• Programming language concept I have been working on | Kowalski

From Deavmi@VERT/TECHQRY to All on Wed Nov 25 18:23:32 2015
    I have been working on a design for a programming language that I like to call Kowalski and just felt that I could share some of the syntax with you guys. :).

I am still working on the whole syntax of the language but I thought I coudl share some with y'all.

So let's begin:

Variable declarations are as follows:

! declare myVar

You can assign a value to a variable by using the `set` function:

:: myVar set 21

WHat happens above is that the interpreter will read all elements of that line of code after the `::` and the variable's identifier `myVar` and will execute it as a shell command and then get the output of the command and assign that to the variable in memeory (or on disk (cool ey?)) and then `myVar` will have the value of `21`.

---
    þ Synchronet þ TechnoQuarry BBS
  • From Deavmi@VERT/TECHQRY to Deavmi on Wed Nov 25 18:25:06 2015
    I have been working on a design for a programming language that I like to call Kowalski and just felt that I could share some of the syntax with you guys. :).

I am still working on the whole syntax of the language but I thought I coudl share some with y'all.

So let's begin:

Variable declarations are as follows:

! declare myVar

You can assign a value to a variable by using the `set` function:

:: myVar set 21

WHat happens above is that the interpreter will read all elements of that line of code after the `::` and the variable's identifier `myVar` and will execute it as a shell command and then get the output of the command and assign that to the variable in memeory (or on disk (cool ey?)) and then `myVar` will have the value of `21`.

There is a lot more that has to still be done and thought of about the syntax and the whole working of things in terms of the interpreter. But I hope y'all enjoyed. :)

---
    þ Synchronet þ TechnoQuarry BBS