• New interest in Ham Radio....

From Warlord@VERT/TIME to All on Thu Dec 18 07:43:23 2008
    I recently purchased a Tigertronics SignaLink USB interface to interface
    my Yaesy FT-8800 UHF/VHF radio as a 2-meter / 440 input that connects to an EchoLink node system for our radio group here in Los Angeles and around the country (Google Simplex Animals). It works great. I also tried it useing PSK31 with my Icom 703 10 watt QRP radio on 20 meters and a roof mounted Cushcraft R6000 multi-band verticle.

I was ABSOLUTELU STUNNED at how well this setup is working. My EchoLink node is not online because I am now HOOKED on PSK31.. Having a great time!

Bob KA6HGT

---
    þ Synchronet þ Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 IBBS Games
  • From W8ZZU@VERT/SCANNER to Warlord on Mon Dec 22 05:07:00 2008
    Re: New interest in Ham Radio
    By: Warlord to All on Thu Dec 18 2008 01:43 am

I recently purchased a Tigertronics SignaLink USB interface to
    interface my Yaesy FT-8800 UHF/VHF radio as a 2-meter / 440 input that connects to an EchoLink node system for our radio group here in Los Angeles and around the country (Google Simplex Animals). It works great. I also tried it useing PSK31 with my Icom 703 10 watt QRP radio on 20 meters and a roof mounted Cushcraft R6000 multi-band verticle.

I was ABSOLUTELU STUNNED at how well this setup is working. My EchoLink node is not online because I am now HOOKED on PSK31.. Having a great time!

Yeah, I am going to buy one of those.. Are they still on back order? I want one for RTTY and PSK31.

Jason - W8ZZU
    Total Logged Contacts = 3714
    Last Contact: VE7OZ on 15 Meter SSB. Location: BC, CA. 11/27/08 at 19:03 UTC

---
    þ Synchronet þ Scanner Enthusiasts BBS - scannerbbs.dyndns.org - *Dove-Net
  • From Warlord@VERT/TIME to W8ZZU on Tue Dec 23 17:58:35 2008
    By: W8ZZU to Warlord on Sun Dec 21 2008 11:07 pm

Yeah, I am going to buy one of those.. Are they still on back order? I wan one for RTTY and PSK31.

Hi Jason. They are not back logged at this time. I ordered and received
    my unit in 1 week total time. I ordered mine with the 6-pin DATA plug for
    use on ICOM radios. Also ordered a spare cable (RJ-11) for radios that use RJ-11 plugs for their microphone. I think you will like it. Bob KA6HGT

---
    þ Synchronet þ Time Warp of the Future BBS - Home of League 10 IBBS Games
  • From W8ZZU@VERT/SCANNER to Warlord on Wed Dec 24 01:46:00 2008
    By: Warlord to W8ZZU on Tue Dec 23 2008 11:58 am

Yeah, I am going to buy one of those.. Are they still on back order? I wan one for RTTY and PSK31.

Hi Jason. They are not back logged at this time. I ordered and
    received my unit in 1 week total time. I ordered mine with the 6-pin DATA plug for
    use on ICOM radios. Also ordered a spare cable (RJ-11) for radios that use RJ-11 plugs for their microphone. I think you will like it. Bob KA6HGT

Cool... I am going to order one up after the first of the year. What Icom do you use it on? I plan on using it on my 746Pro. I guess the RJ-11 would be a good idea so I can mess with packet / APRS maybe on my IC-208 or 207. Those radios have the DIN on the back as well though, I think.

Jason - W8ZZU

---
  • From Retroprince@VERT/MEMTW to W8ZZU on Tue Mar 24 19:02:00 2009
    By: W8ZZU to Warlord on Sun Dec 21 2008 11:07 pm

I don't know if you have tried IRLP but it works well also.I have a node in Houma which is being used to transmit shuttle (space) audio right now. Mine is a FT1500 hooked to a 30FT vertical antenna. Both of these systems work well both echo link & IRLP...Some nodes have both. My node is 3273 call N1AXE in Houma, la

73's Micah KB5ZJJ
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ [bbs.memphistw.org] - [www.memphistw.org]
  • From W8ZZU@VERT/SCANNER to Retroprince on Fri Mar 27 01:38:00 2009
    By: Retroprince to W8ZZU on Tue Mar 24 2009 02:02 pm

I don't know if you have tried IRLP but it works well also.I have a node in Houma which is being used to transmit shuttle (space) audio right now. Mine is a FT1500 hooked to a 30FT vertical antenna. Both of these systems work well both echo link & IRLP...Some nodes have both. My node is 3273
    call N1AXE in Houma, la

I have messed with echolink and IRLP... It just doesn't seem like radio to me..

Jason - W8ZZU

---