• Concerning or no big issue ?

From K4JTT@21:1/136 to All on Mon Jan 8 11:57:46 2024
    I am not one to over react to anything, and can say it take allot to raise an eye with me... However ......

It has been a little over 3 years since I have been with FSXnet and Mystic BBS and I have found Avon always very responsive and extremely engaged. I and go as far as implying he is the "super glue" that keeps things bonded.

It has been the last six or so months and a few random postings that it seems Avon has had allot on his plate. Work, Family, Home ... Balancing?

Now, the incredible out of character is the the delays of a request. I sent Avon a request to add several IBBS games to the mix back in November 2023. He did say he was going to get at it. I followed up a week ago and have not received a response email. I am concerned and wondering if he is OK,or just seriously "plate over loaded" situation with Work and Family ....

Like I said, this seem way out of the normal, what has always been extremely responsive. Just seems weird.

N4TDX BBS - Telnet: n4tdx.ddns.net:2323
    FSXnet: 21:1/136 * Fidonet 1:135/383 * Micronet 618:250/35
    Titusville, FL.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: N4TDX BBS (21:1/136)
  • From apam@21:1/182 to K4JTT on Tue Jan 9 09:07:16 2024

Now, the incredible out of character is the the delays of a request. I sent Avon a request to add several IBBS games to the mix back in November 2023. He did say he was going to get at it. I followed up a week ago and have not received a response email. I am concerned and wondering if he is OK,or just seriously "plate over loaded" situation with Work and Family ....

I don't think you need to worry. Sometimes hobbies need to take a back seat for a while - he's got a lot going on with his parents and I am sure that takes a toll.

Like I said, this seem way out of the normal, what has always been extremely responsive. Just seems weird.

If you were asking about adding new interbbs games to fsxnet, The ones that are there already only have a couple of active players - many who sign up do so then sit on autopilot without actually playing. Keeping them running is quiet a job in itself and involves a lot chasing people up. So I can understand reluctance there.

If you were asking about joining the existing games on fsxnet, I am sure it's on his to-do-list or he's forgotten.

Andrew
    --- Noddy git-4716e54
    * Origin: Smuggler's Cove - scove.talismanbbs.com:2323 (21:1/182)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to K4JTT on Tue Jan 16 15:45:03 2024
    On 08 Jan 2024 at 11:57a, K4JTT pondered and said...

It's all good, and thanks for the complements and concern, it's really appreciated. I apologise as I really dragged the chain on your request and that's really not good enough, so sorry.

Yep work and family have been more front of mind over the last couple of years particularly. My mum has Alzheimer and is in a rest home, I thought she would die last year, I now think she will likely die this year. So it's been a bit tough. My dad is doing his best to cope but as we're a couple of flights away from each other or a massive drive + ferry crossing between South and North islands... it's been a lot of phone support going on to help him too.

I've no desire to leave the hobby but have slowed down a bit, tomorrow I go back to work after coming off a few weeks holidays and honestly I'm not sure how rested I feel.

With the BBS stuff I have tended to bundle up work into a bunch of things and try to do them at once, sometimes with success and other times not.

So yeah, that's me, still rolling along. And today working on things for BBS and fsxNet I should have done some weeks ago. Mea Culpa.

Best, Paul

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)