• Re: Fence Repair

From bamageek@21:1/140 to The Godfather on Sat Sep 24 13:08:35 2022
    at the base where the cement begins...) Since I have a dog, I'd like to find an affordable way to fix these 3 posts the most affordable way I
    can. Any suggestions other then buying pressure treated 4x4's and a bag of concrete for each, that has worked for you in the past? I'm going to assume no, but hey, thought I'd ask :)

Couple of things; If you know or can find someone around your area with a sawmill they may be able to set you up with some 4x4s a bit cheaper than going to a big store. I know a guy here that takes old telephone poles and cuts them into treated lumber and it seems to work great.

There's another idea, if you can catch the power company replacing some posts maybe you could talk them out of one of the old poles that you could cut into three long enough to replace those 4x4s?

Another idea; go to a farmers supply store (Tractor supply if you have them) and get some of those metal fence posts that you drive into the grond. Might could put them in close enough to secure the poles a bit til you can do something better?

Good luck with the replairs!

... The caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Daves BBS (21:1/140)