• Spring Break

From Gary Perkins@VERT/BMTSOFT to All on Wed Mar 16 10:12:56 2022
    Amazing how much this sticks with you. I got this set back up in minutes. It's got to be the easiest BBS ever.

I haven't been around much the last several years... I went to college to fill in the gaps on my computer knowledge, and luck would have it that someone was retiring and I got my foot in the door as an adjunct when I got my AAS in 2017. Then yet another person retired and now I'm full time with overloads. I can barely find time to keep going for my bachelor's.

I often tell my students that in order to best understand technology today, it's helpful to look at what came before it. I figured I'd set up a system they can play around with and at least demonstrate in class. I've no idea if anyone will actually use it, but who knows!

Dreamer / Blue Adept / That weird guy in Southeast Texas

---
    þ Synchronet þ Beaumont Software BBS
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Gary Perkins on Wed Mar 16 06:43:13 2022
    Re: Spring Break
    By: Gary Perkins to All on Wed Mar 16 2022 05:12 am

Amazing how much this sticks with you. I got this set back up in minutes. It's got to be the easiest BBS ever.

I haven't been around much the last several years... I went to college to fill in the gaps on my computer knowledge, and luck would have it that someone was retiring and I got my foot in the door as an adjunct when I got my AAS in 2017. Then yet another person retired and now I'm full time with overloads. I can barely find time to keep going for my bachelor's.

I often tell my students that in order to best understand technology today, it's helpful to look at what came before it. I figured I'd set up a system they can play around with and at least demonstrate in class. I've no idea if anyone will actually use it, but who knows!

that's good that you turned your life around.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Zip@VERT/SCBBS to Gary Perkins on Wed Mar 16 14:41:00 2022
    Hello Gary!

On 16 Mar 2022, Gary Perkins said the following...
    I often tell my students that in order to best understand technology today it's helpful to look at what came before it. I figured I'd set up a system can play around with and at least demonstrate in class. I've no idea if an will actually use it, but who knows!

That's cool! I wish they would have done something similar when I was in school... =)

Best regards
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/03/11 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden
  • From Andre@VERT/RDOMENTR to Gary Perkins on Wed Mar 16 11:53:22 2022
    By: Gary Perkins to All on Wed Mar 16 2022 05:12 am

Given that you're saying a classroom, I have to assume high school or lower. Setup twitlist.cfg to filter out MRO messages before you let kids on. If you're lucky he'll just curse at them. Or maybe he'll go full nine and call them f*gs and tell them to f-off.

He seems to be behaving at the moment, but you only have to look back at his messages from a week or two ago to see.

- Andre

---
    þ Synchronet þ Radio Mentor BBS - bbs.radiomentor.org
  • From Gamgee@VERT/PALANT to MRO on Wed Mar 16 12:40:00 2022
    MRO wrote to Gary Perkins <=-

that's good that you turned your life around.

Where did he indicate that he "turned his life around"?

That's right............. he didn't.

... Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Gary Perkins@VERT/BMTSOFT to MRO on Wed Mar 16 22:25:15 2022
    Funnily enough, the thing that drove me to get out of restaurants was the stagnant wages. I was one of the most experienced grill operators for Waffle House, what they now call Rock Star, and I was at my franchisee's top wage of $10.50 in 2014 with no benefits. Shortly after I graduated, the franchise went back to corporate and the last time I helped them out through the holidays, I was paid $14 plus bonuses.

There's a $1 premium for working nights, and my old position was assistant manager on the overnight shift which is 5 ten hour shifts with approved overtime. Altogether, with the little bit of extra hours here and there and bonuses, I would have made over $45k, which is almost as much as I make now.

Of course, I work for the State of Texas, so I've got a pretty good set of benefits and can retire in something like twenty years. But as far as daily living goes, if my wages had doubled before I quit, I would have happily stayed working at someplace I loved. And, I tell ya, if they had told me that I would be *directing* the degree program for years shortly after going full time, I don't know if I would have accepted the job. I was rather looking forward to not being in charge of anything. That's kind of the fringe benefit of starting over.

---
  • From Gary Perkins@VERT/BMTSOFT to Zip on Wed Mar 16 22:45:34 2022
    That's cool! I wish they would have done something similar when I was in school... =)

When they asked me to take over the degree program, I found some documentation from when our college was still part of the 4 year university (the state split us off almost 25 years ago). Our computer information systems program used to have twice the enrollment. I'm sure we lost a lot of that due to most students thinking a 4 year BS CS degree is "better than" a 2 year AAS CIS degree... they're really too different to compare... but, I took a hard look at what we offered and started to completely rework the degree.

The first thing was to stop "teaching from the book". I do select books that have 12-16 chapters so students can have an easy structure to follow, and I assign work from the book, but most of my lectures are spent trying to fill in the why more than the how. Very few of my students are going to graduate experts -- lord knows I didn't. I just want them to be able to discover and research on their own. The first thing I noticed about my students in my first year is that most don't have any critical thinking and reasoning skills.

I figure the best way to reach students who need to learn critical thinking is to get them interested. So, I asked students what they want to learn, and they said "games". When I re-worked the degree, I dropped a couple of courses, changed others to more general topics, and found room to add an introduction to games course (kind of a career overview) and a level design course. At the same time, I added an intro to computers course, because public school here doesn't mandate a CS0 course -- at least, not one I recognize. And I talk about my experiences over my lifetime from 8 bit computing to before the web to today's commercial web. For example, they often get a kick out of me talking about my early hacking to get internet access around 93 to 94. I didn't think of it as hacking back then... dial up the local university library database, press ctrl-c on a certain menu, suspend to a shell, telnet to another system. Of course, as soon as I realized that it was illegal, that was the end of that. But it was two years before I realized how much trouble I could have been in, and I taught myself the basics of Linux and all the internet protocols in that time. Valuable lessons that I can now share with others.

It's certainly a lot more interesting than falling asleep as the instructor works the chapter because I'd already finished it the night before.

---
  • From Zip@VERT/SCBBS to Gary Perkins on Thu Mar 17 00:49:00 2022
    Hello Gary!

On 16 Mar 2022, Gary Perkins said the following...
    was the end of that.But it was two years before I realized how much trou could have been in,and I taught myself the basics of Linux and all the internet protocols in thattime. Valuable lessons that I can now share wi others.It's certainly a lot more interesting than falling asleep as the instructorworks the chapter because I'd already finished it the night before.--- þ Synchronet þ Beaumont Software BBS

Sure is! Being able to share knowledge with others is extremely rewarding. Wwhen those wheels start turning and you know that perhaps -- just perhaps -- you've managed to start their journey...

Best regards
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/03/11 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Gary Perkins on Wed Mar 16 18:47:01 2022
    By: Gary Perkins to Zip on Wed Mar 16 2022 05:45 pm

When they asked me to take over the degree program, I found some documentation from when our college was still part of the 4 year university (the state split us off almost 25 years ago). Our computer information systems program used to have twice the enrollment. I'm sure we lost a lot of that due to most students thinking a 4 year BS CS degree is "better than" a 2 year AAS CIS degree... they're really too different to compare... but, I took a hard look at what we offered and started to completely rework the degree.

The first thing was to stop "teaching from the book". I do select books that have 12-16 chapters so students can have an easy structure to follow, and I assign work from the book, but most of my lectures are spent trying to fill in the why more than the how. Very few of my students are going to graduate

yeah i started over in 2021. I'm now just living for myself. i'm not going to give my whole life to an employer ever again. i'm still making ok money but i know i'm going to be working until i die. I'm in good shape so i am okay with that. i would be bored when retired anyways. my retirement plan is to start a cleaning business with some used equipment and have a few employees as contractors.

right now i dont work 60hrs a week which is fine with me.
    i have aged a lot during the time when i became a workaholic and also i was drinking and drugging myself with melatonin and benedryl just to get asleep.
    the stress, drinking, and hard work has aged me quite a bit.

i'm going to live for myself and spend as much time as i can with my god daughter. she's the only thing that makes me happy.,

one good thing about covid is the wages have increased. they try to bring them down again, but that aint working. once you raise up anything you cant lower it again.
    ---
  • From Gary Perkins@VERT/BMTSOFT to Andre on Thu Mar 17 06:12:53 2022
    By: Andre to Gary Perkins on Wed Mar 16 2022 06:53 am

Given that you're saying a classroom, I have to assume high school or lower. Setup twitlist.cfg to filter out MRO messages before you let kids on. If you're lucky he'll just curse at them. Or maybe he'll go full nine and call them f*gs and tell them to f-off.

He seems to be behaving at the moment, but you only have to look back at his messages from a week or two ago to see.

We're a technical institute, certificates and applied science degrees mostly. I know who MRO is; I've been in and out of the scene since before '05. :)

As far as I'm concerned, the earlier students learn the realities of asking for help the better. Sticks and stones and all that.

---
  • From Gary Perkins@VERT/BMTSOFT to Gamgee on Thu Mar 17 06:19:22 2022
    Re: Re: Spring Break
    By: Gamgee to MRO on Wed Mar 16 2022 07:40 am

My financial life is definitely better. Unfortunately, since I went from a physically demanding job to a desk job, my health definitely isn't doing good. I've always been a little heavier. Last I checked, I went from 220 to 270.

Considering I'm already in my mid-forties, I've pretty much resigned myself to sticking it out for the next twenty years. I can retire before 70. If you'd have asked me five years ago, I would have guessed I'd be working full time until I died.

---
  • From Gary Perkins@VERT/BMTSOFT to Zip on Thu Mar 17 06:22:45 2022
    By: Zip to Gary Perkins on Wed Mar 16 2022 07:49 pm

Sure is! Being able to share knowledge with others is extremely rewarding. Wwhen those wheels start turning and you know that perhaps -- just perhaps -- you've managed to start their journey...

I live for those moments. I throw a lot at them, and they don't always remember anything. Some students forget how to create a variable after finishing a Java class. But some actually learn to do some neat stuff, and I love it when they're able to connect several courses together to create something legit. They do get excited, and I love helping them take it to the next level.

Hopefully the program will grow and I'll get more of that. Class sizes right now are depressing.

---
  • From Gary Perkins@VERT/BMTSOFT to MRO on Thu Mar 17 06:28:01 2022
    By: MRO to Gary Perkins on Wed Mar 16 2022 01:47 pm

right now i dont work 60hrs a week which is fine with me.

Yep, some semesters I'm pushing 50 to 60 hours a week. It sucks. Another reason I'm hoping to get more students in. I'm on the cusp of needing to hire another instructor. At least the money is good. This semester I'm making almost double my base pay. The only reason I haven't hired another adjunct is most students don't ask for help.

---
  • From Gamgee@VERT/PALANT to Gary Perkins on Thu Mar 17 12:25:00 2022
    Gary Perkins wrote to Gamgee <=-

By: Gamgee to MRO on Wed Mar 16 2022 07:40 am

My financial life is definitely better. Unfortunately, since I
    went from a physically demanding job to a desk job, my health
    definitely isn't doing good. I've always been a little heavier.
    Last I checked, I went from 220 to 270.

There's more to health and weight than what you do for a job. Pay
    attention to your diet, and excercise. I know, it's easy to say and
    hard to do. But think about it.... when you're *NOT* working, what are
    you doing? What do you do on the weekends? You can fix things if you
    want to.

Considering I'm already in my mid-forties, I've pretty much
    resigned myself to sticking it out for the next twenty years. I
    can retire before 70. If you'd have asked me five years ago, I
    would have guessed I'd be working full time until I died.

Well, that's good, I guess.

... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to Gary Perkins on Thu Mar 17 19:24:26 2022
    By: Gary Perkins to Gamgee on Thu Mar 17 2022 01:19:22

My financial life is definitely better. Unfortunately, since I went from a physically demanding job to a desk job, my health definitely isn't doing good. I've always been a little heavier. Last I checked, I went from 220 to 270.

Most of the jobs I worked for the first ten years were physically demanding. I ended up at a desk job in my late twenties and all of that activity ceased. My metabolism naturally slowed down at that age as well. I'd always been fairly thin, then suddenly I wasn't, to the tune of about 45 extra lbs that crept up over a period of years.

Exercise is important, but it was diet that made the biggest difference for me. I built some extra walking into my schedule and made big changes to what I eat. There's a lot of junk / fast food I almost never touch anymore; it seemed like a big sacrifice at the time. I don't miss any of it now, and some of it seems downright disgusting.

I lost all the extra weight over the course of six months and it's been gone for eight years now. I think. I don't weigh myself anymore and can only guess. If I start feeling like I'm carrying a little extra, I make some adjustments until it goes away. The only weight that matters is the one where you feel comfortable (with your health, your appearance, whatever).

---
    echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to echicken on Thu Mar 17 18:16:48 2022
    By: echicken to Gary Perkins on Thu Mar 17 2022 02:24 pm

I lost all the extra weight over the course of six months and it's been gone for eight years now. I think. I don't weigh myself anymore and can only guess. If I start feeling like I'm carrying a little extra, I make some adjustments until it goes away. The only weight that matters is the one where you feel comfortable (with your health, your appearance, whatever).

it's helpful to have a scale. losing weight is easy but keeping it off is the hard part. having a scale lets you know for sure you need to make a correction.

i've been cheating a lot, but most of the time i am eating greek yogurt and meat for my lunches at work.

i got some nice big chicken breasts and i like to have cauliflower and brocolli. love my air fryer.
    ---
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to MRO on Fri Mar 18 00:25:16 2022
    By: MRO to echicken on Thu Mar 17 2022 13:16:48

it's helpful to have a scale. losing weight is easy but keeping it off is the hard part. having a scale lets you know for sure you need to make a correction.

For me the first week or two of losing weight was the hard part, and it slowly got easier from there. It was a big lifestyle change, and one I haven't gone back on, so keeping the weight off hasn't been much of an issue.

I weighed myself once a week back then, and kept at it for a long time, but I rarely bother anymore. It's pretty easy for me to tell when I need to make an adjustment, but other people will carry extra weight in different ways. I can't miss it when it happens.

i got some nice big chicken breasts and i like to have cauliflower and brocolli. love my air fryer.

I've always eaten tons of veggies, and chicken more than any other meat. Can never get enough of either bread or potatoes, so I try to limit that. Eat vegetarian a couple of nights each week (chili and stew make this easy).

Air fryers are great. We had one of the older round ones with a paddle inside that stirred the food, but it died last year. Now just using the air fry setting in our toaster oven, which works fine. Produces amazing chicken wings.

---
    echicken
    ---
  • From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to MRO on Thu Mar 17 20:40:12 2022
    By: MRO to echicken on Thu Mar 17 2022 01:16 pm

love my air fryer.

How do you like that Air Fryer. I've been thinking about getting one to cut down on fatty oils. Just don't want to throw money away.

SysOp: C.G. Learn, AKA: DesotoFireflite
    Valhalla Home Services! - (Synchronet) - bbs.valhallabbs.com
    Valhalla II! - (GAP) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:24
    Valhalla III! - (RemoteAccess) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:5023
    Valhalla IIII! - (Dungeons & Dragons BBS) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:26
    Valhalla Home Services Web! - http://bbs.valhallabbs.com
    A Gamers Paradise - Over 150 Registered Online Game Doors!
    Home Of Odin's Maze Game Server!

--- FART(n): An audio test of one's waste-disposal system.
    þ Synchronet þ Valhalla Home Services þ USA þ http://valhalla.synchro.net
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to echicken on Fri Mar 18 09:17:26 2022
    By: echicken to MRO on Thu Mar 17 2022 07:25 pm

For me the first week or two of losing weight was the hard part, and it slowly got easier from there. It was a big lifestyle change, and one I haven't gone back on, so keeping the weight off hasn't been much of an issue.

the first time i lost a lot of weight, which was maybe 80lbs total, it was through a lot of aggressive walking and a diet. i walked about 4 miles a day and had turkey sandwiches. it didnt take long to drop that weight. any cheating food i had would immediately put weight back on me. i also hit a plateau and couldn't lose weight no matter how much exercise i got. it might be because it was winter and i was walking outside. i tried gyms and hated it.

the recent time i lost weight it's about 50+ lbs, and that's through mostly diet. i went low carb and i don't walk because i've been working so many hours. i really do need to walk and get exercise. this time i've been taking it easy and i'm focusing on keeping it off. like i said, i've been cheating but i also dont knock back the carbs like i used to.

If i gain weight i just pay attention and in a few days it's back to normal again.

i'm being real casual about it and also i don't want to lose so much i have loose skin. my body shape is farmboy/football player and i'm not big and round. my stomach just sticks out a little and i need to lose weight all around my body.

you can really eat better low carb. it just takes effort to make the food. it's hard to get decent low carb food at restaurants.

recently i tried the mod pizza cauliflower crust and it was fine. i'm not even sure if that was the right crust.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to DesotoFireflite on Fri Mar 18 09:19:18 2022
    By: DesotoFireflite to MRO on Thu Mar 17 2022 03:40 pm

By: MRO to echicken on Thu Mar 17 2022 01:16 pm

love my air fryer.

How do you like that Air Fryer. I've been thinking about getting one to cut down on fatty oils. Just don't want to throw money away.

it's pretty much the only thing i use to cook with now. other than my cast iron skillet.

i recommend this for a starter one
    https://preview.tinyurl.com/y88dg27o

it's so good i got one as a gift. i also got a different rack for inside. a wire rack.
    ---
  • From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to MRO on Fri Mar 18 12:10:15 2022
    By: MRO to DesotoFireflite on Fri Mar 18 2022 04:19 am

By: DesotoFireflite to MRO on Thu Mar 17 2022 03:40 pm
    How do you like that Air Fryer. I've been thinking about getting one
    to cut down on fatty oils. Just don't want to throw money away.

it's pretty much the only thing i use to cook with now. other than my cast iron skillet.

I just purchased a flat top cast iron top for my range, which is the best thing I've erve done. cooks very evenly over the 4 burners.

For simple cooking I've been using a George Forman grill to try to reduce the greese in the foods, but it dries the meat out so much.

i recommend this for a starter one
    https://preview.tinyurl.com/y88dg27o

I was looking at this model the other day online, alonf with some others. I'm so hard to please, that I wanted to gets someones recomendation. Now that I see how mych you like it, I think I'm gonna take the plungs and get one.

At 70, I've got to change my eating habits now, and the air fryer seems to be the way to go. I've managed to loose about 40 pounds going hi protein, low carb, but it's very limited on what you can eat. I'm thinking the air fryer might open up the selections a bit.

--- Don't eat the yellow snow!
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to DesotoFireflite on Fri Mar 18 12:09:37 2022
    By: DesotoFireflite to MRO on Fri Mar 18 2022 07:10 am

I just purchased a flat top cast iron top for my range, which is the best thing I've erve done. cooks very evenly over the 4 burners.

i also have a tfal platinum skillet which is great. tfal has really improved over the years.

For simple cooking I've been using a George Forman grill to try to reduce the greese in the foods, but it dries the meat out so much.

you wont have that problem with air fyer . food comes out great
    a guy i know what using meat patties and overcooking them in the air fryer, though. he was using the recommended settings for meat but with those patties they are designed to cook faster.

At 70, I've got to change my eating habits now, and the air fryer seems to be the way to go. I've managed to loose about 40 pounds going hi protein, low carb, but it's very limited on what you can eat. I'm thinking the air fryer might open up the selections a bit.

vegetables come out very flavorful too. i wish i would have got it sooner.
    ---
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to MRO on Fri Mar 18 18:21:24 2022
    By: MRO to echicken on Fri Mar 18 2022 04:17:26

cheating food i had would immediately put weight back on me. i also hit a

Pretty much the same here. I can get away with a little bit, but the important thing is not to make a habit of it. I've probably eaten potato chips once, maybe twice per year over the past eight years. Before that, it was once or twice a week. Same goes for other junk.

plateau and couldn't lose weight no matter how much exercise i got. it

I reached a point like that, but it was ridiculous and I was too thin. I'd hit the lower limit and it was too far. Gained some back and have stayed within 15 lbs of that ever since. Probably 15 lbs above that weight now, but a lot of it is muscle from an unusual amount of activity the past couple of years.

might be because it was winter and i was walking outside. i tried gyms and hated it.

many hours. i really do need to walk and get exercise. this time i've been

I've never even tried a gym. I know that I would hate it and I know that I wouldn't be able to make myself go regularly. Something about it just goes against my personality.

Sometimes I hate living in the city, but it's an easy place to build walking into your daily routine. I can walk to the grocery store or to get anything else I need. I used to take the subway to work and it was easy to drop a couple of stops from the trip, one at each end, and add another 30-40 mins of walking each day.

and round. my stomach just sticks out a little and i need to lose weight

This is where it always hits me first. If I see it protruding or feel a wobble there, I know it's time to cut back on something.

---
    echicken
    ---
  • From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to MRO on Fri Mar 18 17:18:18 2022
    By: MRO to DesotoFireflite on Fri Mar 18 2022 07:09 am

By: DesotoFireflite to MRO on Fri Mar 18 2022 07:10 am

For simple cooking I've been using a George Forman grill to try to
    reduce the greese in the foods, but it dries the meat out so much.

you wont have that problem with air fyer . food comes out great
    a guy i know what using meat patties and overcooking them in the air fryer, though. he was using the recommended settings for meat but with those patties they are designed to cook faster.

Man, thar sounds great, had no idea they worked that well. I have a covection microwave also, but that's a waist of time, foods never come out that good.

At 70, I've got to change my eating habits now, and the air fryer
    seems to be the way to go. I've managed to loose about 40 pounds going
    hi protein, low carb, but it's very limited on what you can eat. I'm
    thinking the air fryer might open up the selections a bit.

Awesome, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase one. Thanks for the help.

--- FART(n): An audio test of one's waste-disposal system.
  • From deon@VERT/ALTERANT to DesotoFireflite on Sat Mar 19 14:49:36 2022
    By: DesotoFireflite to MRO on Fri Mar 18 2022 12:18 pm

Howdy,

Awesome, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase one. Thanks for the help.

I would recommend an air-fryer too. I heard a lot of folks giving it praise and I asked my wife about it, but she wasnt keen. "Not another device in the kitchen, no where to put it."

I had some frequent flyer points that I had to spend, so I bit the bullet and got one to try out.

I think we use it every day, and if not once a day, its twice. So much quicker than the regular oven, without any disadvantage. (Actually the only disadvantage is that its smaller, so making a "meal" sometimes means doing 2-3 batches of stuff.

Chicken is defintely better, but we put almost everything in it now. The good ol' Aussie meat pie, which could easily take 40-50 mins (from freezer to table) takes sub 20.

I think the best appliance we have, and definately the one most used now.

...ëîåï

---
    þ Synchronet þ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to deon on Sat Mar 19 07:09:12 2022
    By: deon to DesotoFireflite on Sat Mar 19 2022 09:49 am

Chicken is defintely better, but we put almost everything in it now. The good ol' Aussie meat pie, which could easily take 40-50 mins (from freezer to table) takes sub 20.

i was afraid my chicken breasts being dried out. especially when i've overcooked them a few times in the air fryer. they come out great.

you just have to flip the meat when you are cooking in an air fryer.
    ---
  • From DesotoFireflite@VERT/VALHALLA to deon on Sat Mar 19 13:26:09 2022
    By: deon to DesotoFireflite on Sat Mar 19 2022 09:49 am

Howdy,

vegetables come out very flavorful too. i wish i would have got it
    sooner.

Awesome, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase one. Thanks
    for the help.

I would recommend an air-fryer too. I heard a lot of folks giving it praise and I asked my wife about it, but she wasnt keen. "Not another device in the kitchen, no where to put it."

I think we use it every day, and if not once a day, its twice. So much quicker than the regular oven, without any disadvantage. (Actually the only disadvantage is that its smaller, so making a "meal" sometimes means doing 2-3 batches of stuff.

Thanks for the recomendation. The smaller size of the oven would help me make smaller portions, therefore, more weight loss, which is actually my end game.

this along with MRO's recomendations, I will be purchasing one soon. I've been looking on amazon since thursday. I went out to Lowes and Wally World yesterday to see them up close before ordering. So many choices LOL. I will most likely get the one MRO showed me.

--- CAT (n.), Furry keyboard cover.