• Baja Mod Problem..

From Melkor@VERT/STARFRON to All on Fri Sep 9 03:52:00 2005
    I recently installed the CafeSmeg suite of baja mods.. Everything seems to work fine but its getting the dates wrong.. (Says today is Aug 26,1996 or something like that.. This is the recent version that was uploaded to vert.. Not being real great at Baja I have no idea where I would even need to look to figure out this problem.. Everything else seems to work fine..

Join StarNet today.. Http://starfrontiers.dyndns.org

---
    þ Synchronet þ Star Frontiers Home of StarNet Telnet://starfrontiers.dyndns.org
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Melkor on Fri Sep 9 05:17:00 2005
    Re: Baja Mod Problem..
    By: Melkor to All on Thu Sep 08 2005 20:52:00

I recently installed the CafeSmeg suite of baja mods.. Everything seems to w fine but its getting the dates wrong.. (Says today is Aug 26,1996 or somethi like that.. This is the recent version that was uploaded to vert.. Not being real great at Baja I have no idea where I would even need to look to figure this problem.. Everything else seems to work fine..

I'll need a bit more detail of course... however, you'll probobly want to download the even recenter one. :-) 1.4 is the latest upload.

Basically, let me know which modules are having what problems where.

---
    þ Synchronet þ ``Penguins make tasty snacks''
  • From Angus McLeod@VERT/ANJO to Melkor on Fri Sep 9 06:14:00 2005
    By: Melkor to All on Thu Sep 08 2005 20:52:00

I recently installed the CafeSmeg suite of baja mods.. Everything seems to w fine but its getting the dates wrong.. (Says today is Aug 26,1996 or somethi like that.. This is the recent version that was uploaded to vert.. Not being real great at Baja I have no idea where I would even need to look to figure this problem.. Everything else seems to work fine..

You could try the new 'unbaja' compiler, look at the generated source, and
    see if any changes suggest themselves...

---
    þ Synchronet þ Where we BAJA Rob into writing our modules. The ANJO BBS
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Angus McLeod on Fri Sep 9 06:29:00 2005
    By: Angus McLeod to Melkor on Thu Sep 08 2005 23:14:00

I recently installed the CafeSmeg suite of baja mods.. Everything seems t fine but its getting the dates wrong.. (Says today is Aug 26,1996 or some like that.. This is the recent version that was uploaded to vert.. Not be real great at Baja I have no idea where I would even need to look to figu this problem.. Everything else seems to work fine..

You could try the new 'unbaja' compiler, look at the generated source, and see if any changes suggest themselves...

Actually all the source is included (courtesy of unbaja already) :-)

---
  • From Angus McLeod@VERT/ANJO to Deuce on Fri Sep 9 14:06:00 2005
    By: Deuce to Angus McLeod on Thu Sep 08 2005 23:29:00

I recently installed the CafeSmeg suite of baja mods....

You could try the new 'unbaja' compiler, look at the generated source, an see if any changes suggest themselves...

Cool! When I heard of unbaja I immediately thought of old Smeg's little routines. Didn't know they'd already been done!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Where we BAJA Rob into writing our modules. The ANJO BBS
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Deuce on Fri Sep 9 15:28:00 2005
    By: Deuce to Angus McLeod on Fri Sep 09 2005 12:29 am

By: Angus McLeod to Melkor on Thu Sep 08 2005 23:14:00

I recently installed the CafeSmeg suite of baja mods.. Everything seem fine but its getting the dates wrong.. (Says today is Aug 26,1996 or s like that.. This is the recent version that was uploaded to vert.. Not real great at Baja I have no idea where I would even need to look to f this problem.. Everything else seems to work fine..

You could try the new 'unbaja' compiler, look at the generated source, an see if any changes suggest themselves...

hmm, I tryed to recompile the smegregi.src
    don't work, it says lots of dupe labels.

Help! I've fallen and... Hey! nice carpet!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Corey on Fri Sep 9 16:57:00 2005
    By: Corey to Deuce on Fri Sep 09 2005 08:28:00

You need the latest and greatest baja from CVS... smegregi.src is what prompted the recent changes to BAJA in CVS.

Or, you could let me know what the error is and I can fix it and upload the fixed version.

---
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Deuce on Fri Sep 9 16:23:00 2005
    By: Deuce to Corey on Fri Sep 09 2005 10:57 am

By: Corey to Deuce on Fri Sep 09 2005 08:28:00

You need the latest and greatest baja from CVS... smegregi.src is what promp the recent changes to BAJA in CVS.

Or, you could let me know what the error is and I can fix it and upload the fixed version.

I found the problem. I tryed to recompile the decompiled version in the zip.
    I decompiled the bin and now it's fine. now all we need is to figure out those wierd varibles.

Help! I've fallen and... Hey! nice carpet!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Melkor@VERT/STARFRON to Deuce on Fri Sep 9 17:47:00 2005

I'll need a bit more detail of course... however, you'll probobly want to download the even recenter one. :-) 1.4 is the latest upload.
    Ok did this now this is what I get.. When I logon its saying an error opening the registry index file.. This is normal if there are no profiles but I added mine and it still does this. (Maybe I messed up upgrading to 1.4 somewhere?) Also when I hit C for the chat inside of smeg cafe It locks up and then says sbbsctrl has encountered an error and needs to close.. Im running the latest CVS update (3.13) win32 under xp pro...

---
  • From Melkor@VERT/STARFRON to Deuce on Fri Sep 9 18:16:00 2005

Ok.. I got the update to take properly now and I only have 2 problems that I have found so far..

For my profile it lists me as a Sagurtarius (sp?) when in fact it should be virgo.. (Sept 12th).. It also shows my age as 4003450 (just an example) but it shows it correct (36) in other areas.. That and It still gives me the sbbsctrl has encountered and error and needs to close when I try to use the Chat rooms or whatever it is for the C command within cafe smeg..

---
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Melkor on Fri Sep 9 19:08:00 2005
    By: Melkor to Deuce on Fri Sep 09 2005 11:16:00

I'll need a bit more detail of course... however, you'll probobly want to download the even recenter one. :-) 1.4 is the latest upload. Basically, let me know which modules are having what problems where.
    Ok.. I got the update to take properly now and I only have 2 problems that I have found so far..

For my profile it lists me as a Sagurtarius (sp?) when in fact it should be virgo.. (Sept 12th).. It also shows my age as 4003450 (just an example) but shows it correct (36) in other areas.. That and It still gives me the sbbsct has encountered and error and needs to close when I try to use the Chat room or whatever it is for the C command within cafe smeg..

It seem to have it fixed here... would you mind connecting to my system at nix.synchro.net and create your profile? I happen to actually BE Sagitarius so it showing me as that is actually correct. :-)

Not sure about the chat thing... I'll look into it once all other issues are fix (it works perfectly here... for me...)

When reporting errors, please state exactly which screen is displaying the problem. You can hopefully understand that your description above doesn't actually say where it's showing an age of 4003450. Give the steps from the main menu to see the bad data please.

---
  • From Melkor@VERT/STARFRON to Deuce on Sat Sep 10 02:13:00 2005

actually say where it's showing an age of 4003450. Give the steps from the main menu to see the bad data please.
    When you do the Birthdays this month.. It shows my Name and the correct birthday but shows my age.. And this is the exact I just wrote down..
    as 4294967233... 36 is old enough as it is with out that mistake..:)

---
  • From Melkor@VERT/STARFRON to Deuce on Sat Sep 10 04:01:00 2005

nix.synchro.net and create your profile? I happen to actually BE Sagitarius it showing me as that is actually correct. :-)
    Just a side note to let you know that the oracle door gets my sign right

---
  • From Warp 4@VERT/WNYIX to Angus McLeod on Sun Sep 11 06:03:00 2005
    By: Angus McLeod to Deuce on Fri Sep 09 2005 08:06 am

Cool! When I heard of unbaja I immediately thought of old Smeg's little routines. Didn't know they'd already been done!

Funny, when I heard of that I immediately remembered a nice little utility
    I used to use for Wildcat! 4.x called WCCNOSY :)

---
    þ Synchronet þ Buffalo Online * Linux Powered! * wolfe.mine.nu
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Warp 4 on Sun Sep 11 05:42:00 2005
    By: Warp 4 to Angus McLeod on Sat Sep 10 2005 23:03:00

Funny, when I heard of that I immediately remembered a nice little utility
    I used to use for Wildcat! 4.x called WCCNOSY :)

If you don't feel like fixing it, ship me a copy and I will.

---