• "exceeds the maximum (100

From SYS64738@VERT/DIBZNET to All on Mon Sep 26 09:42:00 2022
    I keep getting this error for various users concerning their netmail inbox. I searched the wiki to find out where the variable is located in Synchronet so
    I could maybe raise the maximum, but I couldn't find where that was
    documented anywhere.

Any ideas?
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to SYS64738 on Mon Sep 26 11:38:56 2022
    Re: "exceeds the maximum (100
    By: SYS64738 to All on Mon Sep 26 2022 04:42 am

I keep getting this error for various users concerning their netmail inbox. I searched the wiki to find out where the variable is located in Synchronet so
    I could maybe raise the maximum, but I couldn't find where that was documented anywhere.

Any ideas?

you need to put the error in the post probably.

all i see is "Subj: "exceeds the maximum (100 "

go into your new user settings and see if anything looks weird.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Digital Man@VERT to SYS64738 on Mon Sep 26 16:55:58 2022

I could maybe raise the maximum, but I couldn't find where that was documented anywhere.

Any ideas?

This is the wrong message area for Synchronet support questions (that are not specific to DOVE-Net in some way).

The "max msgs per users" in their inbox is configured in the mail server configuration (sbbs.ini or in SBBSCTRL for Windows).
    --
    digital man (rob)

Rush quote #68:
    He's a radio receiver, tuned to factories and farms .. New World Man
    Norco, CA WX: 89.9øF, 29.0% humidity, 5 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to SYS64738 on Mon Sep 26 16:58:06 2022
    By: Digital Man to SYS64738 on Mon Sep 26 2022 11:55 am

Any ideas?

This is the wrong message area for Synchronet support questions (that are not specific to DOVE-Net in some way).

The "max msgs per users" in their inbox is configured in the mail server configuration (sbbs.ini or in SBBSCTRL for Windows).

Additionally, the 'W' exemption can be given to individual users to make them exempt from the max-mail-msgs limit.
    --
    digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #25:
    Karl: they seen fit to put me in here and here I've been a great long while. Norco, CA WX: 89.9øF, 29.0% humidity, 5 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net