• Broken Bubble

From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-s9d-this to All on Tue Jun 2 05:01:44 2020
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

I assume something happened to the person who ran the broken bubble? I just was enjoying multiplayer tetris tonight and wanted to let them know, but doesn't look like I can.

To anyone else, that's a great piece of work, the multiplayer is very fun.

---TLM

---
    þ Synchronet þ Nite Eyes BBS - To make people happy about my tagline everywhere...
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
    * Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
    --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
  • From Digital Man@digital.man@vert.synchro.net.remove-28a-this to The Lizard Master on Tue Jun 2 02:24:22 2020

To: The Lizard Master
    Re: Broken Bubble
    By: The Lizard Master to All on Mon Jun 01 2020 10:01 pm

I assume something happened to the person who ran the broken bubble? I just was enjoying multiplayer tetris tonight and wanted to let them know, but doesn't look like I can.

Matt's still around (mcmlxxix in #synchronet and other channels at irc.synchro.net). His BBS was up last I check too.

digital man

Sling Blade quote #17:
    Charles Bushman: A shovel just makes too goddamned much racket.
    Norco, CA WX: 77.2øF, 37.0% humidity, 5 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
  • From Al@al@1:153/757.remove-xtn-this to The Lizard Master on Tue Jun 2 02:23:00 2020

Hello The,

I assume something happened to the person who ran the broken bubble?
    I just was enjoying multiplayer tetris tonight and wanted to let them know, but doesn't look like I can.

To anyone else, that's a great piece of work, the multiplayer is very
    fun.

That is a great door and I like Bubble Boggle also. I was at one time connecting to the broken bubble for those games but it hasn't answered for a long time so I just run them localy. My tetris doors doesn't work unless I am connected to the broken bubble. It starts up fine but new games don't seem to want to start up when I try to run a local game. Maybe one day I can figure that out.

Maybe someone could open their JSON port for others to connect to so we could have more BBSs in the games.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

--- GoldED+/LNX
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From echicken@echicken@ECBBS.remove-xtn-this to The Lizard Master on Tue Jun 2 05:43:54 2020

By: The Lizard Master to All on Mon Jun 01 2020 22:01:44

I assume something happened to the person who ran the broken bubble? I just was enjoying multiplayer
    tetris tonight and wanted to let them know, but doesn't look like I can.

He's still around, but not active on DOVE-Net. Were you unable to connect to his BBS? I saw him on there earlier today.

---
    echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From echicken@echicken@ECBBS.remove-ix0-this to Al on Tue Jun 2 07:33:25 2020

To: Al
    By: Al to The Lizard Master on Mon Jun 01 2020 19:23:00

Maybe someone could open their JSON port for others to connect to so we could have more BBSs in the
    games.

I've just enabled Synchronetris on my JSON-DB server. People are welcome to connect here for that game if they want to:

bbs.electronicchicken.com:10088

I can add some others if needed. (The Broken Bubble is supposed to be online, but probably doesn't get much attention from its sysop these days.)

---
    echicken
  • From MCMLXXIX@mcmlxxix@MDJ.remove-12ax-this to The Lizard Master on Tue Jun 2 16:29:19 2020

By: The Lizard Master to All on Mon Jun 01 2020 22:01:44

My system crashed while I was out of state. It should be back online now.
    Sorry about that.

-mcmlxxix

---
    þ Synchronet þ The BRoKEN BuBBLE (bbs.thebrokenbubble.com)
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-y7u-this to Al on Tue Jun 2 17:46:09 2020

To: Al
    By: Al to The Lizard Master on Mon Jun 01 2020 07:23 pm

That is a great door and I like Bubble Boggle also. I was at one time connecting to the broken bubble for those games but it hasn't answered for a long time so I just run them localy. My tetris doors doesn't work unless I am connected to the broken bubble. It starts up fine but new games don't seem to want to start up when I try to run a local game. Maybe one day I can figure that out.

Maybe someone could open their JSON port for others to connect to so we could have more BBSs in the games.

I don't mind doing that, I'm pretty sure I opened up that port just in case and I'm hosting on AWS so should be stable too (I can look into more later, bbs.lizardmaster.com if you want to try). I only recenty reset up Sync so Tetris came pre installed. My wife was playing and I said, you know that's actually multiplayer if you want to try it out. We spent the next hour playing each other. Maybe just try re-downloading the tetris xtrn subdir from the cvs.

---TLM

---
    þ Synchronet þ Nite Eyes BBS - To make people happy about my tagline everywhere...
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-y7u-this to echicken on Tue Jun 2 17:49:05 2020

To: echicken
    By: echicken to Al on Tue Jun 02 2020 12:33 am

I've just enabled Synchronetris on my JSON-DB server. People are welcome to connect here for that game if they want to:

I can add some others if needed. (The Broken Bubble is supposed to be online, but probably doesn't get much attention from its sysop these days.)

Ah cool, don't worry about trying to connect to mine then, EC's pretty established, I just added that connection string and will try soon! Thanks!

---TLM

---
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-y7u-this to Digital Man on Tue Jun 2 17:41:24 2020

To: Digital Man
    By: Digital Man to The Lizard Master on Mon Jun 01 2020 07:24 pm

Matt's still around (mcmlxxix in #synchronet and other channels at irc.synchro.net). His BBS was up last I check too.

Oh that's great, I started by going to the website, and then clicking back through archive.org. I guess I should have started with telnet, lol.

---TLM

---
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-ncv-this to MCMLXXIX on Tue Jun 2 23:07:29 2020

To: MCMLXXIX
    By: MCMLXXIX to The Lizard Master on Tue Jun 02 2020 09:29 am

My system crashed while I was out of state. It should be back online now. Sorry about that.

No worries, glad to hear you are fine and I was able to let you know on your board how cool it was to have some fun with it!

---TLM

---
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-cx0-this to echicken on Wed Jun 3 19:30:43 2020

By: echicken to Al on Tue Jun 02 2020 12:33 am

My wife was able to start one single player game, and then no games started after that. We had to switch back to local host. I tried again this morning and it was the same. The chat works, it connects, just actually starting a game was the issue.

---TLM

---
  • From echicken@echicken@ECBBS.remove-fcu-this to The Lizard Master on Wed Jun 3 20:10:13 2020

By: The Lizard Master to echicken on Wed Jun 03 2020 12:30:43

My wife was able to start one single player game, and then no games started after that. We had to
    switch back to local host. I tried again this morning and it was the same. The chat works, it
    connects, just actually starting a game was the issue.

Weird. You might try switching back to bbs.thebrokenbubble.com now that he has it back online.

I can try to troubleshoot it if necessary, but it'd take me some time to sort through it since it's someone else's game.

---
    echicken
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-3vy-this to echicken on Thu Jun 4 01:39:22 2020

By: echicken to The Lizard Master on Wed Jun 03 2020 01:10 pm

Weird. You might try switching back to bbs.thebrokenbubble.com now that he has it back online.

Great! Will do, thanks.

---TLM

---
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-3vy-this to echicken on Thu Jun 4 01:54:15 2020

By: The Lizard Master to echicken on Wed Jun 03 2020 06:39 pm

I see it is up on his board, but when I try to connect it seems to refuse. I was able to connect to yours though. Is it possible it's something on my end? I believe I added 10088 as allowable on AWS.

!JavaScript /home/ubuntu/sbbs/exec/xtrn_sec.js line 61: uncaught exception: err
    or 107 connecting to TCP port 10088 on server bbs.thebrokenbubble.com

---TLM

---
  • From echicken@echicken@ECBBS.remove-10tt-this to The Lizard Master on Thu Jun 4 05:06:52 2020

By: The Lizard Master to echicken on Wed Jun 03 2020 18:54:15

I see it is up on his board, but when I try to connect it seems to refuse. I was able to connect to
    yours though. Is it possible it's something on my end? I believe I added 10088 as allowable on AWS.

There's a bug in the game's service script, which means it probably works for a while after the server hosting the DB has been restarted, then fails. I've reported the bug to the author; he'll likely fix it soon, or I can sort it out.

---
    echicken
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-ygo-this to echicken on Thu Jun 4 16:38:38 2020

By: echicken to The Lizard Master on Wed Jun 03 2020 10:06 pm

I see it is up on his board, but when I try to connect it seems to refuse. I was able to connect to yours though. Is it possible it's something on my end? I believe I added 10088 as allowable on AWS.

There's a bug in the game's service script, which means it probably works for a while after the server hosting the DB has been restarted, then fails. I've reported the bug to the author; he'll likely fix it soon, or I can sort it out.

Cool thanks!

---TLM

---
  • From echicken@echicken@ECBBS.remove-stc-this to The Lizard Master on Thu Jun 4 20:30:22 2020

By: The Lizard Master to echicken on Thu Jun 04 2020 09:38:38

There's a bug in the game's service script, which means it probably works
    I've reported the bug to the author; he'll likely fix it soon, or I can sort

Cool thanks!

He's made an update which probably doesn't solve the problem entirely, but will prevent the service from crashing and make the bug a bit easier to track down.

Please try again (using his DB server or mine) when you get a chance.

---
    echicken
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-k00-this to echicken on Sat Jun 6 22:47:01 2020

By: The Lizard Master to echicken on Sat Jun 06 2020 02:06 pm

So I changed it back. Ran a one player game, and then got whipped a bunch of times by my wife. Looks like it's working much better thanks!

I just realized I set it to yours though, I am still unable to connect to his.

---TLM

---
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-k00-this to echicken on Sat Jun 6 21:06:33 2020

By: echicken to The Lizard Master on Thu Jun 04 2020 01:30 pm

works
    I've reported the bug to the author; he'll likely fix it soon, or I can sort

Cool thanks!

He's made an update which probably doesn't solve the problem entirely, but will prevent the service from crashing and make the bug a bit easier to track down.

So I changed it back. Ran a one player game, and then got whipped a bunch of times by my wife. Looks like it's working much better thanks!

---TLM

---
  • From echicken@echicken@ECBBS.remove-ff7-this to The Lizard Master on Sat Jun 6 23:28:54 2020

By: The Lizard Master to echicken on Sat Jun 06 2020 14:06:33

So I changed it back. Ran a one player game, and then got whipped a bunch of times by my wife. Looks
    like it's working much better thanks!

Whose server were you using?

The problem was sort of worked around but not fixed. One of us might have some new messages in our log pointing to the source of the problem.

Thanks,

---
    echicken
  • From echicken@echicken@ECBBS.remove-ff7-this to The Lizard Master on Sat Jun 6 23:29:43 2020

By: The Lizard Master to echicken on Sat Jun 06 2020 15:47:01

Weird. Okay, if you can let me know roughly when you were playing the game, I'll see if there's anything interesting in my log from around that time.

---
    echicken
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-4kh-this to echicken on Sun Jun 7 05:16:22 2020

By: echicken to The Lizard Master on Sat Jun 06 2020 04:29 pm

Weird. Okay, if you can let me know roughly when you were playing the game, I'll see if there's anything interesting in my log from around that time.

I just was on there from 9:15-10:15 ish eastern time right before sending this. We got simultaneously booted one time, other that that worked well.

---TLM

---
  • From The Lizard Master@the.lizard.master@NITEEYES.remove-4kh-this to echicken on Sun Jun 7 05:15:20 2020

By: echicken to The Lizard Master on Sat Jun 06 2020 04:28 pm

Whose server were you using?

The problem was sort of worked around but not fixed. One of us might have some new messages in our log pointing to the source of the problem.

The only one I can connect to is the echicken one, just banged on it for about an hour, was kicked out once.

---TLM

---