• BinkIT Logs?

From Underminer@VERT/UNDRMINE to All on Wed Apr 21 03:01:37 2021
    Hey all,
    I might be missing something obvious. I'm potentially at least partially transitioning from Binkd to BinkIT due to the niceties of having it tied in a little more tightly with the board, but is there any method to get a separate logfile produced by BinkIT rather than relying on the sbbsecho and syslogs?
    ---
    Underminer - The Undermine BBS
    þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Underminer on Wed Apr 21 04:36:18 2021
    Re: BinkIT Logs?
    By: Underminer to All on Tue Apr 20 2021 08:01 pm

Hey all,
    I might be missing something obvious. I'm potentially at least partially transitioning from Binkd to BinkIT due to the niceties of having it tied in a little more tightly with the board, but is there any method to get a separate logfile produced by BinkIT rather than relying on the sbbsecho and syslogs?

BinkIT doesn't log to sbbsecho.log. The BinkIT/BinkP outbound connections will log whereever your timed events are logged. While your inbound BinkP/BinkIT connections will be logged whereever your services are logging. If that's syslog on your system, then that's where you'll find the log messages.
    --
    digital man

Rush quote #62:
    He's a restless young romantic, wants to run the big machine .. New World Man Norco, CA WX: 54.1øF, 85.0% humidity, 0 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Ragnarok@VERT/DOCKSUD to Underminer on Wed Apr 21 11:26:28 2021
    El 20/4/21 a las 23:01, Underminer escribi¢:
    Hey all,
    ---
    Underminer - The Undermine BBS
    ¨ Synchronet ¨ My Brand-New BBS

You can use rsyslogd with filters to send the binkit logs to custom file:

https://www.thegeekdiary.com/etc-rsyslog-conf-setup-a-filter-to-discard-or-redirect-messages/

---
    þ Synchronet þ Dock Sud BBS TLD 24 HS - bbs.docksud.com.ar