• Re: Anyone know how a beginner can do VRML without opening a text edi

From hollowone@21:2/150 to Tracker1 on Thu May 18 08:30:36 2023
    Man, I haven't seen that in forever, was just this morning trying to remember the name of it. Kind of wish there was something very similar that worked as a template for a static blog that could be published to
    S3, Cloudflare or similar without a server-side piece that can be attacked.

Static blog engines don't need such obsolete and overbloated editors I think. Hugo comes with handy commandlines that should be easily incorporated into any editor and natively it supports MD to edit posts.

Expression was interesting effort from Microsoft to catch up with Web authoring, like about 15 years ago. But as with Silverlight, they were so much late to the game.

They only one last breed from that bucket that I think is still actively developed is Dreamweaver from Adobe, but I haven't seen that animal for a while as well.. All of them together apply more to the Jurassic Park than a modern computing zoo..

-h1

... Xerox Alto was the thing. Anything after we use is just a mere copy.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbS>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From Tracker1@21:3/149 to Mike Dippel on Sun May 7 03:28:42 2023
    Since you mentioned Front Page, I use a newer concept of that software call Microsoft Expressions Web 4. I works similar to FP, but has a lot of new features. You can download it by going to my main site at: http://hobbyline.com/WEB_TRIAL_EN.EXE

Man, I haven't seen that in forever, was just this morning trying to remember the name of it. Kind of wish there was something very similar that worked as a template for a static blog that could be published to S3, Cloudflare or similar without a server-side piece that can be attacked.

--
    Michael J. Ryan
    +o roughneckbbs.com
    tracker1@roughneckbbs.com
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Roughneck BBS - roughneckbbs.com (21:3/149)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Tracker1 on Sun May 7 14:44:00 2023
    Tracker1 wrote to Mike Dippel <=-

Man, I haven't seen that in forever, was just this morning trying to remember the name of it. Kind of wish there was something very similar that worked as a template for a static blog that could be published to
    S3, Cloudflare or similar without a server-side piece that can be attacked.

Yeah, all I need is a templating system to take a directory full of text
    files format/prettify them and generate HTML files that I can upload to
    a web host. I don't need anything running on the web host.

... YORGAMAK HAS ARRIVED AND WILL INITIATE DESTRUCTIMATION.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    * Origin: realitycheckBBS.org -- information is power. (21:4/122)