• EXECYesNoBar issue...

From Paulie420@paulie420@PAULIE42.remove-p9m-this to All on Fri May 1 22:05:58 2020
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

Prerequisite; I posted that line with the ATcodes and... lol... it called the .js; so I deleted it and hope it didn't mess anyone up. However, it did teach me a little about whats happening!! LOL. SOOOO, my question:

I'm using Nightfox's DD message lister.

When doing a newscan, or... reading messages in it, and I come to the end of a subforum, sbbs is supposed to ask 'would you like to goto the next message board' or whatever... I know this because, lol, when I posted my first question I put the whole AT-code string in and it displayed the right text! LOL. So I see whats supposed to happen...

However, DD is currently actually just showing [AT symbol]EXEC:yesnobar[AT] in plain text. I noticed it also does this in email, when I try to delete the message, except its for the EXEC:noyesbar... so;

Does anyone know how to fix that so it shows the user the question and yes no bar??? Seems like I might have to fix it a couple places around DD? Or... what say ya'll?

Thanks.

|08Paulie|15420
    |15M|08@|15STERM|07i|15ND
    |14AmericanPiBBS|04.com

---
    þ Synchronet þ AmericanPiBBS.com
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.112
    * Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-oln-this to Paulie420 on Fri May 1 22:47:13 2020

To: Paulie420
    Re: EXECYesNoBar issue...
    By: Paulie420 to All on Fri May 01 2020 03:05 pm

Prerequisite; I posted that line with the ATcodes and... lol... it called the .js; so I deleted it and hope it didn't mess anyone up. However, it did teach me a little about whats happening!! LOL. SOOOO, my question:

Yeah, that'll only be a problem on *your* BBS where the will have been posted by user #1. But when sysops reply on their own board (like I did) and quote your @-codes, then those @-codes will expand when views. So generally, I post @-codes lower-case to avoid that issue.

When doing a newscan, or... reading messages in it, and I come to the end of a subforum, sbbs is supposed to ask 'would you like to goto the next message board' or whatever... I know this because, lol, when I posted my first question I put the whole AT-code string in and it displayed the right text! LOL. So I see whats supposed to happen...

However, DD is currently actually just showing [AT symbol]EXEC:yesnobar[AT] in plain text. I noticed it also does this in email, when I try to delete the message, except its for the EXEC:noyesbar... so;

Does anyone know how to fix that so it shows the user the question and yes no bar??? Seems like I might have to fix it a couple places around DD? Or... what say ya'll?

I already posted my reply to that... hope you got it.

digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #40:
    IBM437 = Code Page 437 (so-called IBM Extended ASCII)
    Norco, CA WX: 78.3øF, 48.0% humidity, 11 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.112
  • From Nightfox@nightfox@DIGDIST.remove-wts-this to Digital Man on Sat May 2 00:59:59 2020

To: Digital Man
    By: Nightfox to Paulie420 on Fri May 01 2020 05:56 pm

However, DD is currently actually just showing [AT
    symbol]EXEC:yesnobar[AT] in plain text. I noticed it also does this
    in email, when I try to delete the message, except its for the
    EXEC:noyesbar... so;

seen this issue, and the weird thing is, it only happens for me when I have my status bar enabled in SyncTerm. Usually I don't have my status bar enabled, and I see the yes/no prompt just fine. It's something I want to look into. Digital Man - Do you know why this might happen?

You can disregard my question.. I saw that you said it was a bug that was fixed in a recent update. I had updated my Synchronet binaries recently, and I see the issue has been fixed.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Nightfox@nightfox@DIGDIST.remove-wts-this to Paulie420 on Sat May 2 00:56:58 2020

Do you mean reader? I had one I was developing a long time ago called 'Message Lister' but that morphed into my messgae reader. My old message lister is no longer being updated.

I am the author of DDMsgReader, so you can contact me if you want. :) I've seen this issue, and the weird thing is, it only happens for me when I have my status bar enabled in SyncTerm. Usually I don't have my status bar enabled, and I see the yes/no prompt just fine. It's something I want to look into.
    Digital Man - Do you know why this might happen?

Nightfox

---
  • From Paulie420@paulie420@PAULIE42.remove-gw-this to Nightfox on Sat May 2 18:01:39 2020

To: Nightfox
    By: Nightfox to Paulie420 on Fri May 01 2020 05:56 pm

I am the author of DDMsgReader, so you can contact me if you want. :) I've seen this issue, and the weird thing is, it only happens for me when I have my status bar enabled in SyncTerm. Usually I don't have my status bar enabled, and I see the yes/no prompt just fine. It's something I want to look into. Digital Man - Do you know why this might happen?

Yes I meant the reader - and digital man has suggested i upgrade sync to the deev version; he said he fixed something on his side that took care of this issue???

|08Paulie|15420
    |15M|08@|15STERM|07i|15ND
    |14AmericanPiBBS|04.com

---
    þ Synchronet þ AmericanPiBBS.com
  • From Nightfox@nightfox@DIGDIST.remove-xi5-this to Paulie420 on Sat May 2 20:15:20 2020

By: Paulie420 to Nightfox on Sat May 02 2020 11:01 am

Yes I meant the reader - and digital man has suggested i upgrade sync to the deev version; he said he fixed something on his side that took care of this issue???

Yep, I updated my Synchronet binaries a few days ago and that seemed to fix the issue.

Nightfox

---