• Re: Mobile-friendly web p

From SYS64738@VERT/DIBZNET to Digital Man on Tue Nov 22 01:33:00 2022
    I'm looking to make the web version of the bbs it a more mobile-friendl design. Has anyone else done this or am I pioneering here?

ecWebv4 is based on bootstrap, which is mobile-friendly. What "web version" are you referring to?

The web version that isn't microscopic on a phone screen. I know that sounds like a snippy reply, but I'm not sure how else to describe it.

When I try to access it from any phone, it's always a desktop version regardless if I request a mobile version.
  • From Digital Man@VERT to SYS64738 on Tue Nov 22 02:19:59 2022
    Re: Re: Mobile-friendly web p
    By: SYS64738 to Digital Man on Mon Nov 21 2022 07:33 pm

I'm looking to make the web version of the bbs it a more mobile-friendl design. Has anyone else done this or am I pioneering here?

ecWebv4 is based on bootstrap, which is mobile-friendly. What "web version" are you referring to?

The web version that isn't microscopic on a phone screen. I know that sounds like a snippy reply, but I'm not sure how else to describe it.

You're likely running the old legacy/Runemaster Web UI. Switch to ecWebv4 and you won't have that problem any more.

When I try to access it from any phone, it's always a desktop version regardless if I request a mobile version.

Do you get a better experience when accessing web.synchro.net from your phone? That's ecWebv4. Use it on your own BBS too.
    --
    digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #6:
    Karl: he should've had a chance to grow up. He would had fun some time.
    Norco, CA WX: 61.2øF, 17.0% humidity, 1 mph N wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to SYS64738 on Tue Nov 22 04:17:27 2022
    By: SYS64738 to Digital Man on Mon Nov 21 2022 07:33 pm

YOU are the one with the issue.
    do a screenshot.

does it look like this?
    https://i.imgur.com/C3eV7MQ.png

if not, you are using the runemaster version or you have a phone browser issue. ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From SYS64738@VERT/DIBZNET to Digital Man on Tue Nov 22 08:20:00 2022
    You're likely running the old legacy/Runemaster Web UI. Switch to
    ecWebv4 and you won't have that problem any more.

Never mind. I figured it out before I read the above. You had it figured right that I was using the wrong version...lol

Thanks for the help!
  • From SYS64738@VERT/DIBZNET to MRO on Tue Nov 22 08:24:00 2022

I thought I was clear when I said that I was the one with the issue...

To state it accurately, you should have said "YOU are the issue" which I
    admit. lol
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to SYS64738 on Tue Nov 22 10:09:12 2022
    By: SYS64738 to MRO on Tue Nov 22 2022 02:24 am

I thought I was clear when I said that I was the one with the issue...

To state it accurately, you should have said "YOU are the issue" which I admit. lol

oh, i thought you thought it was like that for everyone else.

regardless, using the bbs on a mobile device isn't really that fun.
    website or not.
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::