• Testing

From Fireball@fireball@fireballex,nospam.com to alt.bbs.allsysop on Sun Mar 17 00:51:47 2013
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.allsysop

Testing..... Please disregard!
    --- Synchronet 3.17c-Linux NewsLink 1.110
  • From Jason@jason@hdcbbs.com.remove-11nw-this to All on Mon Feb 15 18:38:09 2016

Just testing to see if i am getting out...

--- Synchronet 3.16a-Linux NewsLink 1.102
    * The Hard Drive Cafe BBS - Montgomery, Alabama - telnet://hdcbbs.com
  • From Sunrise Door Software@support@sunrisedoors.com to alt.bbs.allsysop on Tue Feb 16 02:34:57 2016

Jason wrote on 2/15/2016 7:38 AM:

You are....

• From Avon Kerr@avon@bbs.geek.nz.invalid to alt.bbs.allsysop on Thu Feb 18 04:17:29 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:38:09 +0000, Jason wrote:

Hi Jason. Welcome to this newsgroup.

Best, Paul

--
    Agency News | news.bbs.geek.nz
  • From Jason@jason@hdcbbs.com.remove-15v-this to Avon Kerr on Fri Feb 19 15:46:41 2016

To: Avon Kerr
    Re: Re: Testing
    By: Avon Kerr to alt.bbs.allsysop on Wed Feb 17 2016 10:17 pm

Hi Jason. Welcome to this newsgroup.

Best, Paul

Thanks! Glad to be here...

Just so everyone knows, i've been a Sysop since around 1993. I started out running VirtualBBS by Roland de Graaf and ran that through about 1997 until the
    bbs machine suffered a big crash, and then around 2001 I began to run a BBS again, and searched for VBBS but it wasn't around as that anymore it was around
    as Virtual Advanced BBS and didn't really satify everything that I wanted in a BBS and so I cam across Synchronet, which seemed to fulfill everything I wanted
    and begin learning and running Synchronet. Been running it ever since then.

Well, my BBS back then was The Games BBS, and after being online for a while, i
    was calling around to other BBSs online and found The Hard Drive Cafe BBS, which i called long distance back in the 90's because it was one of the more popular BBS's that i had heard about. Well just so happens, when i called in, i noticed a messge from the Sysop (Dave Toy) talking about how he didn't have time to run the BBS like he wanted to and was going to shut it down... Well after reaching out to him, and having several conversations, I agreed to acquire it from him, and change the name of my BBS to The Hard Drive Cafe BBS so the name would stay alive since it was one of the greats from back in the day...

Which brings me to now... Been running it ever since.. I did suffer another crash around 2007 and wasn't able to bring it back online until i was able to get things in my life situated, but brought it back online back in 2010 and moved it around a little bit, until i finally found a permanent home for it at my Web Hosting company, where it still sits today...

Glad to be here, glad to know real people monitor this group, and I look forward to being a part of the conversation here! :)

Jason

• From Avon Kerr@avon@bbs.geek.nz.invalid to alt.bbs.allsysop on Mon Feb 22 01:28:42 2016

On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:46:41 -0600, Jason wrote:

Thanks! Glad to be here...

Glad to be here, glad to know real people monitor this group, and I look forward to being a part of the conversation here! :)

Jason

Hi Jason.

I think it's fairly quiet here but there may be a few about. Rest assured
    the BBS scene is alive and well. I see you are also a member of Fidonet,
    you can reach me at 3:770/100 :) I'd like to invite you to join fsxNet if
    you would like to. Head to bbs.geek.nz/fsxnet.zip for more info.

I returned to BBSing in 2012 and have been active since then. I'm also
    back in to Usenet (text only) newsgroups and have established a NNTP
    server in New Zealand that's connected to a few other peers now.

It's nice to see you here and glad you are enjoying BBSing also. My
    feeling is that there is a slow but steady resurgence in interest and involvement in BBS again. Both from those that were using those systems
    the first time around and from others keen to learn about stuff that was
    not about before HTML :)

Best, Paul

--
    Agency News | news.bbs.geek.nz
  • From Jason@jason@hdcbbs.com.remove-mmm-this to Avon Kerr on Sun Feb 21 22:26:01 2016

To: Avon Kerr
    Re: Re: Testing
    By: Avon Kerr to alt.bbs.allsysop on Sun Feb 21 2016 07:28 pm

It's nice to see you here and glad you are enjoying BBSing also. My
    feeling is that there is a slow but steady resurgence in interest and involvement in BBS again. Both from those that were using those systems
    the first time around and from others keen to learn about stuff that was
    not about before HTML :)

I'm glad to be here, and although there is not a lot of activity, that is ok. I
    will still keep this feed part of my new message scan so i'll see new messages as they arrive.

On the resurgence, I couldn't agree more... I think it is picking up a bit... And for the record, i was around the first time, and im stuck until the end. :)

I've been running a bbs off and on since about 93, more full time then down time. The only time i've really been offline is when i have had hardware blow up on me... Since BBS'ing was a hobby for me, i never had the extra money all those times to get a new machine right away. This time around though, i've been
    online for the past 3 or 4 years steady with no real down time, and the future looks bright. :)

So again, just glad to be here, and i may take a look at your fsxnet and see if
    it's for me and my users.

Jason

• From nospam.Pequito@nospam.Pequito@f126.n2.z21.fsxnet (Pequito) to Avon on Mon Oct 10 02:29:00 2016

On 10/08/16, Avon said the following...

Just a quick test to check my link.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A31 (Windows)
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet (21:2/100)

Late reply but is working. :)