• Barren Realms Elite Frustration

From Dream Master@VERT/CIAD to All on Tue May 25 07:15:27 2021
    Good day! I've been running BRE v0.988 for some time and have noticed a slow down following the "Registration" but prior to the inquiry if you wish to display ANSI. The delay can be upwards of 5 minutes and remains inconsistent. My current dosemu.conf (/sbbs/ctrl/dosemu.conf) is pretty standard with a hogthreshold of 0. Modification of the threshold doesn't do anything prior to the actual gameplay. In the case of my system, this is occurring across four instances of BRE (different InterBBS games). OS Ubuntu Focal, Kernel 5.4.0-73, 4 cores, 8GB memory (yes, overkill, shhh).

Any thoughts on these horrible delays would be appreciated. The other games (Falcon's Eye and The Arcadian Legends) do not experience this issue.

Thank you!

Brian Klauss <-> Dream Master
    Caught in a Dream | caughtinadream.com a Synchronet BBS

---
    þ Synchronet þ Caught in a Dream - caughtinadream.com
  • From Al@VERT/TRMB to Dream Master on Tue May 25 19:25:24 2021
    Re: Barren Realms Elite Frustration
    By: Dream Master to All on Tue May 25 2021 12:15 am

Any thoughts on these horrible delays would be appreciated. The other games (Falcon's Eye and The Arcadian Legends) do not experience this issue.

I remember that from years ago. I don't quite remember the solution but if you are currently reading dorinfo1.def try changing to door.sys or vice versa and see if that helps.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... To err is human, to really screw up it takes a computer!

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to DREAM MASTER on Wed May 26 00:28:00 2021
    Good day! I've been running BRE v0.988 for some time and have noticed a slow wn following the "Registration" but prior to the inquiry if you wish to displa
    ANSI. The delay can be upwards of 5 minutes and remains inconsistent. My cur
    nt dosemu.conf (/sbbs/ctrl/dosemu.conf) is pretty standard with a hogthreshold
    f 0. Modification of the threshold doesn't do anything prior to the actual ga
    play. In the case of my system, this is occurring across four instances of BR
    (different InterBBS games). OS Ubuntu Focal, Kernel 5.4.0-73, 4 cores, 8GB me
    ry (yes, overkill, shhh).

Any thoughts on these horrible delays would be appreciated. The other games (
    lcon's Eye and The Arcadian Legends) do not experience this issue.

Mine does not ask if I wish to display ANSI. I assume it is getting that
    info from the drop file I am passing it. Maybe you could try a different
    drop file format? I am passing my BRE games a DOOR.SYS file.

* SLMR 2.1a * Gotta run, the cat's caught in the printer.

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP