• GUI Environments

From Access Denied@VERT/PHARCYDE to Dingo on Thu Aug 29 09:16:57 2013
    somebody complained about X stability -- this particular mac mini was running the same cwm, x11, openbsd, without crash or reboot for about
    150 days when I packed it away the day I left. I regularly had more
    than 30 remote ssh sessions going on, and never lost any of them due to
    a GUI failure (though often lost them due to network failure, of
    course)

I had complained about it only while running a BBS and/or servers/daemons in the background while X is running. I would get a good week of uptime before something X related would freeze up and require a reboot since none of the breaking keycodes worked for those freezes. :(

If I wasn't running a BBS, web server, ftp server(s), nntp server, and whatever else on the same machine, I would be willing to bet that X would work just fine, stability and all.

Regards,
    Nick

---
    þ Synchronet þ thePharcyde_ >> telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Dingo on Fri Aug 30 05:56:03 2013
    Re: GUI Environments
    By: Dingo to Folsom on Wed Aug 28 2013 15:06:00

microsoft email client), but use OpenBSD/cwm to manage ssh'ing into

Awesome. Didn't think I was going to see another OpenBSD advocate around here. :)

-The opinions expressed are not necessarily an advocation of any of the aforementioned ideologies, concepts, or actions. We still have the freedom of speech, for now, and I enjoy using it in a satirical or ficticious manner to amuse myself-

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a
    revolutionary act." -- George Orwell

---
    þ Synchronet þ Tinfoil Tetrahedron : telnet bismaninfo.hopto.org 8023 : http:8080