• webv4 error 502 related forums.ssjs

From Fernando Toledo@VERT to GitLab note in main/sbbs on Mon Dec 28 23:03:25 2020
    https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/issues/170#note_1254

Hi @echicken
    I do not reproduce anymore on latests updates.. So, i will close it!

Thanks!

---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Fernando Toledo@VERT to GitLab issue in main/sbbs on Mon Dec 28 23:03:25 2020
    close https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/issues/170

I proxy the sbbs webserver on nginx as front
    I have a error 502 (bad gateway on forums script) all another run fine.
    Maybe is a leght/size of data are too small?
    any idea to get solved?

thanks!

the nginx error log have:

```
    2020/09/26 19:03:14 [error] 2873#2873: *108414 upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream, client: 152.169.163.196, server: bbs.docksud.com.ar, request: "GET /web/api/forum.ssjs?call=get-sub-unread-count&sub=fidonet10th_amd&sub=fidonet4dos&sub=fidonetaftersho&sub=fidonetalaskach&sub=fidonetallpolit&sub=fidonetallfixfi&sub=fidonetafxfiles&sub=fidonetafxhelp&sub=fidonetamateurr&sub=fidonetham&sub=fidonetamiga&sub=fidonetannounce&sub=fidonetargus&sub=fidonetarrowbri&sub=fidonetartware&sub=fidonetasciiart&sub=fidonetasianlin&sub=fidonetautomoti&sub=fidonetbabylon5&sub=fidonetbbscarni&sub=fidonetbbsdoors&sub=fidonetbbsinter&sub=fidonetbbspromo&sub=fidonetbible&sub=fidonetbinkd&sub=fidonetbluewave&sub=fidonetchware&sub=fidonetclassicc&sub=fidonetcforsale&sub=fidonetcbm&sub=fidonetconsprcy&sub=fidonetdbridge&sub=fidonetdads&sub=fidonetdebate&sub=fidonetabled&sub=fidonetinternet&sub=fidonetdoom&sub=fidonetdoorgame&sub=fidonetdos&sub=fidonetessnasa&sub=fidonetecholist&sub=fidonetelist&sub=fidonetenglisht&sub=fidonetespomen&sub=fidonetfdnannou&sub=fidonetfe_help&sub=fidonetfido-req&sub=fidonetfido_sys&sub=fidonetfidoconb&sub=fidonetfidogaze&sub=fidonetantiques&sub=fidonetbbs_ads&sub=fidonetecho_ads&sub=fidonetnet_dev&sub=fidonetfidoutil&sub=fidonetstats&sub=fidonetfidoorg&sub=fidonetfidonews&sub=fidonetfidosoft&sub=fidonetfidotest&sub=fidonetfilefind&sub=fidonetfilegate&sub=fidonetfmailhel&sub=fidonetfn_sysop&sub=fidonetfdecho&sub=fidonetftscpubl&sub=fidonetfunny&sub=fidonetpolitics&sub=fidonetminweath&sub=fidonetgolded&sub=fidonetcoffeekl&sub=fidonetguitar&sub=fidonetguncontr&sub=fidonetham_tech&sub=fidonethomecook&sub=fidonethotdoged&sub=fidonetdoghouse&sub=fidonetipv6&sub=fidonetirex&sub=fidonetjamnntpd&sub=fidonetlinux&sub=fidonettuxpower&sub=fidonetlinuxbbs&sub=fidonetmakenlng&sub=fidonetmuffin&sub=fidonetminister&sub=fidonetmlbaseba&sub=fidonetmonte&sub=fidonetmovies&sub=fidonetmystic&sub=fidonetcooking&sub=fidonetweather&sub=fidonetnhl&sub=fidonetnodes024&sub=fidonetmemories&

```

![Captura_de_pantalla_2020-09-26_18-55-08](https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/uploads/88640b1c77719bd3d36d6a8e1361ef34/Captura_de_pantalla_2020-09-26_18-55-08.png)

![image](https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/uploads/edc15f4e075c4f488e908c673b2d954d/image.png)

---
  • From echicken@VERT/ECBBS to Fernando Toledo on Wed Dec 30 07:09:51 2020
    Re: webv4 error 502 related forums.ssjs
    By: Fernando Toledo to GitLab issue in main/sbbs on Mon Dec 28 2020 15:03:25

I proxy the sbbs webserver on nginx as front
    I have a error 502 (bad gateway on forums script) all another run fine. Maybe is a leght/size of data are too small?
    any idea to get solved?

thanks!

the nginx error log have:

```
    2020/09/26 19:03:14 [error] 2873#2873: *108414 upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream, client: 152.169.163.196, server: bbs.docksud.com.ar, request: "GET /web/api/forum.ssjs?call=get-sub-unread-count&sub=fidonet10th_amd&sub=fido net4dos&sub=fidonetaftersho&sub=fidonetalaskach&sub=fidonetallpolit&sub=fi

This is something that I've been meaning to fix for a while. I'll get to it eventually. The main problem is that the request string is (obviously) insanely long.

I have a solution in mind and will get to it someday soon. I believe we've already discussed this one.

---
    echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From echicken@VERT to GitLab note in main/sbbs on Thu Jan 28 18:07:13 2021
    https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/issues/170#note_1413

The problem shown in the first screenshot should be resolved now.

The client was sending a list of subs for which it wanted unread message counts, which could be a lot of fields in the query string if the user is looking at a message group with a lot of sub boards. The client now sends a group index instead, and the server replies with unread message counts for every sub in that group.

A similar change was made for the message group listing, although that was less likely to be a problem.

Relevant commits:

fbdcd2de
    59077fbf
    671856ab

---