• Door question

From Havok@VERT/GMBBS to All on Fri Apr 24 23:52:22 2020
    Hello everyone!

Question anyone running Galactic Dynasty on SBBS?

Sure would like to know the config for it. Only reason being I play it a lot.

Thanks

|12S|12urvivalnet |08Message Network|15 = |11fluph.|08araknet.xyz|11

... But, He has not one redeeming vice.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Gray Matter BBS | graymatterbbs.com:2332
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Havok on Fri Apr 24 23:31:52 2020
    Re: Door question
    By: Havok to All on Fri Apr 24 2020 06:52 pm

Hello everyone!

Question anyone running Galactic Dynasty on SBBS?

Sure would like to know the config for it. Only reason being I play it a lot.

It (Galactic Dynasty 1.0-dev) was pretty easy to install:

Name Galactic Dynasty
    Internal Code GALACTIC
    Start-up Directory ../xtrn/GalacticDynasty
    Command Line GalacticDynasty%. -D %f
    Clean-up Command Line
    Execution Cost None
    Access Requirements
    Execution Requirements
    Multiple Concurrent Users Yes
    Intercept I/O No
    Native Executable Yes
    Use Shell to Execute No
    Modify User Data No
    Execute on Event No
    Pause After Execution No
    BBS Drop File Type Mystic DOOR32.SYS
    Place Drop File In Node Directory

This configuration works for both Win32 and Linux Synchronet installs.

However (Apam, are you here?) if you run both OSes (as I do, with Vertrauen) for some reason the user's created on the Win32 instances aren't seen/reused on the Linux instances, even though both users appear in the created "users.db3" file.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #49:
    Synchronet program was named 'sbbs' instead of 'sync' to avoid conflict w/Unix. Norco, CA WX: 90.2øF, 25.0% humidity, 4 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Havok@VERT/GMBBS to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 00:14:59 2020
    By: Digital Man to Havok on Fri Apr 24 2020 06:31 pm

This configuration works for both Win32 and Linux Synchronet installs.

Hay thanks for the reply, your the master not me still on the learning
    curve.

TAG I don't remember the door setup but give me VBBS/VA Renagde or Wildcat
    4 to 8 and I got it down pat.

But with some help and reading I'll get it!

Thank you again.

|12S|12urvivalnet |08Message Network|15 = |11fluph.|08araknet.xyz|11

---
    þ Synchronet þ Gray Matter BBS | graymatterbbs.com:2332
  • From Apam@VERT/GHOST to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 15:02:58 2020

However (Apam, are you here?) if you run both OSes (as I do, with Vertrauen) for some reason the user's created on the Win32 instances aren't seen/reused on the Linux instances, even though both users appear in the created "users.db3" file.

I'm here now :) Weird - I just set up synchronet again yesterday and hooked up dove net. Lots of nice new stuff since last time I used it :)

I'll have a look at the user stuff, I can't remember how I do users, but if it's just sqlite dbs like you say it's very odd that they don't work across systems. A guess might be different sqlite versions, but I'll have a look more later today.

I can't promise any fixes though, if it's an sqlite thing it might be a bit beyond my skill set, and you do have a pretty unique setup :)

Andrew

---
    þ Synchronet þ Ghost - ghostbbs.hopto.org:2023
  • From Apam@VERT/GHOST to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 16:26:47 2020
    By: Apam to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 2020 10:02 am

I'll have a look at the user stuff, I can't remember how I do users, but if it's just sqlite dbs like you say it's very odd that they don't work across systems. A guess might be different sqlite versions, but I'll have a look more later today.

I had a look, I think it's an issue with the windows version, for some reason certain versions of MinGW gcc don't work properly with opendoors, and the ODControl structure doesn't work as it should. I *think* the windows version might have been putting in different values of the BBS name, which is username!handle

I also found I was adding a null character to each of my strings, causing TEXT fields to be seen as BLOBS, which I've now fixed.

Anyway, I think it should be fixed now, one of the symptoms of the MinGW thing is the intro screen has pauses in it, and the latest version I've just uploaded to Paul doesn't do that.

Andrew

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Apam on Sat Apr 25 23:34:58 2020

I'm here now :) Weird - I just set up synchronet again yesterday and hooked up dove net. Lots of nice new stuff since last time I used it :)

I can't promise any fixes though, if it's an sqlite thing it might be a bit beyond my skill set, and you do have a pretty unique setup :)

It would also be an issue for a sysop that was migrating from Windows to *nix or vice versa however.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #12:
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, I don't know - wh-wh-... what're the hours?
    Norco, CA WX: 84.6øF, 35.0% humidity, 9 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Apam on Sat Apr 25 23:35:41 2020
    By: Apam to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 2020 11:26 am

I had a look, I think it's an issue with the windows version, for some reason certain versions of MinGW gcc don't work properly with opendoors, and the ODControl structure doesn't work as it should. I *think* the windows version might have been putting in different values of the BBS name, which is username!handle

I also found I was adding a null character to each of my strings, causing TEXT fields to be seen as BLOBS, which I've now fixed.

Anyway, I think it should be fixed now, one of the symptoms of the MinGW thing is the intro screen has pauses in it, and the latest version I've just uploaded to Paul doesn't do that.

Okay, cool. Do you host your programs for download on a web-site or ftp site somewhere too?

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #36:
    Bobbi Flekman: Money talks, and bullshit walks.
    Norco, CA WX: 84.6øF, 35.0% humidity, 9 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
  • From Apam@VERT/GHOST to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 18:00:40 2020
    By: Digital Man to Apam on Sat Apr 25 2020 06:35 pm

Okay, cool. Do you host your programs for download on a web-site or ftp site somewhere too?

I used to, but in shuffling things around a while ago I stopped. I uploaded them to you on vert.

I really should have them all on a website, so I started with Galactic Dynasty and will put up other binarys as i go.

Although you already have galactic dynasty, if anyone else is looking for the latest version I will keep it updated here: http://andrew.pamment.id.au/doors/

For others, keep in mind, the version there may or may not be the one in use in FSXnet or SciNet, (and at this stage isn't)

Andrew

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Apam on Sun Apr 26 04:48:54 2020
    By: Apam to Digital Man on Sun Apr 26 2020 01:00 pm

By: Digital Man to Apam on Sat Apr 25 2020 06:35 pm

I used to, but in shuffling things around a while ago I stopped. I uploaded them to you on vert.

Cool. Do mind if I move them to a public download area?

I really should have them all on a website, so I started with Galactic Dynasty and will put up other binarys as i go.

I tested the files you uploaded for both Win32 and Linux and it appears the user data is now compatible across both. :-)

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #85:
    The ZMODEM file transfer protocol is limited to files of 4 gigabytes or smaller.
    Norco, CA WX: 71.3øF, 51.0% humidity, 0 mph SSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
  • From Apam@VERT/GHOST to Digital Man on Mon Apr 27 01:01:17 2020
    By: Digital Man to Apam on Sat Apr 25 2020 11:48 pm

Cool. Do mind if I move them to a public download area?

Not at all, go for it.

I tested the files you uploaded for both Win32 and Linux and it appears the user data is now compatible across both. :-)

Oh good news! Thanks for testing, much appreciated :)

Andrew

---
  • From Mike Powell@VERT/CAPCITY2 to APAM on Sun Apr 26 19:24:00 2020
    I used to, but in shuffling things around a while ago I stopped. I uploaded the
    to you on vert.

You still have the git site for pulling and compiling your own, right?

* SLMR 2.1a * This message written with recycled electrons.

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Apam@VERT/GHOST to Mike Powell on Mon Apr 27 19:05:16 2020
    By: Mike Powell to APAM on Sun Apr 26 2020 02:24 pm

You still have the git site for pulling and compiling your own, right?

Sort of, all my stuff is on gitlab these days, I used to host my own git for a while, that's not around anymore.

So yeah, you can still pull and compile your own, but as it's a bit tricker to compile on windows I should have binaries accessible too.

The other reason for having binaries (and source zip files for linux) is that it's a snapshot of a known point in time that works, and can be used for interbbs leagues so they know they've got the same version.

Andrew

---
  • From Mike Powell@VERT/CAPCITY2 to APAM on Mon Apr 27 22:21:00 2020
    The other reason for having binaries (and source zip files for linux) is that i
    's a snapshot of a known point in time that works, and can be used for interbbs
    leagues so they know they've got the same version.

For the interbbs stuff, I do try to use the source packets they send out
    over the file echos (provided I remember to look for them first!). :)

Thanks!

* SLMR 2.1a * The flush toilet is the basis of western civilization.

---
    þ Synchronet þ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Apam@VERT/GHOST to Mike Powell on Tue Apr 28 16:50:53 2020
    By: Mike Powell to APAM on Mon Apr 27 2020 05:21 pm

For the interbbs stuff, I do try to use the source packets they send out over the file echos (provided I remember to look for them first!). :)

Yep that's the best way to go.

For local only games it doesn't matter so much.

Andrew

---