattelite download http://www.outernet.is, Librarian runs on the pi , im still learning skylark , at the mo im forced to use a chip.

Im just waiting to interface it with synchronet.

i had a thought tho fvpbbs allows forwarding to a bbs port , thats an option
    or could sexports answer?

regards Ceq

---
  • From monsieurmarc@VERT/ECBBS to Cequra on Fri Mar 31 11:27:35 2017
    Thats one fat image. Thanks i will look.
    Up till now I did all the ax install myself. Thankfully it works so far :-)

---
  • From Ray Quinn@VERT/US99 to echicken on Mon Apr 3 00:10:00 2017

What kind of things do you want to use it for once it's ready?

I would like to find some way to "gate" ham radio related messages to and from JNOS. JNOS can use the NNTP protocol, but it doesn't have the ability to send a password to the NNTP server.

... It's best to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.50
    þ Synchronet þ US 99 BBS - Visalia, CA - bbs.quinnnet.org
  • From Ray Quinn@VERT/US99 to echicken on Mon Apr 3 02:34:00 2017

I am running the W6RAY (SJVBBS) (sjvbbs.ampr.org) packet BBS on a VM after testing it out on a Raspberry Pi running Raspian using a thumb drive as the BBS drive. The software I ran was JNOS

(rsync -av www.langelaar.net::jnos2 /your/source/path).

allow a basic bbs interface , the bad word filter is a must, when do you

Most definately.

... A Smith & Wesson *ALWAYS* beats 4 Aces.
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.50
    þ Synchronet þ US 99 BBS - Visalia, CA - bbs.quinnnet.org
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to Ray Quinn on Mon Apr 3 17:21:04 2017
    By: Ray Quinn to echicken on Sun Apr 02 2017 17:10:00

I would like to find some way to "gate" ham radio related messages to and from JNOS. JNOS can use the NNTP protocol, but it doesn't have the ability to send a password to the NNTP server.

I'd be interested in seeing how two JNOS BBSs exchange messages with one another, and then creating a 'mailer' script for Synchronet that uses that protocol. Failing that, using an existing service like NNTP would be an option.

My recollection is that it's usually just one packet BBS calling another and behaving like any other user, sending commands to read and post messages, etc. It's been several years since I looked at any of this, so my memory's fuzzy even if (as is very likely) nothing much has changed.

---
    echicken