• Synchronet Doors

From SYS64738@VERT/DIBZNET to All on Mon Nov 21 02:27:00 2022
    Is there a reliable repository of Synchronet doors somewhere on the web that work with the more current versions of Synchronet? All of the repositories I have come across seem to be way outdated and incompatible with the latest versions.

Thanks!
  • From Digital Man@VERT to SYS64738 on Mon Nov 21 01:24:01 2022
    Re: Synchronet Doors
    By: SYS64738 to All on Sun Nov 20 2022 08:27 pm

Is there a reliable repository of Synchronet doors somewhere on the web that work with the more current versions of Synchronet? All of the repositories I have come across seem to be way outdated and incompatible with the latest versions.

This is really the wrong sub-board for Synchronet-specific questions, but anyway, most door games are compatible with Synchronet for Windows (or Synchronet for Linux w/DOSEMU).

What door games, specifically, are incompatible with the latest versions of Synchronet?
    --
    digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #76:
    SSL = Secure Sockets Layer (precursor to TLS)
    Norco, CA WX: 58.8øF, 20.0% humidity, 0 mph NE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From SYS64738@VERT/DIBZNET to Digital Man on Tue Nov 22 01:37:00 2022
    This is really the wrong sub-board for Synchronet-specific questions, but anyway, most door games are compatible with Synchronet for Windows (or Synchronet for Linux w/DOSEMU).

Yes, my mistake. I guess I saw "sysops only" and went for it. Sorry.

What door games, specifically, are incompatible with the latest versions of Synchronet?

Are there any that are less troublesome to install than others? I would
    assume that would be any that were most recently updated, but perhaps there
    are some that were made for other bbs platforms that are notoriously less compatible with Synchronet?
  • From Digital Man@VERT to SYS64738 on Tue Nov 22 02:21:39 2022
    Re: Re: Synchronet Doors
    By: SYS64738 to Digital Man on Mon Nov 21 2022 07:37 pm

Are there any that are less troublesome to install than others? I would assume that would be any that were most recently updated, but perhaps there are some that were made for other bbs platforms that are notoriously less compatible with Synchronet?

No, even doors that haven't been updated since the 1980s (long before Synchronet even existed) work great with Synchronet.
    --
    digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #26:
    DSZ = DOS Send ZMODEM (by Chuck Forsberg)
    Norco, CA WX: 60.9øF, 17.0% humidity, 0 mph NNE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to SYS64738 on Tue Nov 22 04:19:27 2022
    By: SYS64738 to Digital Man on Mon Nov 21 2022 07:37 pm

Are there any that are less troublesome to install than others? I would assume that would be any that were most recently updated, but perhaps there are some that were made for other bbs platforms that are notoriously less compatible with Synchronet?

you should be able to install pretty much any doorgame with synchronet.
    setting up a doorgame should take no longer than a few minutes.

there aren't really doorgames that are made for other bbs platforms other than mbbs or wildcat!.

have you tried installing doorgames?
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From SYS64738@VERT/DIBZNET to Digital Man on Tue Nov 22 08:21:00 2022
    Are there any that are less troublesome to install than others? I would assume that would be any that were most recently updated, but perhaps t are some that were made for other bbs platforms that are notoriously le compatible with Synchronet?

No, even doors that haven't been updated since the 1980s (long before Synchronet even existed) work great with Synchronet.

Hmmm...must be the operator (me). I'll keep at it.
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to SYS64738 on Tue Nov 22 10:07:50 2022
    By: SYS64738 to Digital Man on Tue Nov 22 2022 02:21 am

Hmmm...must be the operator (me). I'll keep at it.

just don't try to hard.

like you can just make your dropfile in the doorgame's directory. you don't have to have it go to a different directory for each node and then set it up for each node in the door's configuration.

people say don't do this but i never had an issue and i have a lot of doorgames and i've had more than one person play the same doors at once.
    they never went in logged in as the other guy in the doorgame.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::