• weird js stuff?

From Esc@VERT/SYNCNIX to All on Wed Aug 5 11:24:56 2009
    I'm having some js issues, I've searched the forums and google'd it and can't find a solution. Here's the issue:

I'm trying to run an animated pause js and yes/no bar js at various times, embedded in my other js scripts. I get the following error:

Via the telnet window I can see:
    ERROR - Action: opening
    object: external/anipause
    access: 0

On my synch control panel it says the following:

!ERROR 2 [WinError 3] in exec.cpp line 586 opening "external/anipause" access=0

So...any ideas? :)

---
    þ Synchronet þ My Brand-New BBS (All the cool SysOps run STOCK!)
  • From Deuce@VERT/SYNCNIX to Esc on Wed Aug 5 17:53:00 2009
    Re: weird js stuff?
    By: Esc to All on Wed Aug 05 2009 04:24 am

Relative paths are usually relative to the ctrl directory. You most likely want ../external/anipause or ../exec/external/anipause

---
    Synchronet - Jump on the Web 0.2 bandwagon!

---
  • From Esc@VERT/SYNCNIX to Deuce on Thu Aug 6 11:00:31 2009
    By: Deuce to Esc on Wed Aug 05 2009 10:53 am

Relative paths are usually relative to the ctrl directory. You most likely want ../external/anipause or ../exec/external/anipause

---

Ok, I tried messing with the path settings, and it doesn't appear to be a path issue. Could those errors indicate anything else?

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Esc on Thu Aug 6 23:02:32 2009
    By: Esc to Deuce on Thu Aug 06 2009 04:00 am

By: Deuce to Esc on Wed Aug 05 2009 10:53 am

!ERROR 2 [WinError 3] in exec.cpp line 586 opening
    "external/anipause" access=0

---

Ok, I tried messing with the path settings, and it doesn't appear to be a path issue. Could those errors indicate anything else?

Error 2 is "file not found". Does the file anipause.* exist on your system? If so, what is the compelte filename and where is located?

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #4:
    Slugs have 4 noses.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Esc@VERT/SYNCNIX to Digital Man on Fri Aug 7 00:59:30 2009
    By: Digital Man to Esc on Thu Aug 06 2009 04:02 pm

Error 2 is "file not found". Does the file anipause.* exist on your system? so, what is the compelte filename and where is located?

Thanks for the help. Bare with me on this one :) Ispy gave me his old shell, and I'm trying to get it up and running fully before I shamelessly rip it off (hey at least I'm honest).

I have my Mods Directory set to ../phoenix_s3/telnet/. That is the dir with logon.js and login.js. There is also phoenix_s3/telnet/library, phoenix_s3/telnet/ansi, and phoenix_s3/external. From the library dir, there is a file being referenced, phoenix.external_library.js, which is loaded by the main shell. The full file/pathname of the anipause I'm referring to is as follows:

c:\sbbs\phoenix_s3\telnet\external\phoenix.anipause.js

Here's what I have:
    if(do_animated_pause && (!(bbs.sys_status&SS_USERON) || (user.security.exemptions&UFLAG_O))) { bbs.replace_text(563,"@EXEC:external/phoenix.anipause@");

I have also tried ../external/phoenix.anipause to no avail. At one point I tried /sbbs/phoenix_s3/telnet/external/phoenix.anipause, and it seemed to be starting from /sbbs/exec. It gave the error finding c:\sbbs\exec\/sbbs/phoenix_s3/blah blah blah or something to that effect. Is there somethin I'm missing here?

Thanks again

---
  • From Tracker1@VERT/TRN to Esc on Fri Aug 7 04:25:54 2009
    On 8/6/2009 5:59 PM, Esc wrote:

Here's what I have:
    if(do_animated_pause && (!(bbs.sys_status&SS_USERON) || (user.security.exemptions&UFLAG_O))) { bbs.replace_text(563,"@EXEC:external/phoenix.anipause@");

../phoenix_s3/telnet/external/phoenix.anipause.js

--
    Michael J. Ryan - http://tracker1.info/

... FRA #058: There is no substitute for success.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - www.roughneckbbs.com
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Esc on Sat Aug 8 00:23:50 2009
    By: Esc to Digital Man on Thu Aug 06 2009 05:59 pm

I have also tried ../external/phoenix.anipause to no avail. At one point I tried /sbbs/phoenix_s3/telnet/external/phoenix.anipause, and it seemed to
    be starting from /sbbs/exec. It gave the error finding c:\sbbs\exec\/sbbs/phoenix_s3/blah blah blah or something to that effect.
    Is there somethin I'm missing here?

Could it possibly be that he coded that whole shell for linux, and that all your slashes are backwards?

axisd

---
    þ Synchronet þ thePharcyde_ >> telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Esc on Sat Aug 8 00:24:59 2009
    By: Access Denied to Esc on Fri Aug 07 2009 05:23 pm

Could it possibly be that he coded that whole shell for linux, and that all your slashes are backwards?

Or not, and you just didn't ../ from the /exec directory before moving to phoenix_s3, as tracker1 pointed out. :)

axisd

---
    þ Synchronet þ thePharcyde_ >> telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Esc@VERT/SYNCNIX to Access Denied on Sat Aug 8 13:19:12 2009
    By: Access Denied to Esc on Fri Aug 07 2009 05:23 pm

I have also tried ../external/phoenix.anipause to no avail. At one point tried /sbbs/phoenix_s3/telnet/external/phoenix.anipause, and it seemed to be starting from /sbbs/exec. It gave the error finding c:\sbbs\exec\/sbbs/phoenix_s3/blah blah blah or something to that effect. Is there somethin I'm missing here?

axisd

No, that isn't it. Synch translates either a / or \\ to a \ for pathnames in win32.

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Esc on Sun Aug 9 23:28:20 2009
    By: Esc to Access Denied on Sat Aug 08 2009 06:19:12

Could it possibly be that he coded that whole shell for linux, and tha your slashes are backwards?

I run the Windows version of Synchronet and have used both types of slashes
    in my JavaScript scripts, as well as the Synchronet configuration, and
    haven't had any problems. It seems that it doesn't matter what shasles you use with Synchronet in either platform.

Eric

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion BBS: digdist.bbsindex.com
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Nightfox on Mon Aug 10 01:45:07 2009
    By: Nightfox to Esc on Sun Aug 09 2009 04:28 pm

By: Esc to Access Denied on Sat Aug 08 2009 06:19:12

Could it possibly be that he coded that whole shell for linux, and your slashes are backwards?

I run the Windows version of Synchronet and have used both types of slashes in my JavaScript scripts, as well as the Synchronet configuration, and haven't had any problems. It seems that it doesn't matter what shasles you use with Synchronet in either platform.

Eric

wierd java??
    I get wierd if my java runs low....

Caput meum major podice meo.
    This message has ended, go in peace...

---
    þ Synchronet þ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Esc on Mon Aug 10 08:29:00 2009

Error 2 is "file not found". Does the file anipause.* exist on your system? so, what is the compelte filename and where is located?

Thanks for the help. Bare with me on this one :) Ispy gave me his old shell, and I'm trying to get it up and running fully before I shamelessly rip it off (hey at least I'm honest).

I have my Mods Directory set to ../phoenix_s3/telnet/. That is the dir
    with logon.js and login.js. There is also phoenix_s3/telnet/library, phoenix_s3/telnet/ansi, and phoenix_s3/external. From the library dir, there is a file being referenced, phoenix.external_library.js, which is loaded by the main shell. The full file/pathname of the anipause I'm referring to is as follows:

Here's what I have:
    if(do_animated_pause && (!(bbs.sys_status&SS_USERON) || (user.security.exemptions&UFLAG_O))) { bbs.replace_text(563,"@exec:external/phoenix.anipause@");

I have also tried ../external/phoenix.anipause to no avail. At one point I tried /sbbs/phoenix_s3/telnet/external/phoenix.anipause, and it seemed to
    be starting from /sbbs/exec. It gave the error finding c:\sbbs\exec\/sbbs/phoenix_s3/blah blah blah or something to that effect.
    Is there somethin I'm missing here?

Synchronet will look in the mods directory *first*, and then if it can't find the file (or in this case, the relative path), then it'll look in the exec directory. I think the clue is the "exec\/sbbs" part, something is haywire. It appears something is trying load "sbbs/phoenix_s3/blah blah blah" based on
    that error message.

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #105:
    You will burn 7% more calories walking on hard dirt than pavement.

---
  • From Jas Hud@VERT to Tracker1 on Mon Aug 10 12:52:10 2009
    Tracker1 wrote:
    On 8/6/2009 5:59 PM, Esc wrote:

Here's what I have:
    if(do_animated_pause && (!(bbs.sys_status&SS_USERON) ||
    (user.security.exemptions&UFLAG_O))) {
    bbs.replace_text(563,"@EXEC:external/phoenix.anipause@");

../phoenix_s3/telnet/external/phoenix.anipause.js

the funny naming scheme rears it's ugly head! :D

---
  • From Jas Hud@VERT to Esc on Sun Sep 20 17:33:38 2009
    Esc wrote:

Error 2 is "file not found". Does the file anipause.* exist on your system?
    so, what is the compelte filename and where is located?

Thanks for the help. Bare with me on this one :) Ispy gave me his old shell,
    and I'm trying to get it up and running

oh boy. beware!

---