• Hamlet

From Dunsen@21:2/118 to All on Sat Nov 4 08:44:23 2023

Only want to share a "Hamlet" quote today. My week has been crazy. First had to deal with tests and such. Then had a very difficult conversation with someone I thought was a frend (who really wasn't) He desperately wanted to create a business with me even tho I barely know him at all. Instantly blocked his number and will ignore him henceforth.

But then our second family dog had to be put down. I couldn't beleev it, but it was inevitable. Our dog suddenly contracted a disease we couldn't afford to treat. Now, here I am. Moving on from this hectic panic into more of a peace.

"Conscience does make cowards of us all"

"I cannot pretend I am without fear. But my predominant feeling is one of gratitude."
    - Oliver Sacks
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Halls of Valhalla -:- hovalbbs.com:2333 (21:2/118)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Dunsen on Sun Nov 5 15:22:08 2023
    On 04 Nov 2023 at 08:44a, Dunsen pondered and said...

Only want to share a "Hamlet" quote today. My week has been crazy. First had to deal with tests and such. Then had a very difficult conversation with someone I thought was a frend (who really wasn't) He desperately wanted to create a business with me even tho I barely know him at all. Instantly blocked his number and will ignore him henceforth.

But then our second family dog had to be put down. I couldn't beleev it, but it was inevitable. Our dog suddenly contracted a disease we couldn't afford to treat. Now, here I am. Moving on from this hectic panic into more of a peace.

sorry to hear about your pet, I also have a dog and am kinda dreading the day something like that happens. I've been through it once before :(

Some weeks just seem to be like this with crazy stuff all coming at once. I hope it will soon settle down for you a bit.

You're right to trust your gut.

Best, Paul

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From esc@21:4/173 to Dunsen on Sat Nov 4 21:40:08 2023

Ouch, that's horrible to hear. I'm very sorry for your loss.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/02/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: m O N T E R E Y b B S . c O M (21:4/173)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Dunsen on Mon Nov 6 08:50:45 2023
    Re: Hamlet
    By: Dunsen to All on Sat Nov 04 2023 08:44 am

Sorry to hear. :( And condolances to your family about your dog.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digdist.synchro.net (21:1/137)
  • From Dunsen@21:1/126 to Avon on Thu Nov 9 08:17:04 2023
    sorry to hear about your pet, I also have a dog and am kinda dreading the something like that happens. I've been through it once before :(
    Some weeks just seem to be like this with crazy stuff all coming at once. hope it will soon settle down for you a bit.

Thanks, Avon (Paul). Some weeks are definitely like that. Also, I have the
    same unfortunate experience, too. What I noticed was my feelings subsided
    after spending some time alone. It helps sometimes.

Anyway, have a good day.
    ~Evan

"I cannot say I am without fear. But my feeling is one of
    gratitude."
    - Oliver Sacks

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: bbs.alsgeeklab.com:2323 (21:1/126)
  • From Arelor@21:2/138 to Dunsen on Wed Nov 8 15:52:39 2023
    Re: Hamlet
    By: Dunsen to All on Sat Nov 04 2023 08:44 am

But then our second family dog had to be put down. I couldn't beleev it, but

I am so sorry to hear.

--
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (21:2/138)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Dunsen on Tue Nov 21 12:06:21 2023
    On 09 Nov 2023 at 08:17a, Dunsen pondered and said...

Thanks, Avon (Paul). Some weeks are definitely like that. Also, I have
    the same unfortunate experience, too. What I noticed was my feelings subsided after spending some time alone. It helps sometimes.

Anyway, have a good day.

You too :)

It's been wee while since we last spoke but I hope things have lifted a bit for you since then :)

Take care.

Best, Paul

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)