• Dovenet pointers

From Trever@VERT/SANDBOX to Digital Man on Sat Jan 11 10:13:04 2020
    After a lot of troubleshooting I discovered that my ISP recently (yesterday or day before) starting blocking ports that they had not blocked for the last two years. As I result of that I have moved the BBS to another server I have in a different state. And this is a fresh install. Can you reset the pointers so that I can pull in all of the dovenet messges that were there the first time I pulled them in. Is that possible. I am only getting the newest ones. I would like to get them all if possible.

Thank you,

-Trever

---
    þ Synchronet þ Sandboxbbs.com bbs.sandboxbbs.com
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Trever on Sat Jan 11 14:37:07 2020
    Re: Dovenet pointers
    By: Trever to Digital Man on Sat Jan 11 2020 10:13 am

After a lot of troubleshooting I discovered that my ISP recently (yesterday or day before) starting blocking ports that they had not blocked for the last two years. As I result of that I have moved the BBS to another server I have in a different state. And this is a fresh install. Can you reset the pointers so that I can pull in all of the dovenet messges that were there the first time I pulled them in. Is that possible. I am only getting the newest ones. I would like to get them all if possible.

You can do that. :-)

You can login with your QWKnet account via telnet/ssh/rlogin or use remote QWK functions:
    http://synchro.net/docs/message_section.html#RemoteQWKFunctions

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #25:
    Viv Savage: Have... a good... time... all the time. That's my philosophy. Norco, CA WX: 60.7øF, 60.0% humidity, 0 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Mike Powell@VERT/CAPCITY2 to TREVER on Sat Jan 11 18:05:00 2020
    ferent state. And this is a fresh install. Can you reset the pointers so that
    I can pull in all of the dovenet messges that were there the first time I pulle
    them in. Is that possible. I am only getting the newest ones. I would like t
    o get them all if possible.

You can actually do that yourself. Log onto his board using your QWK
    account ID instead of a personal one. It will take you straight to the QWK menu prompt. ? should get you the menu and, from there, you can reset your pointers for dovenet.

* SLMR 2.1a * This tagline is umop apisdn

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP