From Sommopfle@VERT to DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio on Sat Oct 9 13:05:31 2010
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

Hello,

I finally got my packradio IP node address and my only 2 meter rig has
    died. I have waited way way too long for the ip numbers and now it seems
    that I can't even get on packet anymore due to the issue with my radio
    burning up. Does anyone have a 2 Meter Radio they could spare to help
    out a new ham thats unemployed right now?

KD8NCV
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJMsFqLAAoJEMdR93F7davAhk0H/Av0dLWb4Nt/5Au5nJhqWMWC yhjQxKlZf8a6ZH9hh7if6LSMFgCh5+tbZtVTdEXu1/Q7WcfQU3n71ODXhQNLv4MP SU4lYrYSTE01NRtTCRzLjNSiNJWsMPuWnV1dTOCzIWq+aMwwsn2WP9ZQepH0N+tP s7r1oeiAbMyWophiXyj6Tb540dadRJ90Ab1PXQ3BcQC+CErXansR83qhatRenD4h TL9pgQh1edWo0k/lHvNSxt+PzwQ0FPaU9iYl3CP9eisgCQfgsPncvlEK3xZ4Bm/g HCYd6cnqohNnM8XViuBEf/rrRX4NXI0cQKRyuCPUk9oJUY6JKAmrHPOudN4qwFY=
    =SfWW
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Sommopfle@VERT/PSYCHOWA to Sommopfle on Tue Oct 12 09:10:53 2010
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

Hello,

I finally got my packradio IP node address and my only 2 meter rig has
    died. I have waited way way too long for the ip numbers and now it seems that I can't even get on packet anymore due to the issue with my radio burning up. Does anyone have a 2 Meter Radio they could spare to help
    out a new ham thats unemployed right now?

KD8NCV
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJMsFqLAAoJEMdR93F7davAhk0H/Av0dLWb4Nt/5Au5nJhqWMWC yhjQxKlZf8a6ZH9hh7if6LSMFgCh5+tbZtVTdEXu1/Q7WcfQU3n71ODXhQNLv4MP SU4lYrYSTE01NRtTCRzLjNSiNJWsMPuWnV1dTOCzIWq+aMwwsn2WP9ZQepH0N+tP s7r1oeiAbMyWophiXyj6Tb540dadRJ90Ab1PXQ3BcQC+CErXansR83qhatRenD4h TL9pgQh1edWo0k/lHvNSxt+PzwQ0FPaU9iYl3CP9eisgCQfgsPncvlEK3xZ4Bm/g HCYd6cnqohNnM8XViuBEf/rrRX4NXI0cQKRyuCPUk9oJUY6JKAmrHPOudN4qwFY=
    =SfWW
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ telnet://vert.synchro.net
    Wow that PGP stuff is certainly ugly!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Psycho Ward BBS - 1:11/229@fidonet - bbs.cluenet.org
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Sommopfle on Wed Oct 13 02:06:59 2010
    Re: Re: 2 Meter packet radio
    By: Sommopfle to Sommopfle on Tue Oct 12 2010 04:10 am

Wow that PGP stuff is certainly ugly!

That's why I stopped using it after, like, two days, even in email. Now, if I were ever involved in anything remotely interesting, I might use it under those circumstances...

On the other hand...hrm... it'd be an interesting mod to Synchronet to integrate some kind of key signing into public messages. Not worth the effort, tho... oh well.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Spatial Dimension - setxbbs.synchro.net
  • From Sommopfle@VERT/PSYCHOWA to Dreamer on Thu Oct 14 02:08:35 2010
    By: Dreamer to Sommopfle on Tue Oct 12 2010 09:06 pm

On the other hand...hrm... it'd be an interesting mod to Synchronet to integrate some kind of key signing into public messages. Not worth the effo tho... oh well.
    I'm still trying to figure out what tod o with my KAM White Box TNC...

I basically used it with jnos, which puts all the special features of the TNC down the drain and uses it in dumb mode. I wonder if their is any interesting BBS doors dealing with Packet or Digital modes in general.

Sommopfle
    /x

---
    þ Synchronet þ Psycho Ward BBS - 1:11/229@fidonet - bbs.sum.cluenet.org
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to Sommopfle on Thu Oct 14 14:47:31 2010
    By: Sommopfle to Dreamer on Wed Oct 13 2010 21:08:35

I basically used it with jnos, which puts all the special features of the TN down the drain and uses it in dumb mode. I wonder if their is any interestin BBS doors dealing with Packet or Digital modes in general.

Cyan at rrx.ca wrote a service for his Synchronet BBS that allows it to serve as a packet BBS. He uses SExPOTS (digital man's serial -> telnet gate app) to facilitate the connection. I've discussed this setup with him a few times and I'm (among several other BBS-related projects, so work is going slowly) working on my own. You might want to contact him or check out his website for more info.

echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com - 416-273-7230

---
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From ThePatriot@VERT/EMCOMMNY to echicken on Tue Apr 5 02:24:00 2011
    By: echicken to Sommopfle on Thu Oct 14 2010 10:47 am

By: Sommopfle to Dreamer on Wed Oct 13 2010 21:08:35

I basically used it with jnos, which puts all the special features of the down the drain and uses it in dumb mode. I wonder if their is any interes BBS doors dealing with Packet or Digital modes in general.

Cyan at rrx.ca wrote a service for his Synchronet BBS that allows it to serv as a packet BBS. He uses SExPOTS (digital man's serial -> telnet gate app) facilitate the connection. I've discussed this setup with him a few times a I'm (among several other BBS-related projects, so work is going slowly) work on my own. You might want to contact him or check out his website for more info.

echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com - 416-273-7230

You guys get anywhere with the packet door project? I want to integrate
    packet into my synchro bbs.. Looking to do the whole gammut of telnet/dial up/packet/web access to the bbs.. Its the whole reason I started it!

EmCommNY.synchro.net

Just up a few days and working out the kinks.. Have to get the hardware for packet next..

---
    þ Synchronet þ EmCommNYC - emcommny.synchro.net