• boardgames

From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to All on Tue Feb 9 01:51:00 2021
    Lately, I've been playing boardgames on the computer with friends...remotely- steam has a 'game' called tabletop simulator.. from there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, played Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue.
    Anyone play with this?
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Darkman Almighty on Tue Feb 9 11:20:30 2021
    Re: boardgames
    By: Darkman Almighty to All on Mon Feb 08 2021 05:51 pm

Lately, I've been playing boardgames on the computer with friends...remotely- steam has a 'game' called tabletop simulator..
    from there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, played Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fir
    Rescue.
    Anyone play with this?

I know some people who are into tabletop simulator. I am not one of them :-)

I am lucky and I keep playing with my family. Actual board games.

I have been playing some RPGs over VoiP, though. Lightweight storytelling sype games run very well online. I built a wiki for
    my group to hang their character sheets and notes online and we roll the dice with a bot. Great times.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to DARKMAN ALMIGHTY on Tue Feb 9 14:18:00 2021
    DARKMAN ALMIGHTY wrote to ALL <=-

@VIA: BEERS20
    @MSGID: <6021F30C.2210.dove-hob@vert.synchro.net>
    Lately, I've been playing boardgames on the computer with friends...remotely- steam has a 'game' called tabletop simulator.. from there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, played Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. Anyone play
    with this?

Absolutely! Love it! I've actually made a few mods and uploaded them to
    the workshop...

... Oh, I almost forgot . . . It's absolutley VITAL to insta
    --- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
    þ wcQWK 7.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.org
  • From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to JIMMY ANDERSON on Sat Feb 13 02:47:00 2021
    there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, play Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. Anyone play with this?

Absolutely! Love it! I've actually made a few mods and uploaded them to the workshop...

Awesome, yes, there is quite the list in there. I just find its a good way to still connect with friends... nothing of course beats the face to face in the same room. Previous months, we had been playing Gloomhaven, thats a pretty intense turn based RPG type game. I do miss those nights at the table.. 3 hours later.
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to DARKMAN ALMIGHTY on Sun Feb 14 09:33:00 2021
    DARKMAN ALMIGHTY wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, play Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. Anyone play with this?

Absolutely! Love it! I've actually made a few mods and uploaded them to the workshop...

Awesome, yes, there is quite the list in there. I just find its a good
    way to still connect with friends... nothing of course beats the face
    to face in the same room. Previous months, we had been playing
    Gloomhaven, thats a pretty intense turn based RPG type game. I do miss those nights at the table.. 3 hours later.

One of my buddies had the inclination to play Divine Right again, so we
    busted out Vassal and played a game "live." Well, I couldn't stand it... I wanted to incorporate the optional rules, special mercs and personality
    cards we created, and found on the net, many MANY years ago, so I've been editing and adding to it. :-)

... They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...
    --- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
    þ wcQWK 7.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.org
  • From hollowone@VERT/AMIGAC to Darkman Almighty on Fri Feb 26 06:46:00 2021
    Darkman Almighty wrote to All <=-

Lately, I've been playing boardgames on the computer with friends...remotely- steam has a 'game' called tabletop simulator.. from there you can load up libraries of different boardgames. So far, played Pandemic (of course), Jaipur, Formula 1 and Fire Rescue. Anyone play
    with this?

I played and experimented with Tabletop 2-3 years ago a lot with friends. Mostly playing MtG and then some more rare CCG that are not physically available anyhow (or for reasonable price, like Blood Wars or METW).

Then switched to Battletech and with this one we just made DYI maps and printed robots, found some rules in the attic and added custom ones for the real games and we still play it.

What's your fav on Tabletop to play, perhaps you can convince me to rediscover the app.

/h1
    ... Typing from HackinDOS, iMac converted to work natively with FreeDOS 1.2
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 4,000+ files
  • From Lupine Furmen@VERT/FURFOL to hollowone on Sat Feb 27 01:17:43 2021
    Re: Re: boardgames
    By: hollowone to Darkman Almighty on Thu Feb 25 2021 22:46:00

Then switched to Battletech and with this one we just made DYI maps and

SFnet has echoes for each of the *tech games. As well as many other RPGs.
    -+-

Lupine Furmen
    -Dallas Vinson
    Furmens Folly (FIDO 1:123/257) - telnet: furmenservices.net:23
    SSH: furmenservices.net:23222
    Before the Web - telnet: furmenservices.net:23232
    Legends of Yesteryear (FIDO 1:123/256) - telnet: furmenservices.net:23322
    Sound Source ]|[ - telnet: furmenservices.net:2323

Dallas

... Back up my hard disk? I can't find the reverse switch!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Furmen's Folly - furmenservices.net:23
  • From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to hollowone on Sun Feb 28 19:21:00 2021
    I played and experimented with Tabletop 2-3 years ago a lot with friends. Mostly playing MtG and then some more rare CCG that are not physically available anyhow (or for reasonable price, like Blood Wars or METW).

Then switched to Battletech and with this one we just made DYI maps and printed robots, found some rules in the attic and added custom ones for the real games and we still play it.
    What's your fav on Tabletop to play, perhaps you can convince me to rediscover the app.

I'm sure with everyone in lockdown there has been a number of apps made available. My fav tabletop and in real life.. Pandemic. LOL even before the pandemic too. At some point, we will try some the expansions for it. I don't own any games, all my friends do so I just play what they have. Dead of winter is another one but you need a few people with that. Add discord chat and you're laughing.
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to DARKMAN ALMIGHTY on Sun Feb 28 13:08:00 2021
    DARKMAN ALMIGHTY wrote to HOLLOWONE <=-

I'm sure with everyone in lockdown there has been a number of apps made available. My fav tabletop and in real life.. Pandemic. LOL even before the pandemic too. At some point, we will try some the expansions for
    it. I don't own any games, all my friends do so I just play what they have. Dead of winter is another one but you need a few people with
    that. Add discord chat and you're laughing.

Well... I've played Pandemic ONCE in person - the rest have been solo
    on the iPad and I've NEVER won... I need to play with someone that
    can teach me. :-)

... Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic
    --- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
    þ wcQWK 8.0 ÷ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.org
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Darkman Almighty on Mon Mar 1 11:12:50 2021
    By: Darkman Almighty to hollowone on Sun Feb 28 2021 11:21 am

I played and experimented with Tabletop 2-3 years ago a lot with friends. Mostly playing MtG and then some more rare CC
    that are not physically available anyhow (or for reasonable price, like Blood Wars or METW).

Then switched to Battletech and with this one we just made DYI maps and printed robots, found some rules in the attic a
    added custom ones for the real games and we still play it.

I'm sure with everyone in lockdown there has been a number of apps made available. My fav tabletop and in real life.. Pandem
    LOL even before the pandemic too. At some point, we will try some the expansions for it. I don't own any games, all my frien
    do so I just play what they have. Dead of winter is another one but you need a few people with that. Add discord chat and
    you're laughing.

My friends gave me Dead of Winter as a birthday gift last year. Actually, the self-playable expansion.

I have yet to try it. However, I think it has a fatal flaw as a game. See, when you are a traitor and try to screw the group up
    during a crisis, you put forward a card. The problem is all the cards have an identifier that determines where they were picked
    from. So if you used a car picked from the Police Station, the group will zero you out very quickly because chances are not
    many people has been able to source cards from the Police Station during the game (for example).

Any opinion regarding whether this is an issue during normal play?

--

---
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to JIMMY ANDERSON on Mon Mar 1 11:15:53 2021
    By: JIMMY ANDERSON to DARKMAN ALMIGHTY on Sun Feb 28 2021 05:08 am

DARKMAN ALMIGHTY wrote to HOLLOWONE <=-

I'm sure with everyone in lockdown there has been a number of apps made available. My fav tabletop and in real life..
    Pandemic. LOL even before the pandemic too. At some point, we will try some the expansions for
    it. I don't own any games, all my friends do so I just play what they have. Dead of winter is another one but you need
    few people with
    that. Add discord chat and you're laughing.

I am playing a game of Pandemic right now, and I must say I don't like the game. Half the country is frozen and the gov called
    for martial-law lite. I have been selling lots of vitamins and minerals, so it is not a total loss, but so far the game seems
    boring to me. And nobody gave me the manual alongside the game.

--

---
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to ARELOR on Tue Mar 2 19:04:00 2021
    ARELOR wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

I am playing a game of Pandemic right now, and I must say I don't like
    the game. Half the country is frozen and the gov called for martial-law lite. I have been selling lots of vitamins and minerals, so it is not a total loss, but so far the game seems boring to me. And nobody gave me
    the manual alongside the game.

--

---
    = Synchronet = Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

... I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way.
    --- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to JIMMY ANDERSON on Tue Mar 2 22:32:26 2021
    By: JIMMY ANDERSON to ARELOR on Tue Mar 02 2021 11:04 am

I am playing a game of Pandemic right now, and I must say I don't like the game. Half the country is frozen and the gov called for martial-law lite. I have be
    selling lots of vitamins and minerals, so it is not a total loss, but so far the game
    seems boring to me. And nobody gave me

--

---
    = Synchronet = Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

... I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way.

I don't think you got the joke XD

--

---
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to ARELOR on Tue Mar 2 12:09:00 2021

I am playing a game of Pandemic right now, and I must say I don't like the game. Half the country is frozen and the gov called for martial-law
    lite. I have be
    selling lots of vitamins and minerals, so it is not a total loss, but
    so
    far the game
    seems boring to me. And nobody gave me

I don't think you got the joke XD

I did, but for some reason my reply didn't 'save' :-)

... Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue...
    --- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
  • From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to JIMMY ANDERSON on Sat Mar 6 00:54:00 2021

I've only played it a handful of times.. usually I have to get prompted.
    My buddy owns the game...if I had the game, i would play more often. I get the general idea to it and depending on how many play, its gets a bit more difficult. There are more difficult games that no matter how much I play, its still difficult. 7 wonders comes to mind.
  • From Darkman Almighty@VERT/BEERS20 to Arelor on Sat Mar 6 00:59:00 2021
    My friends gave me Dead of Winter as a birthday gift last year.
    Actually, the self-playable expansion.

I have yet to try it. However, I think it has a fatal flaw as a game.
    See, when

you are a traitor and try to screw the group up
    during a crisis, you put forward a card. The problem is all the cards
    have an identifier that determines where they were picked
    from. So if you used a car picked from the Police Station, the group
    will zero you out very quickly because chances are not
    many people has been able to source cards from the Police Station during the game (for example).

Any opinion regarding whether this is an issue during normal play?
    Oh yes, nice. Theres a self-playable? wow. I seem to recall the game play including a traitor.. and it will take a number of turns before anyone will have a clue. If you play with people who are used to being deceived in games, they can figure it out quicker. It's also your actions that will give you away. Fun game though.
  • From Arelor@VERT/PALANT to Darkman Almighty on Sat Mar 6 13:12:26 2021
    By: Darkman Almighty to Arelor on Fri Mar 05 2021 04:59 pm

Oh yes, nice. Theres a self-playable? wow. I seem to recall the game play including a traitor.. and it will take a number of
    turns before anyone will have a clue. If you play with people who are used to being deceived in games, they can figure it ou
    quicker. It's also your actions that will give you away. Fun game though.

Yes, there is a self playable expansion. It is basically its own game, which you can add to the original one.

I don't have the original one. I got this expension as a birthday gift but I have not come around to play it. There is this
    pandemic going on, you know, so meetings are not something my group is willing to partake in :-)

Maybe the game wil play great, but the traitor mechanic seems severy broken out of the manual. If I ever manage to play this
    game I will bring you may playtest opinions...

--

---