• Inter-BBS telegram default destination

From Nightfox@nightfox@DIGDIST.remove-68r-this to DM on Sat May 2 18:38:36 2020
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

To: DM
    Hi DM,

When sending an inter-BBS telegram, does Synchronet normally fill in a default destination user for the telegram? After choosing I (InterBBS) and then Telegram, for me it defaults to HusTler@45.56.88.52, even though Hustler or his BBS aren't in the list.

The behavior I'm seeing:
    1. I press the Private Message key in my command shell, and I see this prompt: Private: Telegram, Message, Chat, InterBBS, or Quit:

2. I'll press I (InterBBS), and I'll get a list of the active BBSes & users and the InterBBS prompt:
    Electronic Chicken BBS bbs.electronicchicken.com Time Age Sex echicken reading messages 02:58:14 38 M
    End Of The Line BBS endofthelinebbs.com Time Age Sex Nelgin in chat section 11:36:55 M Nelgin at main menu 11:36:55 M Crashtestdummy in chat section (M) 11:56:29 49 M Athelstan BBS athelstan.org Time Age Sex Altere at main menu 93:27:59
    The SouthEast Star sestar.synchro.net Time Age Sex Rampage at main menu 55:16:03
    Dock Sud BBS bbs.docksud.com.ar Time Age Sex Ragnarok en los foros (M) 00:38:35
    CJ's Place cjsplace.thruhere.net Time Age Sex
    cj at main menu 02:49:06 54 M AlleyCat! BBS alleycat.synchro.net Time Age Sex Mortifis at main menu 21:47:24
    InterBBS: Anyone: Telegram, Active-Users: Message/List, or Quit:

3. There, if I press T (Telegram), I see this, and it's defaulting to Hustler, even though he and his BBS aren't in the BBS list:
    Destination (user@hostname): HusTler@45.56.88.52

Do you know why it might default to Hustler?

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.112
    * Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-z0j-this to Nightfox on Sat May 2 18:59:16 2020

To: Nightfox
    Re: Inter-BBS telegram default destination
    By: Nightfox to DM on Sat May 02 2020 11:38 am

Hi DM,

When sending an inter-BBS telegram, does Synchronet normally fill in a default destination user for the telegram? After choosing I (InterBBS) and then Telegram, for me it defaults to HusTler@45.56.88.52, even though Hustler or his BBS aren't in the list.

If you have previously received an instant-message/telegram, it'll automatically put the *sender* of the message as the default destination when you go to send a telegram. You can use the up/down arrows to go through your history of previous msg recipients (for msgs you sent) as well. All this stuff is stored in you user property file in data/user/*.ini.

I guess he was the last one to send you an inter-bbs msg.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #109:
    Weedpuller "Breakfast With You" http://youtu.be/f98p4B79ISM
    Norco, CA WX: 74.7øF, 54.0% humidity, 5 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
  • From Nightfox@nightfox@DIGDIST.remove-evo-this to Digital Man on Sat May 2 19:18:39 2020

To: Digital Man
    By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Sat May 02 2020 11:59 am

If you have previously received an instant-message/telegram, it'll automatically put the *sender* of the message as the default destination when you go to send a telegram. You can use the up/down arrows to go through your history of previous msg recipients (for msgs you sent) as well. All this stuff is stored in you user property file in data/user/*.ini.

I guess he was the last one to send you an inter-bbs msg.

Ah, OK. That makes sense. He did send me an inter-BBS message.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Havok@havok@GMBBS.remove-yo1-this to Digital Man on Sun May 3 02:22:52 2020

To: Digital Man
    By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Sat May 02 2020 11:59 am

Hello there!

Hay just wanted to thank you for all the help, I have so much to learn and
    so much to already have.

So many options and from the work you have added as of late even more to
    learn and or enjoy.

Thank you.

|12S|12urvivalnet |08Message Network|15 = |11fluph.|08araknet.xyz|11

... For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in the same room and let them fight it out.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Gray Matter BBS | graymatterbbs.com:2332